“Nice hostel, awesome staff”

The Emperor's Crown Hostel
Ranked #8 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I arrived to Perth without knowing anyone but that immediately changed when I checked-in at Emperor's Crown. The staff is amazing, specially Seda and James, who became my family during my stay. Once I got my own place I went back to the hostel a lot just to enjoy and be part of the happy and friendly environment.
Rooms are clean, linen is provided, and I had a private toilet on the 4 shared room which was a welcomed surprise.
Hostel is in great location, 5 minutes walk to everything and quiet at night.
I stayed twice there already and I wouldn't consider any other place to stay if I'm ever near Perth again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Thomas O, Manager at The Emperor's Crown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate reviews, either good or bad. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for The Emperor's Crown Hostel

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been travelling Australia for a while and I have never found a place I liked as much as this. Everything is clean, the location is excellent (5 mins from anything u want in perth!). I can't say enough nice things about the staff but in particular i want to thank Seda for making my stay so much better. After only a few days I felt like I had known her all my life she is one of the most fantastic people I have ever met. What made me fall in love with this hostel is the atmosphere and the people in it they made this more than just a place to stay, they made this a home! The only thing wrong is the two week stay limit because I want to stay forever!

• Stayed: January 2013

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been traveling all around Australia and the emperors is my favorite hostel! The location is perfect especially when I was working( 2 min to the train station). From the first day on it felt homely. I meet amazing people sitting outside in the nice courtyard having a few drinks together or just playing cards. The staff working here is absolutely amazing. Big thanks to Seda, James, drew, Tom and Anthea for replacing my family and friends at home. I can totally recommend this hostel to everyone, whether you are traveling alone or as a group! You are not gonna feel alone :) I cooked a meal every day in the clean kitchen. All of The facilities are very clean and the beds nice and comfortable. So all in all the best place to stay in Perth!

• Stayed: December 2012

Thanks for the review! Come back any time!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Emperors Crown Perth is by far the best hostel I have stayed in in Australia and I would recommend it to anyone! The location is excellent, only minutes walking distance to the train station, the city, the nightlife of Northbridge, the library and Coles. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff who work here, Seda, James, Drew, Tom and Anthea: they are always so polite, friendly, helpful and welcoming. The staff especially have made this place a home away from home for me and I'm really grateful to them for that. If you want to meet some nice people, stay in a big clean dorm room, and cook in a nice kitchen (that is cleaned twice daily) then this is definitely the place for you. This is not a party hostel or the cheapest hostel in Perth, but In my opinion it is definitely worth the money to live in a nice, clean, safe and friendly environment and have a good time while doing it :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for the lovely review! We do our best, glad our hard work has paid off.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a private room for 3 people whivh had been charged 140 per night. I made a call to book for air-condition room but when we arrived the room we found that this room had a broken air-condition.
It's not working properly!!
it's damn hot as a heater in the weather of 37 degrees outside!!!
the staff show his responsible by bring us a noisy fan to use through the night.
And then, when i asked for discounting, he suddenly walked away.
If you can find another place, don't come to stay here! if you cannot, make sure you ask them about the air-con is working in proper condition.

• Stayed: December 2012
Thomas O, Manager at The Emperor's Crown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hi lping14,

Thanks for your review, even though it is negative we still welcome honest reviews.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that there is much more that we could have done in this case. When you informed the night supervisor that the air conditioner in the room wasn't working he came up to check it and was confused, because the air conditioner was on and the room was cool. In an effort to help allay your concerns he offered the use of a large fan during the night.

I also checked the air conditioner the next morning after you raised your concerns with me and I can assure you that it was functioning 100% correctly.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Tom O'Brien
Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at the emperors for 10 months while on break from the mines, cleanest backpackers in Perth i think . Staff were great and a big thanks to Tom for all your efforts mate , showers clean , rooms clean , never saw any trouble there, great that its 5mins from everything.
Recommend staying there to everybody .

You run a very clean place Tom, u deserve a pay rise, see ya soon ;()

Room Tip: its all good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank glen985
Thomas O, Manager at The Emperor's Crown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your awesome review - always a pleasure having you stay with us!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed there as part of a group booking. Rooms are pretty much bare, but clean. Shower facilities are likewise basic but clean. Staff are very friendly and super helpful, which makes a big difference. The communal kitchen -- basically a large commercial kitchen with plenty of big burners and ovens -- is a really nice idea.

Certainly worth considering if you don't want to pay the earth!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank au_traveller_77

Thanks for the review! We always appreciate comments, good or bad, but it's always extra nice to get good comments - Hope to see you again sometime soon.