“You must try the chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Laneway Lounge

The Laneway Lounge
Reserve with
The Laneway Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 1,639 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Bar, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Detroit, Michigan
“You must try the chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Phenomenal cocktails, luxurious and cozy atmosphere, consistently good live music. Need I say more? The mixologists here sure know what they are doing, and the chips with the truffle aioli are too fabulous to even attempt to describe. Did I mention the pork donuts or the calamari with squid ink? These dishes are not to be missed either. A great place to go for tapas to share with friends (so much good food to try). Yet, let me warn you, do not order the hot smoked salmon and potato salad as it is the only letdown on the menu....no potatoes and baked salmon, not smoked. It is decent, but not at all what the descriptions sets your expectations up for. I will overlook this small discrepancy because the staff is phenomenal, you only have to dine here once and they will remember your "regular." A hidden gem in the CBD for sure!

• Visited May 2014

“Table drinks service...finally!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Loved this place. Walked past heading for Shafto Lane and stumbled onto this little gem. We went in (through the sliding glass doors) and were surprised to find a great bar with stunning features, an excellent whisky list and great cocktails.

This really is a hidden gem of Perth, and what I really enjoy is the table service...no more standing at the bar for 20 minutes trying to get a drink. The staff are friendly and professional and know their drinks.

This is our new CBD go to bar. The table drinks service just wins me over every time, Perth is known for its terrible service and its good to see a bar taking some initiative and offering this level of service!

Looking forward to going back next weekend!

• Visited June 2014
“Very good night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Laneway is amazing because it's at a live music venue/bar/restaurant.We reserved a table for my fiance's 30th. We had the pleasure of watching the band play whilst enjoying wine and a yummy tapas style menu. It was so much fun! It's definitely an experience worth having.

• Visited February 2014
“fabulous :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Haven't actually eaten here, but every time I go the atmosphere, service and cocktails are outstanding, a must see !!!!

• Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“Let's hope the serivce improves with time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

One night when my fiancée and I walked home to our apartment in Perth we noticed this new little bar and thought we would give it a try.

Turns out the place had only just opened but already it seemed to be popular with the after works drinking crowd. On the plus side they quickly found us a small table and gave us some menus to look at. There was a little bit of a wait to place our orders but we didn't mind since it was obviously busy and we were enjoying looking around at the new place.

Once we had placed our order (two drinks and a couple of tapas dishes) the waitress brought us plates and cutlery followed by five minutes later our drinks. Now my fiancée and I aren't huge drinkers so it took us a good 30 minutes in between chatting to finish our drinks. After this we waited another 15 minutes before deciding I'd head to the til and tell them that we would just pay for the drinks and to forget about the taps since it was taking so long.

The girl at the till found our bill and then informed me that we hadn't ordered any tapas to begin with since it wasn't on her computer screen. I explained I had and the girl grabbed our waitress as she walked by to question if we had indeed ordered some food with our drinks. The waitress confirmed this and even showed her pad with our order for both drinks and food.

The girl at the til still them asked me whether I was sure I had ordered food since if it wasn't on her master computer screen then it hadn't been ordered. I suggested maybe whoever placed the order on the computer haven't put in all in. All I got in response to this again was a "no are you sure you even ordered it".

By this point I was extremely frustrated by being second guessed about something I knew I did, the waitress confirmed I did, the waitress had proof on her order pad that I did and as I then pointed out " If I didn't order food why the hell do I have plates and cutlery" After this my anger was being to show and my fiancée convinced me to leave it and just go even with out a sorry for our mistake and your wait from the staff. But I may have hopped on to Urban Spoon as we walked out to tell of my terrible experience and warn others.

So all in all it was a terrible first experience there and I haven't been back since which is a shame since it is only a 200 metre walk from my apartment. The place itself seemed nice the only let down was the terrible staff and the way they dealt with customers. With any luck the girl who was manning the til has been fired and their services has been increased exponentially. If you do choose to go here make sure you go expecting bad service either way you will be pleasantly surprised or at least knew what you were getting in to.

And I had to rated the food as terrible since I ever actually received mine : (