“Great steak sandwich”

The Painted Bird Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 1,547 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Painted Bird is a small bar located in the heart of the Perth CBD, offering a range of tap and bottled beers, local and international wines and cocktails. We also offer a modern casual dining menu including a range of tapas, share plates and mains.
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Was a little sceptical as we entered because it didn't appear to have alot of customers but I am so glad we continued to a seat. Staff very welcoming and helpful. The steak sandwich was up there with the best I have eaten. Meat melted in your mouth and sauces definitely complimented the steak then those chips of crisp, crunchy beer battered loveliness. Well done guys I will be back. Sorry plates empty.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We really wanted to like this restaurant as we were the only people on a Friday lunchtime and being in the heart of the city we thought it would be busier. A few more tables did come in as we were eating lunch.Our service was attentive and the food came out quickly and it was as described on the menu ,but on saying that it seemed to be lacking something.The portions were not big I was ok but my husband was still hungry.The menu was smaller than we had viewed on The Entertainment Book a lot was only available for dinner so as a vegetarian I had a limited choice.My burger was fine but the chips seemed to be coated in a flavoured salt which I wasn’t keen on.Overall this venue was ok ,maybe it was the odd decor or lack of patrons , or small portions that left us feeling the need for more.On saying that using our discount we couldn’t complain about the price!

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Romantic atmosphere with sofa or tables and chairs

You can get delicious food in generous servings. Example: crispy pork belly and fish and chips!

Wonderful place for dinner for 2 pax

1  Thank blueneutron
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Recently dined here with my partner. Found it via instagram and good reviews on Trip advisor. The service was great, but everything else is a let down unfortunately. Overpriced food. Pork belly tasted like a packet bought from Coles, steak tasted like chicken (even though it was beef, just not cooked well). Food was presented like it was slapped on the plate. Cocktails tasted fake (no fresh fruit flavors). I really don’t like giving negative reviews, but I’ve got to be honest. Friendly & attentive service, but we left thoroughly disappointed and felt like we wasted a lot of money. Unfortunately we wouldn’t recommend or dine again.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

My husband and I enjoyed our visit to this little bar - the tapas were of high quality, big portions and excellent value for money. I can highly recommend the lamb sliders and the mushroom, parmesan and rocket salad. Good wine list too! Service was quick friendly and efficient. A good little Perth bar in the CBD.