“Well done!”

The Painted Bird Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #32 of 1,413 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Painted Bird is a small bar located in the heart of the Perth CBD, offering a range of tap and bottled beers, local and international wines and cocktails. We also offer a modern casual dining menu including a range of tapas, share plates and mains.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went for lunch here and it was very good. Service friendly without being OTT. Food was extremely good, different and presented beautifully and it was excellent value for money. Had the $30, 2 course lunch and would definitely recommend it. Nice to find somewhere special for lunch that doesn't cost a fortune. Will be back for sure..

2  Thank Tracey J

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having read the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to visit The Painted Bird for my husband's 70th birthday. We are so pleased we did. The food was beautifully cooked and presented. We were presented with amuse bouche of cauliflower soup with truffle oil before the meal. Our oysters, a mix of natural with chilli and lime sorbet and Panko fried with Wakame and pickled cucumber with Miso Mayo were delicious as were the main courses of Slow Cooked Pork on the chef's special menu and the Margaret River Beef. My husbands sweet was presented on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate plus a candle, which was a lovely surprise. The service was friendly and efficient and we hope to return again before we leave Perth in a few days.

1  Thank sfh36
Reviewed June 9, 2014

By far the best restaurant in Perth CBD. Great service and excellent food. I've now been 5 or 6 times

1  Thank Paul418
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just had dinner in the Painted Bird and I believe they got better since last time I was here.. It's still a small restaurant, not too noisy and good for a nice dinner out. Service also excellent with attention to detail.
Lovely amuse-bouche of porc ravioli.
Tried the fish of the day, also super.
Not sure about the other dishes, but what I had was excellent. Furthermore pricing in ever more expensive Perth was reasonable.
Can recommend.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I went to dinner here with my partner for my birthday.

The entrees (pork terrine & salsa verde, Margaret River venison bresaola & celeriac remoulade, House baked sourdough, cultured butter, local olive oil) cocktails and mains (Margaret River beef 3 ways: braised cheek, slow cooked skirt, crispy fried tendon, potato, pear & prosciutto pave, red wine sauce) were excellent. Very well done, and very tasty.

The desserts were not bad but they were not as expected. For example, the bacon ice cream did not taste like bacon or savoury. Next time, I'll probably order the Toblerone cocktail instead. The wine was also mediocre.

The service was pretty average. Despite the restaurant being half full, service was basic. For example, the waitress poured us water but was sloppy and slammed down the glasses on the table. When placing our order, the waitress cut off my partner to ask me "What would the lady like to order?" which was both rude and a bit patronising. Also, we ordered a bottle of wine and kept having to serve ourselves. I guess I just expected a higher level of service considering the website touted the front house staff had 5-star hospitality experience.

Lastly, the atmosphere is a bit flat. I cannot put my finger on why, but it just did not feel like an enjoyable place.

There are quite a few nice restaurants with good service in Perth. So while I would go back to The Painted Bird, I will not be rushing back.

2  Thank HAGustin