My friend and I just checked in at Alderney on Hay around 2pm on 15th of November 2013, we made a booking for two rooms. Then we got rooms but it was not the same floor; therefore, we asked the receptionist about having our rooms are next to each other or in the same floor. However, she immidiately responsed us with an attitude without checking room availability for us, it seemed she lack of expereince and hospitality knowledge. Additionally, she said to us she can't change anything because it was booked via website and after that she said that "WHY DON'T YOU GUYS COME IN HERE AND DO MY JOB?", personally she provides very poor service with negative attitude and she is not extremely professional to work in the hospitality industry. More than that she just said to us that she got 2 degrees that's why she works as the receptionist, we think it was very insulting. After that she rang the manager to come to talk to us and said to us that "YOU GUYS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS PLACE" then we explained to the manager about her bad behaviour but she refused that she did not say like she did to us before, then we told the manager to check the camera in order to see her bad reaction towards us, including she is a liar.
Anyway, we are still disappointed with her terrible service and it is not fair for us that the manager did not investigate for this matter during our check in process. We are wondering that why the manager did not make it clear for us because we did nothing wrong.
Lastly, the manager made our check in process professionally and explained to us clearly and nicely which is a good sample for her to follow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth