Alderney on Hay is a little out of the CBD (about 15 min walk) and provides economical accommodation for groups (up to six).
Many reviews were quite scathing of the apartments, but other than a bathroom in need of serious ventilation, there was nothing wrong with the apartment. The kitchen was properly equipped and working (although the oven did smell of burning when we turned it on) and the washing machine/dryer came in very useful.
The only downside to the stay was the possibility of hefty "hidden charges". Firstly the security deposit was $250 (not $150 as our booking details specified) - this is more than one night's accommodation!
There were also hefty fees for noise complaints ($250) and not removing all the rubbish from the room prior to exit. I would not recommend this hotel for a group looking to have a good time, as you may find the hotel is not as economical as you first thought.
The cafe downstairs is good, and two cafes across the road were open during the Easter long weekend (when most other things were closed).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth