Alderney on Hay
ibis Perth(Perth)
$93
$86
  • Room Service
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$133
$104
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$81
$78
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$112
$104
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mantra on Murray(Perth)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
Hotel Northbridge(Perth)
$135
$78
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre(Perth)(Great Value!)
$100
Travelocity
$157
$147
Agoda.com
All reviewshay streetindoor poolsofa bedundercover parkingcooking utensilswe've stayedgreat accommodationfull kitchenwashing machineground floorcat busan overnight stayperth cityswan riverlaundrywacacricket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a deluxe 2 bedroom apartment at the back of the building (218) and were very satisfied. The apartment was very spacious with separate bathroom, shower and laundry rooms. It was clean and relatively modern and thankfully quiet at night (I had read it can be noisy however maybe because we were at the back of the building we were away from it - there is a backpacker place next door). It was a 10 minute walk to the centre of the city or a short free bus ride. Pool area was quite nice and my daughter spent hours in the pool. I would have liked to use the fairly well equipped gym however it didn't open till 8am which was a bit late for me. Staff were efficient but not friendly and it seemed that they would put their heads down when we walked past to avoid interacting with us.

Ok, after discussing this review with my husband he makes the following comments:
- sauna didn't work
- the place is tired and a little run down
- he thinks some of the apartments are permanent rentals and maybe backpackers rent them - he had parties going on regularly through his previous stay 4 months ago

Overall I would say you get what you pay for. Perth is a relatively expensive city (I am from Sydney and was surprised by the high cost of everything compared to Sydney). I thought the apartments represented good value in an acceptable location.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank ChickybabeSydney
Reviewed December 20, 2012

the apartments are huge and its great for families. Only thing that needs to be worked on is the extremely dirty sofa and the carpets. Overall still a pleasant experience. Also note that although its on hay street, its on the opposite end of hay street where all the action is at. Takes about 20-25mins to walk to the other end.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This apartment is in a good location but the decor is worn. In my room, the soap and shampoo was not filled and had to have only a rinse in the shower.

Also to get into the parking area or after hours entry you have to remember two separate code numbers. Why they don't have electronic entry I don't know. In all the stay was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AshisAus
Reviewed November 26, 2012

street noise people shouting and doors slamming all night ,i think because 2 bedroom apartments lots of backpackers can afford,never again,police were called and i have never done that before.should have beem alerted when booking in everyone was in early 20s and backpackers and they hand you a full page on rules ???? no normal hotel does that.

Room Tip: choose another hotel unless you are in your early 20,s
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rjbAustralia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was quite skeptical initially when I was booked into this hotel. The reviews have not been exactly flattening. However, it was a pleasant surprise once I got into the apartment. It is generally clean and well maintained. I am most impressed with the many electrical appliances available. Perhaps it was the period in which I travelled but I did not experience the so-called loud and excessive noise from the Backpackers' Inn nor from the main road.

The stay would have been complete if there was Fox Channel on TV. The receptionist could have been friendlier and more approachable. The bed is not the most comfortable too.

Other than that, no other complaints. I will definitely consider staying here again if I come to Perth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends