I had to book two appartments for a junior sporting team, and the price at the Alderney on Hay was just right.
I read a lot of the reviews here, and happened upon only one positive one...so I was a bit worried.
I personally spoke to the hotel (on a Sunday!!) and let them know what I needed, a nice clean place for me to take other people's children. The staff member suggested thei delux appartments.
We got Room 9 on Floor 1, and Room 16 on Floor 2.
The appartments were clean, with two good sized bedrooms, three way bathroom from the main bedroom, well equipped kitchen, and separate laundry and toilet.
Main bedroom - double bed and desk and chair. Built in wardrobe with extra bedding, and access to the bathroom.
Second bedroom - two single beds. Built in wardrobe and access to balcony.
Lounge area - modular lounge which incorporates a sofa bed. Perfect for one, or for kids, though I expect it may not have been comfy for two adults. Sliding door access to the baclony, with a view - nice to be able to go outside, though the view isn't much to write about. Flatscreen digital TV with remote. Coffee table, with coasters.
Dining area - part of the carpeted area, next to the kitchen. Wooden table with six chairs, table mats.
Kitchen - Fridge, oven, hotplate, kettle (free tea and coffee etc.) toaster etc and enough crockery and cutlery for 6.
Laundry - washer, dryer, basin and cupboards which contain vacuum cleaner, mops broom etc. With a sporting group the washer and dryer were used every night. Just remember to clean the dryer filter after each load for best drying results.
Noise - Not noisy at all (apart from the kids we had with us!!) the only noise I heard was one emergency vehicle siren a long way away. We stayed two Saturday nights and we were not disturbed at all by the backpacker lodge next door..
Gym and Pool - Mezanine floor has heated indoor pool and spa (and shower) and separate gym - treadmill, weights, ball, rowing machine, exercise bikes etc.
Curtains did a great job of keeping out the light, and as mentioned we had no issues with noise.Our room was right next door to the carpark and backpacker lodge, so no issues with sound proofing in room 16 (floor 2).
The units aren't serviced, and I had to ask where to put my rubbish, but that was fine - it's near the carpark entrance on the left of (as you look at reception. The reception people and cleaners were very helpful and friendly.
Reception hours are limited, but well signposted. Guests are given an afterhours access code on arrival, and each room is automatically provided with 2 keys.
Parking - parking permit provided on check-in. However our vehicle was too high to go into the underground parking. This was not an issue for us because the on-street parking was free before eight and after six, which suited us ok. We had no issues with security on the street.
Split system aircons. Only one remote.
I think you need to be specific about your requirements, and book early. Had we known we could have swapped out our double bed for two singles, but we left it too late.
We made good use of the convenience store up the street - behind the Kebab shop, which opens at 6.30am everymorning and closes late. Further up the street there is an IGA, and further still there is McDonald's etc.
Getting to the hotel on the first day prooved tricky, but the rain and the GPS didn't mix. However it's only about 25 minutes from the airport.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starwest Apartments Alderney On Hay is leading the way in offering affordable, fully self-contained quality apartments that are close to the city centre.Our 3.5 Star property is conveniently located in East Perth approximately 1km from the Perth City Centre. Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay is located just minutes from the Perth CBD, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, the WACA cricket ground, Burswood Casino, Gloucester Park, Ascot and Belmont horse racing tracks and the Swan River. Featuring spacious non-smoking self-contained two bedroom apartments with dining/living area, separate laundry and bathroom, direct phone line and a private balcony - it's the perfect accommodation whether you're on holiday or travelling for business. Standard Apartments:Spacious 2 bedroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. Deluxe Apartments:Each Deluxe Apartment has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, television, DVD player, lounge, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer.Platinum Apartments:Our Platinum Apartments consists of two bedrooms and one bathroom; it has a fully equipped granite-top kitchen, dishwasher, lounge, television, DVD player, spacious dining/living area and separate bathroom and laundry with washing machine and dryer. The modern platinum apartments also include a daily housekeeping service.The property also offers:• E-Sense Cafe open Monday-Friday 7.30am-3pm.• DVD hire available at $7 per movie.• Cot Hire at $10 per night.• Local and International calls are chargeable. • Vending machines with snacks. • Dry cleaning / laundry service.• Indoor pool – heated.• Spa and gym facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alderney on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alderney On Hay Hotel Perth
- Alderney Hay
- Alderney On Hay East Perth