“Super-friendly team”

Mountway Holiday Apartments
Ranked #53 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I spent a week there and was overalls very satisfied. I was given a nice room on the 4th floor with a great view of Perth CBD and the Barrack Street Jetty. the room needs a new carpet, and the mattress is lumpy and laid-in and should be replaced. Other than that, the room-quality corresponded to the rate.
It's located at the bottom of a very steep hill, but if you make the effort to walk up it, you are rewarded with King's Park directly in front of you, one of Perth's most beautiful sights. And you just need to cross the pedestrian bridge over the freeway to be right in the center of Perth city, with a short walk to the train station and an even shorter one to the buses.
Thanks to John, Shinto, Polly Anna, Pete and Deba for being a great team and looking after me.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Mountway Holiday Apartments

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was going to stay here but when I sent an email to Mountway Holiday Apartment about some inquiries, I was shocked by the reply that I received.
Yes, he was talking to a 17 year old as I did state my age as it related to my inquiries that I sent but I sent a well-written email to them so they know that they are not talking to some rude stereotypical teenager.

Reading the reply with the "Guess What?" as an introduction instead of "Hi, V*****" or "Thank you for your inquiry", I got the instant reaction to not stay with this accommodation. I did not stay here as the result of the rude email from the manager.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank LonelyChild97
John B, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear young lady of 17 Thank you for your posing on Trip Advisor, it gives us the opportunity to tell the readers that we do accept juveniles when the booking is made by the parent. Guess what... you and your friends missed the opportunity to take one of our free tours. It’s all on F B Mountway Apartments Perth Western Australia. 20,000 like us and like our free pass offer. Every year for Country Week we have the Busselton Senior High School here. We like schoolie groups once a year. I am concerned you were shocked by my very explicit response to your first email. You were quick reaching for the keyboard. Kind regards John Bergin GM since 2001.

Yes, he was talking to a 17 year old..

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Firstly, our family arrived at 9 in the morning and the kind lady at reception found us a room to check-in early - much appreciated as we had our toddler girl with us. Thank you for your kind gesture even though we did not reply promptly to your e-mail about our arrival time.

The room we stayed in (208) was spacious and we had an enjoyable stay there. The kitchenette had a large fridge, a portable stove/heater and kettle for boiling water. We were able to whip up a delightful meal with what was provided and there are plates and cutlery etc for our convenience too.

The staff walking about were friendly and warm.
I really liked the retro fittings.

Overall a good location, free parking and comfortable stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank merismer
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Dear All,

I’d like to add to my previous reviews of Mountway Holiday Apartments since every time I stay there it just keeps getting better (see the review on 5 Dec 2013). The view of the CBD is stunning especially early in the morning and evening and I find myself saying “This is really special”. It makes me want to get up early and get going! Fantastic! The standard of accommodation for the price is truly great value for money! Perth’s best kept secret.

I’ve been staying at the Mountway at least twice a year for more than 5 years and I must say that the management there make life very pleasant for me: John Bergin, Polly, Shinto, Peter, and the ever friendly cleaning staff make me feel at home. If I need anything, all I have to do is ask once and my request is handled immediately.

The improvements over the years include: refurbished kitchens, free Foxtel, free Wi-Fi, free Caversham Wildlife Pass, and the free location map. The map is great if you’re new to Perth: “If you use this map you will be able to easily find your way around town, and you will be able to find your way back again”. Add this to the wonderful transport options by public busses, shuttle busses, trains and taxis, and you’re sure to get around quickly and conveniently. There is also a computer available in the front office to access your email and search the Internet if your personal device isn’t working.

For those who love exercise, there a cycle paths north and south of the river and running spots up to Kings Park and around the river. For those who love views of the CBD, the Mountway itself, Kings Park and South Perth are easily accessible places, for that special photo, day or night.

I really hope that my addition can help you in making a decision to stay at the Mountway: the best value for money and convenience in Perth without a doubt! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I do. “I’ll be back!”

Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
Bud

Room Tip: "Rooms higher up have a better view of the CBD."
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Bud F
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Considering the close proximity to the city, Mountway is very good value. We could walk into the city for shopping, dining, the art gallery and museum etc. The staff were super helpful, and the linen was super clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Smiffy360
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed this apartment for 4D3N. Friendly staffs with informative knowledge of the tourists spots. Kudos on the map provided. We have no major complaints as we on a budget.

The location is beside the highway, so it was noisy. Just close your balcony door before you sleep. The kitchen provided is basic but fully equipped. Bathroom and toilet, was Ok. Just the sink need some plumbing job as the tap is leaking. Room was clean but the floor (between bathroom and kitchen) was super cold during winter. Wear socks.

The apartment is beside the Kings Park, good luck on the steep hill climb. Worth the exercise with beautiful view on the city.

We pre-booked directly via their website. But we paid by cash upon arrival. Lower your expectations and it is worth your money.

Will we return? Oh yes!

Room Tip: Very informative map provided.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lily A
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was my first time in Perth. I would be happy to stay here again. The staff at the reception are polite and helpful. Its location is within easy walking distance to the city centre, the convention centre and Kings Park (up the hill from the apartment complex). The rooms were clean but fairly old. I appreciated having a small kitchen so we could cook a couple of meals, this allowed us to keep the costs of travelling down!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business