“Good Value Stay”

Mountway Holiday Apartments
Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Perth
“Good Value Stay”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Firstly, our family arrived at 9 in the morning and the kind lady at reception found us a room to check-in early - much appreciated as we had our toddler girl with us. Thank you for your kind gesture even though we did not reply promptly to your e-mail about our arrival time.

The room we stayed in (208) was spacious and we had an enjoyable stay there. The kitchenette had a large fridge, a portable stove/heater and kettle for boiling water. We were able to whip up a delightful meal with what was provided and there are plates and cutlery etc for our convenience too.

The staff walking about were friendly and warm.
I really liked the retro fittings.

Overall a good location, free parking and comfortable stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank merismer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Dear All,

I’d like to add to my previous reviews of Mountway Holiday Apartments since every time I stay there it just keeps getting better (see the review on 5 Dec 2013). The view of the CBD is stunning especially early in the morning and evening and I find myself saying “This is really special”. It makes me want to get up early and get going! Fantastic! The standard of accommodation for the price is truly great value for money! Perth’s best kept secret.

I’ve been staying at the Mountway at least twice a year for more than 5 years and I must say that the management there make life very pleasant for me: John Bergin, Polly, Shinto, Peter, and the ever friendly cleaning staff make me feel at home. If I need anything, all I have to do is ask once and my request is handled immediately.

The improvements over the years include: refurbished kitchens, free Foxtel, free Wi-Fi, free Caversham Wildlife Pass, and the free location map. The map is great if you’re new to Perth: “If you use this map you will be able to easily find your way around town, and you will be able to find your way back again”. Add this to the wonderful transport options by public busses, shuttle busses, trains and taxis, and you’re sure to get around quickly and conveniently. There is also a computer available in the front office to access your email and search the Internet if your personal device isn’t working.

For those who love exercise, there a cycle paths north and south of the river and running spots up to Kings Park and around the river. For those who love views of the CBD, the Mountway itself, Kings Park and South Perth are easily accessible places, for that special photo, day or night.

I really hope that my addition can help you in making a decision to stay at the Mountway: the best value for money and convenience in Perth without a doubt! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I do. “I’ll be back!”

Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
Bud

Room Tip: "Rooms higher up have a better view of the CBD."
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Bud F
Morrinsville, New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Considering the close proximity to the city, Mountway is very good value. We could walk into the city for shopping, dining, the art gallery and museum etc. The staff were super helpful, and the linen was super clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Smiffy360
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed this apartment for 4D3N. Friendly staffs with informative knowledge of the tourists spots. Kudos on the map provided. We have no major complaints as we on a budget.

The location is beside the highway, so it was noisy. Just close your balcony door before you sleep. The kitchen provided is basic but fully equipped. Bathroom and toilet, was Ok. Just the sink need some plumbing job as the tap is leaking. Room was clean but the floor (between bathroom and kitchen) was super cold during winter. Wear socks.

The apartment is beside the Kings Park, good luck on the steep hill climb. Worth the exercise with beautiful view on the city.

We pre-booked directly via their website. But we paid by cash upon arrival. Lower your expectations and it is worth your money.

Will we return? Oh yes!

Room Tip: Very informative map provided.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lily A
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was my first time in Perth. I would be happy to stay here again. The staff at the reception are polite and helpful. Its location is within easy walking distance to the city centre, the convention centre and Kings Park (up the hill from the apartment complex). The rooms were clean but fairly old. I appreciated having a small kitchen so we could cook a couple of meals, this allowed us to keep the costs of travelling down!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Tiger2210
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is nice to email us to confirm our arrival time just to ensure we know the procedure to obtain the hotel room key.

Generally the hotel is strategically located near the city and King's Park (walking distance).
The room is clean, but a bit aged. No issue if you want to find a place to sleep.

Oh, it's located next to a freeway. May be an issue for light sleeper.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a higher floor to avoid the traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New Norfolk, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was our first visit and I would be happy to stay again should I go back to WA... staff were helpful, curtious,accepting and accomodating..Very clean establishment.. close to the city center making it extremely convenient for touring . We found the beds to be warm and comfortable. Being close to the freeway did not disturb our sleep. Kids enjoyed the free foxtel and internet service after a long day exploring the city. Restaurants are in walking distance and we were impressed with the staff recommended Fast Eddies which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We stayed 8 nights

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family