“Great Apartments”

Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Gympie, Australia
“Great Apartments”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at Mountway for 9 days and overall it was a very pleasant experience. The room was spacious, bed comfortable, kitchen well equipped and the bathroom was excellent with hot water and high pressure at all times. Limited Foxtel channels were a nice touch (I got to watch the US Open) and the staff were always helpful although I needed very little from them except tokens/washing powder for the laundry. While parking seemed to be an issue (car park was full a lot of the time) I personally had a hire car for 4 days and had no problem finding a car park every-time I returned. $100 p/n is very reasonable for Perth and you get more than you pay for. I have to mention traffic noise as it is noticeable although I had no trouble sleeping and there was no other noise to complain of. Free public transport runs practically to the door every 15 mins and takes you right to the city should you wish to utilise it as I did for the first 5 days. (It is excellent)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Perth
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was staying in Mountways from 11th Aug -4th Sep 2013. Highly appreciated the service provided and all the amenities are excellent. Everyone treated me with good courtesy and felt very happy to stay in Mountways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I came to Mountway Holiday Apartments from hearing from a friend who stayed there. My stay was only to be 3 weeks but ended up being 10 weeks. At all times I felt safe and secure. I had no problems parking my car the few times I had to go out. The public transport in Perth is great with many free services almost on the doorstep of the apartments. I enjoy walking so most times its easier to do that than driving. Kings Park is just up the road. All the management, staff are all friendly and go all out to please the guest's requirements. If I ever require the need to stay in accommodation in Perth again it will be at Mountway Holiday Apartments. While I was there, Foxtel was installed and new kitchens fitted out. The only thing you need to bring is your suitcase & food. Ok the freeway is a little noisy at times but quite entertaining to watch the traffic go by if you are a car buff, I had no problems sleeping. I stayed on the 5th floor at first then was moved to the 2nd floor which suited me better!

Thanks again to Manager John Bergin and his team. Keep up the good work.

Best Regards Chris Harris (Room 210).

• Stayed August 2013
Mount Barker, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

These units are ideally located in Perth with free public transport, excellent pubs/ restaurants within easy walking distance. Our searches for reasonably priced accommodation for a week in Perth revealed excessive tariffs in most hotels within the CBD. The Mountway units are well priced and you get what you pay for. Some minor maintenance and upgrades and more detailed cleaning would fix a lot of the cosmetic issues described by other reviewers, and noted during our stay, but it was evident during our stay that units are being progressively updated. Units are aged but are all good size and bed was very comfortable. Good views of city lights and river. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We would readily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We recently stayed here while in Perth for a short visit. The first room we were placed in was quite disgusting - there were stains on the carpet and rust stains in the bottom of the shower/bath... not really encouraging us to want to use it. We went out to get some food and came back and asked if there was a possibility of being upgraded to one of the superior apartments.
The man we spoke to was wonderful and couldn't be more helpful, I will say that the service was absolutely excellent. This room was much better (I actually felt safe having a shower, and the water was nice and hot) and the bed was comfortable. Only downside in the new room was that the floor was still a bit gross (felt like we needed to wear shoes the whole time we were on it because you didn't want to go bare foot) and that the toilet cistern/pipe had a lot of masking tape wrapped around it and a bowl underneath it to catch drips.. felt a bit unsanitary?
I heard that renovations are under way and I can't wait to see what it will look like upgraded as I think it is in a perfect location. We walked into the city for tea both nights and both mornings we walked up to King's Park to watch the sunrise which was lovely!

Room Tip: Highly recommend superior apartments compared to standard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the mountway apartments for the last stop of our trip. When we arrived we lucky to have found a car park that was big enough to just for our 4WD (there is not enough parking so a park is not guaranteed so you may have to park on the street) We then checked in and went to our room. It is very old and out dated. The heater took ages to heat up and by 'kitchen' they actually ment a stoneage electric single hot plate and a old
Electric fry pan. No oven. The kitchen facility's were the main reason why we decided to stay here, so I was some what dissapointed. The room
Was really noisy right next to the hwy, the bed wasn't that comfortable and the foxtel only worked when it felt like it. This is also coming from a couple at the age 23 and 25. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Rizz13
Cleaver294212, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Mountway Holiday Apartments. Limited free parking is available at Mountway during the day and it’s also free on the street in the evening. I have no trouble parking my larger than regular 4 wheel drive, Ford F100 on site. If you want guaranteed parking you have to pay around $25.00 a day at a neighbouring Hotel. The building is old but all the equipment is near new, including the state of the art air-con which by following the written instructions on the welcome letter, works beautifully. Most people know that reverse cycle air-con is not instant heat. In the kitchen the electric fry pan and hot plate are replaced periodically as necessary. Your stone-age comment indicates a limited vocab'. It’s true there is no oven there but you can roast a small turkey in the electric frypan. Certainly you won't be able to bake cakes. Yes you can hear the drone of cars but to me it sounds like the ocean. Mountway could be seen as a half full, half empty kind of place, depending on how you view things. We were not able to check your Foxtel as you did not bring that to our attention when you had the opportunity, which is unfortunate because everyone else is very happy with Foxtel. We do not grasp the relevance of your ages, but while you are on ages I am 63 and have been manager here for almost 12 years. Sue and I will continue to make improvements to Mountway while offering the most affordable self catering apartments in Perth City. Kind regards John
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked on line from an internet site but on arrival.......!! This would be the worst place I have seen that is on the market for the traveller. On entering the room, the smell was disgusting - it stunk. Furniture old and disgusting- bath room dirty-bedding yuk!! We were given a 100% refund as I refused to stay there.

Room Tip: Avoid this establishment
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank alvesy
Telling the truth is always a good idea. The truth is Mountway is not everyone's cup of tea but we are often filled to capacity with happy budget travellers. To tell some more truths we refunded this person for two reasons. First reason was he was obnoxious and a bully and we didn't want him around for a second longer. Second reason is by refunding him on the spot, we were hoping he would not deliberately and maliciously go out of his way to damage our business. Most discerning travellers will look into other reviews more than just this one and make a balanced decision about where to stay, not taking too seriously these unbalanced and outrageous comments.

Travelers are raving about these Perth hotels