“Cheap..”

Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Manchester, UK
“Cheap..”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The apartment was cheap but the room was really dark and not very clean. The kitchen only had a one ring plug in hob fridge and a microwave. There were also BBQ facilities. On one of the days the shower spewed mud, which I think was due to roadworks but the staff didn't let us know or even mention it. We were unable to use the water for a few hours. The rooms are quite cold and the reverse cycle air con doesnt work very well/ cuts out/ is difficult to program. The whole place was quite tired and old. It's a good location for getting into town though. We wouldnt stay again. I think you can get better accomodation for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank AlexandKev
John B, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes it's the most affordable accommodation in Perth. "Dark" well yes it is but there is electric lighting available and included in the tariff. You might not have noticed the electric kettle, toaster, rice cooker and electric fry pan (you can roast a small turkey in that). These items are in the tall cupboard in the kitchen. The micro wave is on top of the family size refrigerator in the kitchen and I agree that is a very useful item. Yes the barbecue area is very much appreciated by a lot of guests and there is a very nice photo on the Mountway Apartments FB page of people enjoying it. I am very surprised you had an issue with the shower. That is very strange as no one else had an issue with it or perhaps they are just not saying anything. The Mitsubishi state-of-the-art aircons have been working great. We have not had a single failure of an aircon since they were installed four years ago. Yes Mountway is old and tired, but guess what? Starting next week the very first kitchen will be totally refurbished. I know you will not be back but anyone who reads this and wants to book should ask for apartment number 408. By the end of April we should have about 6 refurbed and then 12 a month till we get to September. Then the budget price and location won’t be the only main attraction at the budget Mountway Holiday Apartments. I do thank you for your review and I agree with everything you say except the mud, I have not been able to fathom that unfortunate occurrence. Kind regards John Bergin GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staying at the Mountway Holiday Apartments suited us perfectly.....a large group of 15 there for a Wedding. A big "thank-you" to the staff for sorting out a few booking problems....will know next time to book direct with Mountway!!! Perfect location on the edge of the city, and just a quick walk to Kings park. Whilst it's not "the Ritz", our rooms were clean and comfortable. Being next to a major Freeway might be unsettling for some, but i always travel with earplugs so it was no problem for me whatsoever. We also used their BBQ area one night which was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Book directly with the Mountway....ask for John.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brucetrip
Dreieich, Germany
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My stay was for business & the location was excellent - only a few minutes walk across the bridge & I was in the city.

I stayed in a studio apartment & appreciated the larger room & the flexibility of being able to prepare my own meals - especially breakfast.

Staff were very friendly & helpful & the Mountway city map they gave me quickly became indispensable for getting to know Perth CBD.

Top all of that off with the great value rates (much less than the CBD hotels!) & this place is a real winner!

I would deefinitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ComunicationComando
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My second stay in Mountway,over here from the U.K. I find value for money and helpful service. The rooms are cleaned well every weeks, and there is no limit to extra towels etc. The staff in the office are friendly and helpful. I would certainly come here again if I was coming to Perth. Helen

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Helen S
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have stayed at Mountway apartments on and off when I am in Perth city on business.

The last time was during the heat wave and the air-conditioner was very much appreciated. This time they gave me a room facing the river. I have always found the staff helpful and friendly.

As I pay for my own accommodation I appreciate the low price. My business could pay for a 3 or 4 star hotel but I like my own kitchen. Don’t change a thing.

it’s all good just the way it is.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alan c
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I first stayed at Mountway about 5 years ago and came back in January this year for a longer stay. This time I was with my Mum and 15 month old toddler. The apartment was clean, tidy and spacious, we had more than enough room for the pram, lots of toys and luggage and even a highchair. Not to mention the extremely active toddler. The beds were comfy, the faint noise of the highway wasn't an issue and we all slept very well. Brilliant views of the city and the lights are awesome at night.The air conditioning was excellent, we had several 35-40 degree days during our stay and it remained comfortable in the apartment. The kitchen had a new fridge and microwave and was very well equipped. The shower was great and had a bath tub which is fantastic for toddlers. The Digital TV (especially the channel ABC4kids) was very well utilised. The staff were amazing, friendly and extremely helpful, accommodating us with all sorts of things from a lost key late at night, to extra towels and sheets whenever we needed (messy work being a toddler), replacing light bulbs, providing us with a high chair and even toys and dealing with signed for parcels from England for us to name a few. The reception area is very welcoming and has a good supply of food and drinks and most importantly, MILK! I actually also booked a tour through reception the first time I stayed at Mountway. We used the washing machines and drying facilities lots. We always felt secure here and we have met lots of nice people from all over the world. The location is brilliant, Kings park is so close and it is lovely, and just over the bridge is the cbd and all the public transport that you need plus loads of restaurants and coffee places. We would definitely stay at Mountway again and have really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJV2013
John B, General Manager at Mountway Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your very informative review. It is always pleaseing to have guests returning.
Kind regards John & Sue Bergin
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been a regular visitor to Mountway Holiday Apartments over the last 15 years and wouldn't choose to stay anywhere else. The apartments contain all the facilities I need, kitchenette, digital TV, air con, comfy bed, bath or shower with plenty of hot water and the location is so central either to the city itself or King's Park is just a short walk away up picturesque Mount Street. Rooms get serviced weekly depending on your length of stay. The staff have a wealth of knowledge regarding any trips you might want to take, there is also a caretaker onsite during the night in case of any emergency. This provides a feeling of extra security. Washing machines and ironing facilities and wi-fi access are also standard on site.
Choose Mountway for friendly introduction to Perth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo