We stayed here for three nights in a three person room. We've stayed here before, and whilst the apartments are a little tired, in need of a spruce up and can be noisy (on the freeway) it's the most affordable place you'll find in Perth city with it's own kitchen and bathroom.
Definitely worth the stay for backpackers for example who want something a little more private and spacious than a hostel and travellers looking to stay on a budget - not spending much time in the room. Perth is expensive... don't waste your cash on pricey accommodation..!
We stayed for the Day on the Green in February in Kings Park, and this was the perfect location, a short walk up the street, to the venue.
In addition, the walk from Mountway to the CBD is only 10 minutes across the freeway. We also walked from here to the Swan River (Lucky Shag Bar and Rotto Express). It's quite central for people who don't mind a 10 minute walk to wherever they are going. The walk to the train station however is about 20-30 minutes. You even have a view from the staiwell over the Swan River..!
The kitchen and bathroom are a little tired, but served well enough. Microwave, fridge, kettle... The air conditoning worked very well (but turned off a couple of times on it's own... is there a central timer..?) and we were comfortable in our room.
The girls at the desk were extrememly helpful, offering to help us book anything we needed. All the staff were very polite.
We couldn't hear any other guests during our stay, even tho we did see other people. The only noise you'll hear is that of the freeway (24/7) but it's really just white noise after a while.
Would stay here again for the price and the closeness to the CBD, but probably wouldn't stay in Perth again because there's really not much happening in the CBD... it's all happening in Subiaco and Fremantle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in picturesque Mount Street between Kings Park and the City, adjacent to the Swan River, sixty-nine studio apartments with elevator to all levels. Each apartment is fully self-contained, with kitchen, private bathroom. Linen, blankets, crockery and cutlery supplied. Digital Television with free FOXTEL. Reverse cycle Air-conditioning. Most apartments have wide city views from balconies. Some spectacular river views are available from several vantage points. Walk to the city and business locations in a few minutes. We are close to restaurants and entertainment, bus-port and free CAT bus. PERTH CONVENTION EXHIBITION CENTRE is a 7 minute walk. For business or leisure, Mountway is the ideal location. Facilities include pantry shopping, wireless internet service, and token operated laundry. The extensive out-door Barbecue area is available 'Free to Guest'. Your hosts John & Sue Bergin welcome you to Perth Western Australia. Mountway is suitable for all travelers who want short to medium term budget 2.5 star self-catering, studio style apartments in West Perth Western Australia. NOTE: Mountway is located in West Perth 6005 but it's only a 1 minute walk to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountway Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Perth
- Mountway Holiday Apartments Hotel Perth