“no care factor!”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a work function at the Perth Convention Centre.
Upon arrival both the receptionists were exceptional! They acknowledged us as soon as we entered the foyer, they were pleasant and very helpful, which just made the day/evening more exciting.
We had a function at the Perth Convention Centre that night, and on the way back to the hotel my husband had an accident on one of the railings and sliced his lower leg open. We were not aware of the severity of the damage until we returned to our hotel room. I rang down to reception and I explained the situation and asked if they could book me a taxi which they did; after a more detailed inspection of his wound, one of my friends advised that we should get an ambulance so I rang down to reception again and again advised that it was worse than what we thought and will need to call an ambulance. Their receptionist advised that I had to call the ambulance, which was fine and I said to them that we would come down to the foyer and wait.
This is where all the good service given previously was tarnished...
We were waiting for about 15- 20 minutes in the foyer area for the ambulance to arrive and at no point did the person who was manning the front desk come out from his office and ask if we were okay or if we required any assistance. He knew we were there, he knew that we required an ambulance and it would have been nice for him just to show that he was concerned for our welfare especially since the towel we were using was soaked in blood.
As it happens we were at Royal Perth Hospital from 12.30am till 9.30am that night so I can not comment on what our stay in the hotel was like. When I came down to check out I joked about this with the receptionists and told them what had happened; both of them showed no emotion or interest, so this annoyed me so I said that I was disappointed that the night receptionist didn't know acknowledge us while we were waiting for the ambulance and again nothing! Not one word just a blank looks, I was quite shocked of the lack of empathy - I didn't ask or even imply that I was wanting a refund or a free night, but a "Im sorry to hear that" or just some sort of interest in the customer would have been appreciated.
So we experienced a bit of bad luck that night, no fault of the hotel, but we were their guests and its the small things that do not cost anything that people the remember the most. and I will mention that parking cost us $42.50 (from 1pm Sat to 10am Sun) another blow for the experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2010

As my heading suggests this does the job, but its pretty bland. Its directly opposite the Perth Conference Centre so would be very handy if one were attending a conference. It also OK for St Georges Terrace area which is only 5 mins walk.

Staff were friendly but perhaps not as professional as other Hotels in Perth.

Didn't use the restaurant. I bought my own breakfast and used the facilities in the room.

The breakfast pack they offer you is a not value for money and consisted only of a small carton of milk, orange juice and cereal.

I would stay here again but probably not my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank AMWA13
Reviewed May 26, 2010

This is my fourth visit to the Medina Grand. I've stayed on both business and leisure trips and while the hotel doesn't pretend to be five star, I really believe you get what you pay for. Even the smaller studio apartments (most rooms are one-bedroom apartments) offer more space than the average hotel room, complete with small kitchen, lounge and dining room facilities. And everything's right on the doorstep. Being positioned at the "Paris" end of Perth, there are top restaurants and bars, His Majesty's Theatre is a five minute walk away and the heart of the city's shopping precinct is only a few minutes further. All of the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. There's a lot of do-it-yourself stuff so not all of the services of a true hotel are on offer, but the service, location, cleanliness and space more than make up for that.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Excellent location, handy to CBD and main shops(10minute walk) and to ferry wharf. Opposite convention and entertainment centre quiet. Stayed in 2 bedroom apartment good size bedroom and lounge.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Fronts the Convention & Exhibition Centre which now obliterates any Swan river views. We occupied a studio king (bed) apartment with very basic facilities for 4 nights. The room was tiny, as was the balcony, with no comfortable chairs or lounge/settee. The shower rose was over the bath which may pose a problem for the less agile & without a non slip mat supplied posed a potential hazard on wet tiles/bath. Broadband access was offered but was expensive as was the restaurant. Food was fine but the mood spoilt by excessively loud music. Hotel reception staff efficient but lacked warmth & any sense of friendliness which in a way summarises our experience of the Medina Grand.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Management and reception staff are rude, incompitant, unhelpful and do not follow their own policies and procedures! It took 3 weeks and almost 10 long distant phone calls to get a refund when they wrongly charged me by over $500. The Manager Ross is very unprofessional, not returning phone calls - casting blame on staff and not taking any responisbility. Claiming to be in day longs meetings - yet when I called reception he was the one who answered the call! Charged $28 per day to use their own parking - stay at the hilton just up the road for the same price with that extra charge! Hotel is on the lake but pictures and descriptions fail to tell you the massive convention center in front - enjoy the view of the multi story car park one one side and a freeway on the other

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank ProfessionalATH
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We were a little more decadent in staying at the Medina but really enjoyed our stay. Friendly service, excellent facilities with a spacious and modern room. This made for a relaxing stay and contributed to an enjoyable time in Perth. The in-room laundry facilities were an added bonus for those travelling from the UK on an extended holiday. In addition it was excellent to have a separate living and kitchen area having stayed in hotel rooms for a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple