“Big rooms not a lot of atmosphere”

Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for work so I needed good Internet connection, but sadly the provider they use was terrible, and I wish I hadn't paid for it as it was expensive. $60 for 3 days and i could barely use it. The room I had faced the main road which gets busy during the morning but otherwise pleasant. The restaurant downstairs seems wasted, I'm sure it must pick up when there are functions on. The breakfast offers were very average. I would make my own in the room next time! Close to northbridge, you can walk there in 10 mins.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear SallySpider,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

I have noted your comments concerning the quality of our internet service. I have passed these details to our service provider for review.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay further, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed recently on a Saturday to go to a concert at the Riverside theatre at the convention centre. The rates was very reasonable for Perth, the room was lovely, the service was good and, of course, the location was perfect being so close to the theatre. Unfortunately our room was above the Metro Bar which was very noisy with loud alfresco dinners and drinkers followed by the noise of the staff packing up. So not much sleep. Perhaps it would be worth thinking about airport hotel type double glazing for these rooms? We would stay there again but will be careful about the room location next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Numbatman,

Your comments regarding Metro Bar and Bistro have been passed the owners and managers of Metro Bar and Bistro. My team are prompt to advise the restaurant when noise impacting our guests experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed in the Adena Apartments ( formely known as Median Apartments, but some external signage still labels as Medina during April 2014.
We stayed in the Premier Grand Twin Apartment as was located on the 5th floor ( top floor ), and had very ceilings - so this is a 2 bedroom apartment. Very large windows, floor to ceiling, so it was very bright.

The rooms: this is a serviced apartment, daily linen and clean done. There are three rooms: a living/dining/kitchen and 2 bedrooms. The largest ‘master’ bedroom has an ensuite and the smaller room can fits a queen sized bed/? King. There is also a separate bathroom. All rooms have a LED TV. The bed mattress are firm, but I slept well.
The bathrooms contain a bath with a shower head. Pressure poor, but water was always hot. Linen replaced daily.

Living room has two couches, dining table for 6 and working desk area. Very spacious. We had a child who had to nap in the afternoon, so staying in this apartment was excellent for the adults minding.

The kitchen has a hot plate, fridge equipped with minibar items, dishwasher, microwave, coffee making facilities. There is also a separate room with a washing machine/dryer.

We also had a massive balcony, with not much of a view ( top of conference centre roof ) but nevertheless was very spacious. Air conditioning was super strong, quick to cool down place.
The rooms are quite clean, but I think the furniture is looking tired/worn.

The lack of free wifi is disappointing, but this is an Australian hotel. We didn’t use the wifi service, but had a Telstra 4G Wifi broadband which we could share with multipled devices around the apartment.

Location: This is not right in the middle of the city, but it south end of Perth CBD. 50m from the conference centre. I thought this location was excellent, because Perth CBD is a small city and within 5-10 mins you are within the central CBD. The south end of perth is quite steep, but you can avoid the roads, by exiting at level 1 which connects to Bus Depot / Esplanade Underground train station and Westralia Plaza/Brookfield Place. Its not too far a walk to the Barrack Jetties. This Brookfield place/Square area was new to us, basically its where the large companies are located, but with that, lots of new places to eat. There is a fantastic food court (catered more to the workers), but there are some fancy restaurants/bars in this square/St Georges Terrace. It was so convenient to access and have lunch or dinner. This area is by no means a food district compared to Northbridge. I like this location. The only down size is because you are close to the bus-port teminal, you can hear the buses. So if you sleep early or are staying in the room all day, be prepared to hear bus brakes/start off . You get use to it. Maybe worth requesting a room on the west side of the hotel rather than east, where the bus depot is near to. Also, I never had a noise issue with adjoining rooms.

We never ate the restaurant/bar downstairs.

Front desk: very helpful, very friendly and always willing to help with a smile, no issues, helped with information and taxi booking. We always asked them to get a taxi, which they had to call for, but I think you could easily walk to Mills Street, where lots of taxis line up waiting outside the Hilton ( during weekdays/weekends ).

Price: I don’t think this place is a bargain, but where can you get a decent two bedroom self service apartment in the city? At least they were willing to price match when we called or emailed, compared to online prices.

Overall, would recommend this hotel if you have a family, or staying at conference. I disagree with a previously poster that this is not a place for young families -serviced apartment like this was fantastic and appropriate for young families. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kingfisher
Ankit P, Assistant Hotel Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear kingfisher

Thank you for choosing the Adina Apartment Hotel Perth for your Perth accommodation and for taking the time to post a candid review on Tripadvisor. Your highlights on our amazing location, great rooms and fine service are much appreciated.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next traveling our way and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Ankit Pilani
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just got back from 2 nights at the Adina apartments. What a great place to stay. We had a work function on and then a concert so we stayed 2 nights. A bargain at $150 a night. Fully self contained and equipped with everything you needed. Full size kitchen, bathroom and king size bed in the bedroom. 2 flat screens and a small balcony to relax on outside. Wouldn't bother with a hotel again when you can have all this for less. Definately would stay again. And the place was clean.

Room Tip: We got given the 2nd floor, don't think it really matters what floor you get. South side up high...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ankit P, Front Office Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Busdriva69

Your kind positive comment towards all our team at the Adina Apartment Hotel Perth is very much appreciated,

Constructive and Honest feedback from our guests such as yours will encourage our team to continuously improve the quality of our services and product, as it is only through feedback we are able to improve all areas involving our guests satisfaction and their well-being.

All the team thank you again for sharing your experience on the Tripadvisor website and look forward to welcoming your return in the future!

Best Regards,

Ankit Pilani
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Great location for the city and conference Centre and they charge accordingly. Perth prices are want to shock many travelers and Adina doesn't disappoint. Covers the basics well but I won't rush back. Staff were friendly and are used to coping with a recurrent fire alarm problem -twice during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear unlimitd,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your fellow travellers and ourselves your valuable insight.

I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. The fire alarms you mentioned where a result of guest actions.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Outstanding service and a very comfortable environment. Warm, reliable and extremely helpful staff. Particuarly Hotel manager Phil Wilmot. A true asset to the Adina brand. On standby for one of the nights i was booked at the hotel and offered to arrange alternate accomodation on my behlaf if they could not accomodate me. Fortunately they did, saving the potential hassle of relocating when on a very tight schedule. Would not hesistate to stay at Adina time and time again. Highly reccomended! With atravel schedule like mine - away from home 2 weeks out of every month service like this is a GODSEND. Well done to Phil and the team.

Room Tip: "Speak to PHIL"
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear James M,

Thank you for completing this review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

I am pleased that I was able to assist with your plans and that my team was able to ensure your stay was a pleasant one.

Please let me know when you are next returning to Perth, so that I am able to assist with your accommodation needs.

I look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I thought hospitality, in its truest sense, had died in this country. I have experienced so much "not my job", "that's up to another department to fix that" and "no we can't do that". Not to mention sullenness, rudeness, and an attitude that the person serving you is doing you a favour.

And then I checked into the Adina Apartments Hotel in Perth to discover that hospitality does still exist. Reception staff were friendly, obliging and efficient.... they actually seemed to want me to have a great stay... what a rarity these days. I was staying for a week for business and meetings in the hotel and the functions department went out of their way to ensure my business needs were met. The apartment was very spacious and well appointed and I wanted for nothing. A minor issue with my fridge was attended to by the maintenance department quickly and with a smile.

Great central city location with easy access to shops, cafes, supermarkets, movie theatres etc.

My highest recommendations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mieux2002
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear mieux2002,

Thank you for your review of the Adina Apartment Hotel Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us and your fellow travellers this valuable insight to your experience.

I am flattered to read that your experience with us has made such an impression. I am extremely proud of my team and their genuine passion towards ensuring our guests enjoy their experience with us.

I look forward to when my team and I can welcome you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Perth.

Please feel free to contact myself direct on +61 8 9217 8000 or via email pwilmot@adinahotels.com.au.

Adina Apartment Hotels Perth