“Ok for work. Close to Convention Centre.”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel has mini apartments and faces the exhibition and convention centre. I found it to be perfectly ok but nothing special. Like most Perth hotels its overpriced. Gym only had 3 pieces of equipment. Spa near pool not working. Had to ask for a blanket as none provided in the room. Complained about road works during the night and was initially told there was no roadworks (I told them to open a window) they then rang me back and told there was nothing to be done as it was up to Perth City Council. Don't stay here unless you have to.

Room Tip: No breakfast available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear WorkingMumCanberra,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth. I appreciate the time you have taken to complete the review of your recent stay.

I am disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback concerning road works has been noted and addressed with my team. These works did occur and are now completed.

Your feedback regarding the gym has been noted. For travellers requiring a larger range of equipment several gyms are within an easy walk of the hotel. My reception team are able to provide directions.

I have noted your comments with regard to blankets in the rooms. We do have blankets available, which receptions are able to provide.

Your comments in relation to the spa and breakfast have been addressed. Breakfast is indeed available 7 days from Metro Bar & Bistro. Monday to Friday from 7am and Saturday to Sunday from 7:30am. Room service is available from 6:30am. Breakfast packs are available in the apartments for guests requiring an early breakfasts. A range of restaurants is located close by at Brookfield Place a variety of breakfast options.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay further, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Medina Grand Perth for 9 days, and we loved it.

Our 1 bedroom apartment was spacious and comfortable and the kitchen and laundry facilities were very useful. The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful.

The hotel is centrally located, and is right next to the bus and train station. And it is only a 5 minute walk to St Georges Terrace and the CBD. So the hotel is a good base for those on business and also those on holiday.

The only reason I haven't given the hotel 5 star rating, is due to the fact that Wifi is not included in your room, it is a very expensive addition.

I would definitely recommend staying here though, and we will definitely be staying here again when we return to Perth.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh C

Dear Leigh C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review and your comments in regard to your experience with us.

In regard to your comments about internet access, our plans are comparable to other hotels in Perth. We do offer a complimentary WiFi in our foyer for a period of 30mins available on a daily basis.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Visiting Perth for a 4-day meeting, we stayed at the Grand Medina Hotel located near the conference centre and a short five minute walk from the centre of Perth. Comfortable and spacious suites with a balcony and a small but handy kitchenette. The prices for the rooms and for everything else in Perth are outrageous, but this is a result of the booming mining industry in the region unfortunately. WIFI is included but useless as it is impossibly slow and wired Internet is another expensive option.

1  Thank MichaelScholl

Dear Michael,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review and for your constructive feedback in regard to your experience with us.

I have noted your comments in regard to our internet service. Your feedback has been passed to our supplier. We do offer daily 30mins of free WiFi access in our foyer for all guests.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very spacious apartment, walking distance of the city centre and the ferry terminal. Was ideal for recovering from a long flight, kitchen equipment was good although too many 'mini-bar' items cluttering the fridge (preferred to buy our own elsewhere) Friendly and helpful staff on reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SR2012_10,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I are grateful for you kind comments.

My team and I are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable experience and your compliments are appreciated.

I have noted your comments in regard to the mini bar items "cluttering" the fridge. These are comments we will keep for our next mini bar review.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is very well-equipped for a self-contained stay. It is centrally located, so restaurants, ferries and local attractions are easily accessed.

The decor, cleanliness, and staff service were all exemplary.

We had a lovely time, and the pool was very pleasant at the end of a very warm day, but the spa was cold.

Room Tip: A view to the city and convention centre is preferable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear DebsHobart_Australia,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here for a week on a recent business trip to Perth, I found it very convenient with only a short stroll in to the central business district. Check in was quick and no fuss, the team on reception were very friendly and very helpful during my stay. My room was very comfortable and extremely clean with a fresh and bright interior space. The option of room service or self catering by using the kitchen facilities in my room was really great. Each day I returned to my room it had been cleaned and re-stocked where necessary. My overall experience at the Grand Medina was fantastic and I would not hesitate to stay here again for a business or holiday trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Simon_1975_Sydney,

Thank you for your "Excellent" review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

I will be sure to share your review with my Housekeeping team, who have been focused on delivering a high standard of room servicing. It is great to read that the teams hard work is being reflected in our guests experience.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the New Year. I wish you a safe and happy festive season.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed here for two nights at luxurious one bedroom apartment at competitive price during Internet sale (otherwise hotels in Perth is expensive). Great location, just across the driveway from convention centre, spacious apartment, clean, flatscreen TVs in lounge room and bedroom (although my bedroom tv didn't work but I wasn't in the room for much except sleeping). Huge balcony. Metro bar and cafe in foyer old spot for breakfast and drinks. A short walk to the shopping mall. Overall, would stay here again if in town for conference

Room Tip: One bedroom apartment on top floor (level 5)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear calby,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete a review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciated your valuable comments.

I have noted your comments, with regard to the television on your apartment. These details have been given to my maintenance supervisor for the problem to be rectified.

I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.