“Good location”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed November 6, 2012

For business + leisure stay this hotel is good. Great rooms with all kitchen & laundry facilities & very helpful & friendly staff. A nice cafe/ bar on premises & just a short walk thru to CBD shops, cafes & restaurants. Free CBD bus at bus station next door accessible from 1st floor side exit. The Lucky Shag at Barrack Street Ferry Pier is good for casual pub food with reasonable prices.
Housekeeping was a bit of a let down, after being out all day then coming back to a room at 4:30 to 5:00pm still not done was very annoying & the girls seemed to be rushed off their feet.....maybe more staff at busy times would be good. The bed was so so.....very "squishy" with not much support.....also couch in lounge not good ....same reason ...not comfortable ....better to invest in quality furniture than in "try- hard" decor in the rooms. Had no problems with noise of any type.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear jenkell ,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

I have noted your comments from your review and thank you for your positive comments concerning the service provided by my team members.

Your comments in relation to furniture and bedding have been noted and will be discussed with my owners, as a part of future improvement works.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,529)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great location and accessible to perth CBD shopping via 2 covered walkways. Rooms were very good, clean and modern. We stayed in room 44 level 2. The draw back was that our room opened onto a balcony that was directly above a very noisy bus depot. We had to leave our sliding door shut. my suggestion would be to ask for a room facing the other side of the motel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear sbgilly,

I have noted your comments about the noise from the bus depot. I do advise future guests that if you are a light sleeper, please let us know and we can allocate apartments away from the bus depot.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel has everything you could possibly need or want, it's very quiet, spacious and the one bedroom unit had two televisions. My daughter loved the pool and I had trouble getting her out. Would definitely stay again, I would probably eat outside of the hotel, the restaurant has mainly pub grub types of meals.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing convention centre
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear shizza,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

It has been a pleasure to read that you have had a pleasant your stay and that your daughter has found our pool facilities so enjoyable.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a modern apartment hotel opposite the convention centre and next door to the CBD. The staff were very helpful and moved my wife and I to a new apartment when the first was over the bus station exit and the noise on the balcony was intrusive. Each room has a balcony, with cover, a table and 2 chairs, where smoking is permitted.
There is an in-house restaurant, providing breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was very good. Alternatively, there are lots of restaurants and cafes nearby.
The apartments are roomy, with sitting room, kitchenette (with excellent fittings), bathroom (with washer and dryer) and bedroom. Air handling was quiet.
An excellent option, especially if attending a conference at the convention centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear mikemin,
Thank you for your encouraging review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

I share all feedback with my team on a regular basis. Your feedback and positive comments are greatly appreciated.

I hope that I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I like the place. Quite modern with snall kitchen in rhe rooms. The TV system is better than many other hotels and it is perfectly located for access to the convention centre.
My only issues were the 7 am start in the restaurant, i found i and other guests were walking into town to get brekkie. And food was a little on the expensive end of price ranges.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear George L,

Thank you for completing this review of your stay with us at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

I have noted your feedback concerning the opening times of Metro Bar and Bistro. This feedback has been passed to the owners and management of the restaurant for review.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Medina Grand Perth is ideal for conference goers at the Perth CEC. Close to lovely parks but a fair walk to shops, pharmacy etc. Staff reasonably friendly though this is a serviced apartment without much soul. V expensive at over $300/night. If you have a conference - and you can get a cut rate - go for it. Cheaper and better reviewed places within 5 min walk

Good
* Location - esp for conferences
OK
* Cleanliness
* Fit out - tho a bit tired
Bad
* Cost
* Bed - thin dooner = need air con all night = sore throat in mornings
* Some broken furniture

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the convention centre
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear AuTravelots,

My team and I thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have noted your comments concerning your stay and these have been addressed with my department heads. I especially note your comments concerning the doonas. I can advise that we have embarked on a program of replacement of all our doonas which I envisage will be completed over the coming months.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I have recently taken to overnight stays in the city as a way of relaxing and taking some time to ourselves (away from the kids). As such we're not looking for expensive, five-star, lavish stays at fancy hotels. But we are looking for value-for-money and somewhere clean (without toys to trip over).

Having recently been to two other Perth hotels, and being a bit disappointed, we thought we'd try the Medina because we were off to the PCEC for a show.

I parked the car outside reception and went to check in (hubby was already happily at a pub in town). Service at the front desk was prompt, friendly AND they asked me if I required parking. She organised a note for my car while sorting out my key and I was up and into the room in no time at all!

The room itself (premium one bedroom on the 4th floor) was well laid out, with a good sized kitchen, nice lounge room, ample balcony, nice bedroom and big bathroom. Two TVs are in the apartment, one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. And there's a laundry in the bathroom (tucked away neatly) for longer stays. It was also very clean and nothing looked well-worn or shoddy.

The view was of buildings and more buildings and the pool but I don't think it's a hotel to stay at if you're searching for views!

The room has a mini-bar, not overly cheap but most hotels are the same...... They also offered room service and although we didn't partake in the food offered it looked like a pretty substantial selection for an apartment-based hotel. The mini-bar also had a "breakfast pack" on offer and if I were in town as a tourist I'd think it pretty convenient!

The rest of the hotel was very well presented and clean and access can be gained to the building either through the main reception (foyer) or the train-station end of the building (very convenient).

It cost $275 for the night (including booking fee) and although that seems a little steep, having experienced two other hotels recently, it would appear that in Perth you most certainly get what you pay for.

Check out was also smooth and easy, with a heartfelt "Did you enjoy your stay?", which I appreciate.

All in all we were pretty happy with the stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2012
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete a review of your recent stay with us at Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate your kind comments with regard to your stay.

I certainly hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back, the next time you need an escape to the city.