“great hotel”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 10, 2012

stayed for 3 nights whilst at a conference at Perth Convention Centre. was upgraded to a suite, gorgeous rooms, very large bathroom, staff very helpful. Real milk in fridge for coffee instead of that long life stuff. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear vallywallyPerth,

On behalf of my team and I at the Medina Grand Perth, we would like to thank you for the time you have taken to complete your review.

My team and I appreciate your kind comments.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Reviewed October 5, 2012

A great location if you are attending the Perth Convention Centre (PCC) as you can drop in and out of sessions back to the apartment if you wish. The Conference organisers offered a "special" of $340 a night but by sacrificing my first mid week night elsewhere due to lack of availability I went direct to their website and paid upfront $183 for each night, a relative bargain in this pricey town. I had both an early check in and late check out and if I had a car it would have been free parking. A well designed layout with generous living space with pleasant (but cheap) modern decor, sunny balcony overlooking the PCC, a well appointed kitchen and huge bathroom with discrete laundry. I had a lower floor which was quiet except for the noise from the bar on Saturday night which had died by the time I got back from our function. I suspect higher up might capture some river views but I had little time to spare to enjoy the amenities of the apartment or the property.with a packed program. I had left the air conditioner on during the day to freshen the room which was rather stuffy on arrival and found it stiflingly hot when I dropped back in the late afternoon and within minutes of complaint on the phone to reception was moved to another room as maintenance staff had gone for the day. I wonder if they knew about the problem and were ready to palm off to the next unsuspecting guest stumbling in on a late evening flight! Overall I was very satisfied but found the bedding sparse and needing a duvet or at least a spare blanket which, again after a phone call, was promptly attended to. This property would probably not be convenient for those wanting to be nearer the city and mall action and it is a bit of a climb to that area but the free bus is nearby as is the train and there are escalatored arcades/passages/overpasses through buildings and over the expressway to take you to the shopping precinct or supermarket for supplies. I found the short cut through the first floor hallway to take you to the building's concealed side entrance (with key pass) and that saved time and walking distance going around the whole building through reception. Breakfast across the grassed area in the PCC is recommended and do not even think about paying $25 a day for internet when you can pick up free Wi Fi in your apartment from the PCC!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear skippyLuzern,

My team and I appreciate your kind comments, which I will be sure to share at our next monthly team meeting.

Unfortunately, I do need to advise future Travellers, that river views are not available, due to the surrounding facilities.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Medina apparently is under new management and the last bit of comfort is now stripped. Checked in at midnight, so not too much patience after a long flight. On the room, the snack were opened by previous guests and not replaced. Worse, the bedding was a really thin polyester doona, so way too cold to sleep under. The only thing the reception could bring was additional blankets. So much for a 250aud per night stay. Checked out after one night and moved to a better place.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MarcelinOz
Kashwinder S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear MarcelinOz

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to learn that your experience did not meet with expectations.

I do apologize for the Housekeeping and Minibar issues you experienced during your stay. I have discussed this with the respective department to ensure this will not happen again.

We do hope to see in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the property.

Kind Regards

Kashwinder Singh
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed on the 4th floor towards the convention centre side. The room was a one bedroom apartment which was smallish compared to the Oaks for example. For the price the hotel is comparable to others in its range. There is little to differentiate it though. Some small improvements would be to allow room service wine by the glass or alternatively have smaller bottles in the fridge and to have a stand for suitcases. There wasn't sufficient room in the bedroom for the suitcase so a stand would have been handy.

The service was friendly and the hotel is well located to the train station and the convention centre as well as the river if you plan to travel on the ferries.

If you are driving and don't know the area I suggest you take some time to look at the entrance on satellite especially if you are arriving at night. The signage is extremely small and not obvious.

Room Tip: Rooms on the convention side would most likely be quieter as they are away from traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear aussie_travellers_90,

Thank you for your recent review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

Your kind comments with regard to your stay are appreciated, I will ensure these are shared with my team.

I have noted your comments with regard to access signage. This matter is under review and I hope to have a satisfactory solution in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The room was very clean. The area was quiet and the service was excellent. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly. We also found the power saver device interesting (since you need to insert the room key card into it to turn on the power).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear gavinkendall,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide your fellow travellers and my team with your review of your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

Your kind comments regarding your stay are greatly appreciated. I will ensure these are shared with my team at our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

As perth is one of the most expensive cities in australia, this felt this was a decent choice among other more expensive ones. Our room was clean, there was also a small kitchenette. Its really close to the CBD. There is also a train station nearby. We essentially left our luggage here when we checked in and went out to spend the whole day sightseeing around perth and came back for the night. Had a peaceful sleep, not noisy at all. Overall. a decent choice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AuraSu,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreicate the time you have taken to provide us with this valuable feedback.

My team and I regularly share Trip advisor feedback to ensure we are meeting our guests expectations.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel, if you wish to discuss any aspect of your stay.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel.

My stay was very pleasant and I would probably stay here again.

The room was very clean and well set out. I loved the little kitchen area as it meant I could prepare my own breakfast and eat out on the small balacony.
I found the room warm and comfortable. The rooms were quiet so we were able to get a good nights sleep.
I did not use the bar or resteraunt so I cannot comment other than to say it looked popular. However Perth has a number of new little bars and resteraunts so there is plenty of choice if you do not want to eat at the hotel.

I did use the dry cleaning services and they were very efficient.
There is no concierge or porter for the baggage so if you want these services probably best not to stay here.

We were at a function at the Convention centre and so the Medina is very convenient.

The hotel is a good 10 minutes walk from the CBD which was not a problem for me but if you are not so fit it could be an issue.

I think the price is comparable with other hotels in the CBD.

When we left the hotel was not able to have taxis pick us up because of the City to surf run. This was an inconvenience to both us and the hotel however one of the staff did walk us to the nearest point for taxis.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ghtraveller

Dear ghtraveller,

Thank you for your review of the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken.

Your kind comments concerning your stay are appreciated.

The City to Surf race did provide access issues to the hotel on the day in question. The impact during this annual event is usually limited to 7am - 10am on a Sunday; however this year saw the start of the event at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.

We advise all travellers planning to be in Perth during this event next year to allow extra time to obtain taxis and airport transfers due to limited access to the city.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.