“Pay 250aud to sleep under blankets”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Pay 250aud to sleep under blankets”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Medina apparently is under new management and the last bit of comfort is now stripped. Checked in at midnight, so not too much patience after a long flight. On the room, the snack were opened by previous guests and not replaced. Worse, the bedding was a really thin polyester doona, so way too cold to sleep under. The only thing the reception could bring was additional blankets. So much for a 250aud per night stay. Checked out after one night and moved to a better place.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank MarcelinOz
Kashwinder S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear MarcelinOz

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to learn that your experience did not meet with expectations.

I do apologize for the Housekeeping and Minibar issues you experienced during your stay. I have discussed this with the respective department to ensure this will not happen again.

We do hope to see in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the property.

Kind Regards

Kashwinder Singh
Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed on the 4th floor towards the convention centre side. The room was a one bedroom apartment which was smallish compared to the Oaks for example. For the price the hotel is comparable to others in its range. There is little to differentiate it though. Some small improvements would be to allow room service wine by the glass or alternatively have smaller bottles in the fridge and to have a stand for suitcases. There wasn't sufficient room in the bedroom for the suitcase so a stand would have been handy.

The service was friendly and the hotel is well located to the train station and the convention centre as well as the river if you plan to travel on the ferries.

If you are driving and don't know the area I suggest you take some time to look at the entrance on satellite especially if you are arriving at night. The signage is extremely small and not obvious.

Room Tip: Rooms on the convention side would most likely be quieter as they are away from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear aussie_travellers_90,

Thank you for your recent review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

Your kind comments with regard to your stay are appreciated, I will ensure these are shared with my team.

I have noted your comments with regard to access signage. This matter is under review and I hope to have a satisfactory solution in the near future.

Toronto
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The room was very clean. The area was quiet and the service was excellent. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly. We also found the power saver device interesting (since you need to insert the room key card into it to turn on the power).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear gavinkendall,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide your fellow travellers and my team with your review of your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

Your kind comments regarding your stay are greatly appreciated. I will ensure these are shared with my team at our next team meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

As perth is one of the most expensive cities in australia, this felt this was a decent choice among other more expensive ones. Our room was clean, there was also a small kitchenette. Its really close to the CBD. There is also a train station nearby. We essentially left our luggage here when we checked in and went out to spend the whole day sightseeing around perth and came back for the night. Had a peaceful sleep, not noisy at all. Overall. a decent choice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AuraSu,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreicate the time you have taken to provide us with this valuable feedback.

My team and I regularly share Trip advisor feedback to ensure we are meeting our guests expectations.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel, if you wish to discuss any aspect of your stay.

Western Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel.

My stay was very pleasant and I would probably stay here again.

The room was very clean and well set out. I loved the little kitchen area as it meant I could prepare my own breakfast and eat out on the small balacony.
I found the room warm and comfortable. The rooms were quiet so we were able to get a good nights sleep.
I did not use the bar or resteraunt so I cannot comment other than to say it looked popular. However Perth has a number of new little bars and resteraunts so there is plenty of choice if you do not want to eat at the hotel.

I did use the dry cleaning services and they were very efficient.
There is no concierge or porter for the baggage so if you want these services probably best not to stay here.

We were at a function at the Convention centre and so the Medina is very convenient.

The hotel is a good 10 minutes walk from the CBD which was not a problem for me but if you are not so fit it could be an issue.

I think the price is comparable with other hotels in the CBD.

When we left the hotel was not able to have taxis pick us up because of the City to surf run. This was an inconvenience to both us and the hotel however one of the staff did walk us to the nearest point for taxis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ghtraveller
Dear ghtraveller,

Thank you for your review of the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken.

Your kind comments concerning your stay are appreciated.

The City to Surf race did provide access issues to the hotel on the day in question. The impact during this annual event is usually limited to 7am - 10am on a Sunday; however this year saw the start of the event at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.

We advise all travellers planning to be in Perth during this event next year to allow extra time to obtain taxis and airport transfers due to limited access to the city.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Picton, New Zealand
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I stay here one night for business meetings, the location is very good next to the convention centre and close to the financial district of Perth. Quality of the room and cleanliness is fantastic. However the heating in the room was literally none so it was torturing cold in the room and the only possible thing to heat the room up was to turn the oven on and leave the door open. The hot water in the shower was just warm, turned all the way to the hottest setting and it was just barely hot. Never had a chance to complain about anything as the stay was a very short one. Other than those two little things the place is quite good to stay at.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear JosePablin,

Thank you for your recent review of the Medina Grand Perth and your choosing to stay with us.

The maintenance issues you have mentioned concerning hot water and heating have been addressed. It is unfortunate that a boiler fault during your stay caused these problems. A permanent fix to problem has been applied.

Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. I am sure your fellow travellers will find you review of assistance.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was staying in Medina Grand Hotel that my husband book for celebrating my birthday.
What I can say is, the primier one bedroom is very nice and big.
However, I got a terrible experience with Staff calling me in the early morning at 10am for reminding me to check out on time. Which I was actually requested and confirmed that my late check out at 12. The reception staff rang me during my sleep and only give me a laugh at the end to apologise her mistaken call. How unprofessional is that !!!

And till 11ish my husband was having a shower and I was packing up my stuff. The housekeeper just knocked the door and came in. I was like... Thank God I got clothes on and not in the shower !! Housekeeping only walked in and have no idea we are suppose to be late check out and even ask me what time will I be leaving the room so he could be able to clean up the room.
Terrible ! And so Unrespectful !! Without apologising the disturbance and really impolite.
Considering the privacy of guest staying in the hotel, what if I was undress in the room and the staff just came in !!

The hotel was great but with very unprofessional and untrained staff !!
Wont be suggesting any of my friends to stay in this hotel !! A big disappointment !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Queenief
Dear Queenief

I am sorry that you were woken up by one of my team members when you have confirmed for a late check out. Please be assured that we have taken steps to ensure this will not occur again in future.

I do apologize for the Housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. I have discussed this with the respective department to ensure this will not happy again.

Kind Regards