“Short business stay”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stay here one night for business meetings, the location is very good next to the convention centre and close to the financial district of Perth. Quality of the room and cleanliness is fantastic. However the heating in the room was literally none so it was torturing cold in the room and the only possible thing to heat the room up was to turn the oven on and leave the door open. The hot water in the shower was just warm, turned all the way to the hottest setting and it was just barely hot. Never had a chance to complain about anything as the stay was a very short one. Other than those two little things the place is quite good to stay at.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear JosePablin,

Thank you for your recent review of the Medina Grand Perth and your choosing to stay with us.

The maintenance issues you have mentioned concerning hot water and heating have been addressed. It is unfortunate that a boiler fault during your stay caused these problems. A permanent fix to problem has been applied.

Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. I am sure your fellow travellers will find you review of assistance.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was staying in Medina Grand Hotel that my husband book for celebrating my birthday.
What I can say is, the primier one bedroom is very nice and big.
However, I got a terrible experience with Staff calling me in the early morning at 10am for reminding me to check out on time. Which I was actually requested and confirmed that my late check out at 12. The reception staff rang me during my sleep and only give me a laugh at the end to apologise her mistaken call. How unprofessional is that !!!

And till 11ish my husband was having a shower and I was packing up my stuff. The housekeeper just knocked the door and came in. I was like... Thank God I got clothes on and not in the shower !! Housekeeping only walked in and have no idea we are suppose to be late check out and even ask me what time will I be leaving the room so he could be able to clean up the room.
Terrible ! And so Unrespectful !! Without apologising the disturbance and really impolite.
Considering the privacy of guest staying in the hotel, what if I was undress in the room and the staff just came in !!

The hotel was great but with very unprofessional and untrained staff !!
Wont be suggesting any of my friends to stay in this hotel !! A big disappointment !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Queenief
Kashwinder S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Queenief

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to learn that your experience did not meet with expectations.

I am sorry that you were woken up by one of my team members when you have confirmed for a late check out. Please be assured that we have taken steps to ensure this will not occur again in future.

I do apologize for the Housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. I have discussed this with the respective department to ensure this will not happy again.

We do hope to see in the future and if I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the property.

Kind Regards

Kashwinder Singh
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here recently after getting off the Indian Pacific, and before heading off to Broome. Checki in was very perfunctary, and staff showed absolutley no interest, nor did they offer any advice or information about what was or was not available.

Room itself was quite good, clean and well equiped, including washiung machine and dryer which were needed after three days on the train.

Not wanting to travel too far for dinner, decided to eat in the attached restaurant. Big mistake, probably should have twigged to something when it was'nt open during the specified lunch hours. Arrived right on opening time of 6:00PM, and someone eventually turned up. I asked if I coulkd get something to eat, and was pointed to a bar menu(no mention of the bistro around the back, which I noticed later!). Ordered a hamburger and glass of wine and was told to sit anywhere. Sat down and waited. staff member came bustling up and said "This area is resered", my response was sorry, but there were no signs indicating this, to be told agasin THIS AREA IS RESERVED.I looked at this individual, an just thought poor person, and said I would move if he could direct me to an unreserved area, I got a strange look and he said you can stay for a while. They poroceeed to set up barriers and other control measures all around me...while I waited. 20 Minutes after ordering my hamburger turned up. Number was grabbed and statement made by the waitress, That all for this table, she was most annoyed when I reminded her that I had also been waiting 20 mins for a glass of wine, she stomped off and returned with one, no indication if it was the ordered one or not. By this stage I was over the place. I ate the burger(which was quite good), finished the wine, and left. Certainly will not be returning there.

I had booked a taxi with receptiuon for 7:30 in the morning...guess what, no show. When I asked for the bookng to be checked, I got a look of resignation as if it was all my fault. Needless to say the checkout procedure was as uninspiring as the check in.

Shamne for a very well presented property in a good location gets shuch a low rating due to the woeful attitude and disinterest of the staff

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank POOWS

Dear POOWS,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth and for the review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to the property presentation. I will ensure that this feedback is shared with my Housekeeping team.

I am disappointed to read that your experience at Metro Bar & Bistro was less than satisfactory. The Metro Bar & Bistro is independently operated. I have passed your feedback to the owners and managers of the restaurant for their action.

If you would like to discuss further your recent experience, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Comparably cheap, modern(ish) rooms, spacious and great location for my business trip. No restaurant/room service, crappy (yet expensive) in room cornflakes/popper breakfast provision. $9 for a beer from mini bar a bit silly. $5 for a small Cadbury choc bar more so. Tv remote in one room broken. Large chip on laminex benchtop. Bad towels. Quiet room. Aircon didn't work. Overall ok, so long as you don't have high expectations

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Boodar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth and for your review of your recent stay with us.

My team and I share Tripadvisor reviews on a regular basis.

Thank you for your comments regarding your apartment and mini bar pricing. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties and for our location.

I have addressed the maintenance problems you experienced with my maintenance team. These have been rectified.

If you would like to further your recent experience, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have an 8 month old baby and requested a room with a cot. We were given a room that turned out to be above the metro bar, that might as well have been a nightclub. Despite repeated requests to turn the music down they did not. One of the worst nights I've had - I will most definitely not be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Cam100
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Cam100,

Thank you on behalf of myself and the team at Medina Grand Perth for providing us with your review of your recent stay.

My team and I appreciate the time you taken to complete this review which we have found beneficial.

I was disappointed to read that the music from Metro Bar and Bistro disturbed your families sleep. This issue has been addressed with the owners and management of the restaurant. I hope for future guests that this will not be an issue. My team where able to arrange a room move for you, which I hope was to your liking.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A convenient and well designed apartment complex within the Perth Convention Centre.
We had difficulty locating with our GPS at first.
We had a one bedroom apartment on level 2 with a lounge and kitchen and bedroom. Had washing machine and dryer in cupboard within the large bathroom.
We found location fine although a good walk out of the heart of CBD. Good access to Swan River precinct and close to public transport. We had a hire car and parking underneath was a plus.
Decore is modern contemporary, all facilities are well designed and work well.

Bar and Rerstaurant facilities are on ground floor and of good quality. .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken050

Dear Ken050,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I regularly share Trip Advisors reviews to ensure we are meeting our guests and your fellow travellers expectations.

I noted from your comments the difficulty in locating Medina Grand Perth with a GPS. For future travellers using a GPS to locate the hotel we suggest that you enter 21 Mounts Bay Road – Perth Exhibition & Convention Centre, this will provide the correct route to the hotel.

If you would like to further discuss any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This Hotel suits those not only staying to attend conventions but those who love walking
Quite a way from CBD we stayed as your typical tourists but staff were just illformed we asked about various attractions staff had rely on looking MAJOR attractions up on net asked about Aquarium didnt know Perth had one!! We were palmed off to bus station info office rooms sagging pillows thin as just uneducated hotel

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Mars6969,

Thank you for your review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us and your fellow travellers with these valuable insights.

I was disappointed to read that my team where unable to assist with the tourist information your required. This has been addressed at our recent team meeting with a local area knowledge quiz that all team members passed.

In relation your comments regarding the walk into the CBD we have easy access from our level 1 into the CBD with is no more than an 8 min walk to Hay Street Mall.