“Perfunctory” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Birchgrove, Australia
“Perfunctory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Comparably cheap, modern(ish) rooms, spacious and great location for my business trip. No restaurant/room service, crappy (yet expensive) in room cornflakes/popper breakfast provision. $9 for a beer from mini bar a bit silly. $5 for a small Cadbury choc bar more so. Tv remote in one room broken. Large chip on laminex benchtop. Bad towels. Quiet room. Aircon didn't work. Overall ok, so long as you don't have high expectations

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Boodar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth and for your review of your recent stay with us.

My team and I share Tripadvisor reviews on a regular basis.

Thank you for your comments regarding your apartment and mini bar pricing. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties and for our location.

I have addressed the maintenance problems you experienced with my maintenance team. These have been rectified.

If you would like to further your recent experience, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have an 8 month old baby and requested a room with a cot. We were given a room that turned out to be above the metro bar, that might as well have been a nightclub. Despite repeated requests to turn the music down they did not. One of the worst nights I've had - I will most definitely not be back.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Cam100
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Cam100,

Thank you on behalf of myself and the team at Medina Grand Perth for providing us with your review of your recent stay.

My team and I appreciate the time you taken to complete this review which we have found beneficial.

I was disappointed to read that the music from Metro Bar and Bistro disturbed your families sleep. This issue has been addressed with the owners and management of the restaurant. I hope for future guests that this will not be an issue. My team where able to arrange a room move for you, which I hope was to your liking.

If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

A convenient and well designed apartment complex within the Perth Convention Centre.
We had difficulty locating with our GPS at first.
We had a one bedroom apartment on level 2 with a lounge and kitchen and bedroom. Had washing machine and dryer in cupboard within the large bathroom.
We found location fine although a good walk out of the heart of CBD. Good access to Swan River precinct and close to public transport. We had a hire car and parking underneath was a plus.
Decore is modern contemporary, all facilities are well designed and work well.

Bar and Rerstaurant facilities are on ground floor and of good quality. .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken050
Dear Ken050,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I regularly share Trip Advisors reviews to ensure we are meeting our guests and your fellow travellers expectations.

I noted from your comments the difficulty in locating Medina Grand Perth with a GPS. For future travellers using a GPS to locate the hotel we suggest that you enter 21 Mounts Bay Road – Perth Exhibition & Convention Centre, this will provide the correct route to the hotel.

If you would like to further discuss any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This Hotel suits those not only staying to attend conventions but those who love walking
Quite a way from CBD we stayed as your typical tourists but staff were just illformed we asked about various attractions staff had rely on looking MAJOR attractions up on net asked about Aquarium didnt know Perth had one!! We were palmed off to bus station info office rooms sagging pillows thin as just uneducated hotel

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Mars6969,

Thank you for your review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us and your fellow travellers with these valuable insights.

I was disappointed to read that my team where unable to assist with the tourist information your required. This has been addressed at our recent team meeting with a local area knowledge quiz that all team members passed.

In relation your comments regarding the walk into the CBD we have easy access from our level 1 into the CBD with is no more than an 8 min walk to Hay Street Mall.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

If you are wanting a place to stay with direct access to the Perth Convention Centre, this is the place for you. We love staying here when we are at the Convention Centre for a night time function, however watch the pricing as they do tend to hold rooms for conference type events and charge up to $1,000 per night. The Monday before our Friday event the rooms were $1,000 yet the day of the event we ended up only paying $200.00 which is a pretty big difference. Even when we thought we were doing the right thing by booking 4 months ahead we were going to have to pay $500 or so, so we ended up holding out hoping the rate would drop and sure enough it did, lucky rooms were still available.

Room Tip: We stayed in just a standard room and it was ok (smallish but ok).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Wendy1975_a,

Thank you for your review of Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us and your fellow travellers with this valuable feedback.

Your comments concerning room rates is appreciated and I will ensure my revenue team is made aware of this. Please watch for our advance purchase specials, available across many websites for best value.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Spacious and well designed room. A lot of natural daylight. Across the road from the Perth Convention Center. Nice bar/restaurant on the ground floor.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Maurorich

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for Medina Grand Perth. All reviews are important to us and are shared with our team.

The team and i are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Medina Grand Perth. We would like to take the opportunity to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards

Kashwinder Singh
Assistant Hotel Manager
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Options are limited in Perth unless money is no object, so the Medina ticks most of the boxes. I had a poor experience at another property on a previous visit, so I was pleasantly surprised at the Medina. Clean, quiet, relatively spacious, friendly and efficient service. Not a bad location, and overall fairly good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear calgarybrits,

Thank you for submitting your review of the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken. We regularly share all Trip advisor reviews to ensure we are meeting our guests’ expectations.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I hope that I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.