“Enjoyed My Stay At the Medina Grand” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Hobart, Australia
“Enjoyed My Stay At the Medina Grand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Really liked the Medina Grand. All new and modern and as I received an upgrade very spacious – I was on the 5th floor. The apartment had a lovely deck off both the lounge room and bedroom with outdoor seating. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I only stayed one night but could have easily stayed a week or more. The kitchen was really well stocked and well set out.
Great location if you visiting the convention centre and a few blocks walk into the CBD.
As with all Perth accommodation options – the rooms are way over priced – even with a 20% early bird discount – so I cannot give it a good value for money but at least everything is new.
My only really complaint is that there is no free wifi or Internet connection with outrageous charges to access. It is time ALL Australian hotels catch up with the rest of the world and start offering this – especially when you are paying well over $300 a night.
Apart from that I would stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear SuziiW

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Medina Grand Perth on your recent stay. All reviews are taken seriously and the team at Medina Grand Perth strives to achieve best results.

Your comments regarding internet prices have been note and will be discussed in future meetings

My team and I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back again to Medina Grand Perth.

If you would like to discuss any of the above in further detail, please don't hesitate to contact me personally at the property
Kind Regards
Kashwinder Singh
Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

girls at reception are friendly, had trouble finding the place probably should have a bigger sign at the entrance.. breakfast wasnt the greatest but good enough.. would stay again

Dear Overnighter

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for Medina Grand Perth on your recent stay. We take all reviews seriously and strive to achieve best results.

A better signage for the property has been noted and will be discussed in the next meeting

We will for sure be passing on your comments to the team and management of Metro Bar & Bistro regarding breakfast.

We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back again to Medina Grand Perth.

Kind Regards

Kashwinder Singh
Assistant Hotel Manager
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Rooms are small self contained apartments. Comfortable, clean and a better alternative to a hotel room.
Medina is 'at the bottom of the hill' but in walking distance to the CBD and most places you need to go if on business in Perth.
Restaurant for dinner is okay but the breakfast offering really needs improvement and to be little more flexible "like if it's not on the menu...............".
I mean how hard is it to make someone a ham and cheese toasted sandwich for breakfast!
Would stay here again but go elsewhere (or buy groceries) for breakfast.
And hey once again we pay a 'small gold bar' for internet use. I arrived here from 3 weeks in Europe and not once paid for hotel internet. But they do have wireless access in the room!
Maybe would consider 4 star with better more flexible breakfast and free internet.

Room Tip: Take a room on the Mounts Bay Road (Northern Side) it has to be quieter than a room on the south sid...
1 Thank HandHMelbourne
, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear HandHMelbourne,

Thank you for the review of Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate the time have taken to complete the review, we share all reviews on a regular basis to ensure we are delivering to our guests expectations.

I have noted your comments in regard to your breakfast experience at Metro Bar & Bistro. I shall pass these comments to the owners and management.

Your comments regarding internet pricing have been noted.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If you would like to discuss further any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Good Morning All,

I recently stayed at Medina Grant Perth from 11th to 15th June. First 3 nights was in a 1 bedroom apartment and the last night was in a studio room.

This was a work related trip.

Upon arrival, was quickly checked in a stayed in Room 1 on the first floor . Check in was pleasant and no problem.

Room was well sized, but you could see it was well worn. But I am not a fussy bugger, it was pleasant.

My room was directly over the small pool they have and looking into the city. The studio room (Room 17) was looking towards the convention centre.

Some positives:

- Great location for people wanting to attend a function at the convention centre.
- Great Lamb Ragu down stairs at Metro Cafe.
- Clean room and staff were pleasant.
- I managed to get a reasonable price for the 1 bedroom (around $250 a night).

BIG BIG TIP - I have noticed when booking accommdation here (as I am in Perth for 4 weeks), sometimes the Medina website has no accommodation left. I looked at a few different online booking places such as agoda.com and expedia.com that I was able to secure 4 nights for a 1 bedroom apartment for $1004 for the same period. Not sure if it was luck, but I am gonna take it.

Some negatives:

- Hiring a car and trying to find the entrance, it is a nightmare. If you get a cab, they know the way. But that could just be me. But I am not being silly in saying it is a trad of struggle to find.
- Mini bar is expensive. $12 for a scotch and coke in a can.
- Can be expensive to eat at the restuarant

Some tips/recommendations.

- There is a Woolworths not far from the hotel, get some food = cheaper.
- 2 mins away is a train station that hols a newsagent and small smal corner store if you need something general (not complication or specialised, they should have it).
- a 5 minute walk will get you too some food couts to eat at.

Overall, a pleasant stay. Not great, but good. I will be staying here for 2 weeks in a weeks time.

Yiew!

Room Tip: Room 1 of Level 1 was average.
1 Thank StubbyHolder
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear StubbyHolder,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I regular share Trip Advisor reviews and your has been particularly informative for us all.

I'll be sure to pass your comments to the team and management of Metro Bar & Bistro for their knowledge.

A solution to access signage is in the pipeline. I hope to have this problem addressed in the near future.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Great if you are heading to the convention centre, a couple of blocks of the CBD. Limited dining options in the hotel. Head to the Lucky Shag hotel on the pier!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AusTravel2010
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear AusTravel2010,

Thank you for the time you have taken to complete this review of the Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate your feedback.

The Medina Grand Perth is ideally located for convention guests, sharing the same forecourt as the Perth Convention Centre.

I hope that my team and I are able to welcome you back in the future.

Albany, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very pleasing apartment, that was clean and comfortable, however please be prepared to pay for everything including the morning newspaper (usually supplied free in other Perth hotels) Becareful and check your account on departure I was charged for 2 meals at the ajoining resturant, only ate one. Quite a few hiccups with electronic key to access lift, carpark etc, Also very difficult to find way in of road , not enough signs

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear swain_au,

Thank for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with these valuable comments.

Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your apartment are appreciated; I will ensure these are passed to my Housekeeping team.

I have noted your feedback concerning your account and I will address this with my reception team to ensure correctly billing is addressed in the future.

Access to the hotel can be a challenging for new travellers to Perth, I ask that for future guests; please call us for directions on arrival in Perth.

I hope have the opportunity to welcome back in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed with my wife at the Medina Grand for six nights for a conference at the Perth Convention Centre. We stayed in a one bedroom serviced apartment, and loved it.

The apartment was clean and well appointed. There was a flat screen television in both the living area and in the bedroom. We didn't end up using the kitchen facilities, but it seemed to have everything required.

The bathroom was a bit tired, but functional. The washing machine and dryer were fabulously convenient.

The service was average.

The location was its biggest selling point. A short five minute stroll across a courtyard and you're at the convention centre! It can't be any easier than that.

Price wise, it was not cheap, but for the convenience of being able to go home and have a sleep, it was worth it!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew H
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for your review of recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I have noted your comments in regard to our bathrooms; I have noted this for future improvement works.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.