“Great curry in OK surroundings”
Review of Grill and Chill - CLOSED

Grill and Chill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Download our Official App on your Smartphone (Android & iOS) and you can Book a Table, Order food and do many more things.
Reviewed July 24, 2018

I must admit when you walk in to the restaurant you think the decor is sparse however the service and curry makes up for this

A delightful gentleman greeted us and the service was great

We had the chicken korma and lamb sag wit pilau Ric and have to say both were excellent

Curry is all about consistency of the sauce and this place is spot on both curries were excellent

The pills rice was really good. As well
I love curries and call myself a self confessed ambassador and can say this is the second best curry I have had in Australia

My overall rating would have been superb if not for the decor which just needs more given the size of the restaurant

Thank you for a mouth watering experience

I will be back

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank tonybeaven

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Cosy atmosphere. Great service. Food was delicious. We ordered mild versions as we had the kids with us and they had no issue with the spices. Chicken naan and spinach/cheese naan were also winners with the kids.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The first time I went to this restaurant I didn't like it. I went with my partner and both ordered mild dishes but it was really spicy and we could not eat everything. After a few months I came back with some friends and I loved it. It was not as spicy as the first time. It was perfect! Since there it was my favorite Indian restaurant, I eat very frequent there or have delivery. But the last 3 times I had dinnethere the quality of chicken was really bad, I thought it was just that time so I decide to give it 2 more opportunities But the quality of the chicken is still quite bad. It is really a shame, I don't think I am going to eat there again soon. I will wait a while and hope they are going to improve the quality again. The service is always good.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018

We love Indian and this place certainly ticked our tastebuds with taste and service ..
It wasn’t busy, which can often put people off but the reviews had been positive so we still went in. Lovely gentle friendly staff and attentive service. Food was fast and full of flavour.. I would go there again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Don't know where to start in describing how nice the food was a Grill and Chill. The wife and I visited this quiet East Perth restaurant on a Friday night. Situated in a refurbished house in Bennett Street, the staff provided friendly and efficient service in what appears to be a traditional family owned business. The plain, but comfortable, decor almost doesn't do justice to the food to follow.
Onion Bhaji as a starter was well presented and served with a spicy dipping sauce. For main meals we shared Butter Chicken and Lamb Rogan Josh. Both dishes were full of flavour with a thick, authentic consistency. These were two of the tastiest curries I've enjoyed in a long time and most importantly they were served mild, in accordance with the requirements of the better half.
The highlight for me was the Goat Biryani, which I (alone) devoured. Served hot in accordance with my masochistic requirements, this dish was a masterpiece, with a rare balance of heat and flavour. A gem.
The restaurant has a small but serviceable wine list and pricing for both food and drink are very reasonable. That said, I would happily pay a pretty price to smash that Biryani again!

Date of visit: April 2018