“Day trips”
Review of Adventure Rottnest

Adventure Rottnest
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Rotto is a good day out particularly if you are energetic enough to hire a bike. Its a beach experience with numerous small save bays to a swim. Don't forget the sun screen.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

its 40 min ferry ride from frementle...its a very beautiful island, if you want to cover all the area in that island.its recommended to stay a night there.This is my second time I went there. The first time was during my university time. its recommended to take their cruise trip, its nice that can see the sea lion around but this can only being seen by taking cruise... if not, there is nothing much you can do if you just plan to walk around the island..

2  Thank shinny81
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I will look forward to a third visit. Lots to do, walks, bike rides, plane rides, swims. So much history , all very interesting.
The only thing I did not like was the lack of customer service in the visitor information centre. They were there but not interested in their work. The volunteers on the other hand were were enthusiastic and enthralled us with their knowledge of the island.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Rottnest Island is 18km off the shore of Western Australia. The easiest way to get there is via the Rottnest Express (http://www.rottnestexpress.com.au). Once on the island, there are no cars. Thus, you either need to walk or rent a bike. My colleague and I rented bikes and spent the first three hours cycling around the island. Be sure you wear your provided bike helmet. The police can fine you $50 AUD for not wearing it. The beautiful beaches are breathtaking and most are vacant. It’s very easy to cycle to a part of the island where you can have your own beach. I would recommend that you pack your lunch and drink ahead of time if you want to eat on the beaches. We ate at one of the island’s restaurants, which was also very good. Food and spirits are readily available for the day traveler. In addition, there are a few shops where souvenirs can be purchased. The sun is intense on the island during summer, so be sure to pack sunblock and other items to keep you comfortable. Overall, it was a great day!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked the ferry to Rottnest Island on the internet before I left for my holiday and selected the option to depart from Barrack Street, however when I arrived I was advised the ferry did not leave from Barrack Street, instead we had to take a coach to Fremantle which cost me an extra $16, if I had known I would have taken the train for half the price.
The coach ride was terrible, the advertising on the outside of the bus meant that you couldn't see out of the windows, the tour director was trying to give a history of Perth and a description of the areas we were passing but couldn't be heard through the poor speaker system and the air conditioning didn't seem to work so it was a very stuffy ride.
When we got to the island there was no marking for bike tracks which often meant I rode down residential streets before I could find where I was supposed to be going. As it was a cold day I decided not to go into the water and just to ride my bike around instead, this only took a few hours so I spent the rest of the day bored waiting for the ferry to take me back.

1  Thank Geraldine d