“Awesome place, great service”

The Cabin Small Bar
Ranked #218 of 1,413 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've been here twice now, I love the decor, it's really cool and really feels like your in a log cabin in the American highlands. The staff have been very helpful and attentive both visits, and the food is really nice. The meals are small though - tapas style - and they're not cheap, but I thought it was yummy. I really like The Cabin, especially sitting out on the terrace on a balmy evening, watching the world go by as the sun goes down.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I do love this place however I've had a couple of occasions where I've been extremely disappointed with the food. They overprice the food and offer very little excuse for the size of the portions. Not only is it small some of the food does not have the wow factor for the price it's given. I came with family from overseas last night hoping for a pleasant experience. We asked for a few 'small' dishes which were ok, they wouldn't fill a void (don't come here hungry!) Then thought we might try the cheese.. There were four of us and for 14 dollars each for a cheese, I thought that 2 cheeses would be enough to share between us. How wrong we were. The small wooden paddle came out with the cheddar that wouldn't fit a slice of bread, and the French cheese that you could pop into your mouth in one go. To add to the insult we got 2 small slices of fruit bread to share btw 4 of us and 5 tiny crackers. No seeing the logic of it I asked if we could get a couple more slices of bread. Not a big ask in my opinion, but the waitress had to go and ask the chef if this was ok and then told us that we would be charged an extra 4 dollars. After couple of disappointments I will not be having the food here again, especially if you don't want to part with your hard earned cash for such minuscule amount of food.

1  Thank Niamh O
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We're into small bars and hadn't tried this one, so went at around 9.30pm on Friday night for a night cap after eating dinner elsewhere.

Can't speak for the food, as we only had wine and were really disappointed with both the wine and service. The staff seemed more into clearing tables and ignoring patrons. The wine list was extensive, but nothing special.... I would have preferred a small wine list with good quality wines available.

Up side ... looked like a great place to meet friends as a group and perhaps have tapas.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

One of our favourite places to dine. Great ambience complimented with great staff and service that make the food better than it already is. Fantastic neighbour hood dining that is always striving to excel with a dynamic and flavoursome menu.
The only niggle would be that the pricing for this level is just starting to price itself way up there and should be careful not to push the envelope too much as is the case in Perth sometimes as this will scare off the many regular patrons calling this gem their favourite Perth dining experience.
Great owner who always in sociable and isn't afraid to get amongst it. Go, you won't be disappointed.

Also they have STOPPED serving breakfast which is a real shame as it was the BEST place in Perth to go. Maybe they will start again if I get a petition going :)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've been to the Cabin Small Bar about 4 or 5 times and each time I've loved it.

The food is just a little bit left of the middle and the service in impeccable. I've gone in for a quiet lunch and with a large group when the place has been packed and the quality has been the same the whole time.. excellent

1  Thank petermclean25