“Delicious dinner”

Firewater Grille
Ranked #108 of 1,398 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on the Lobby Level of the 5 star Duxton Hotel Perth, Firewater Grille is an elegant and stylish addition, not only to the hotel, but to Perth's restaurant scene for everyone to enjoy. Open every day for Breakfast, Lunch, High Tea or Dinner. The concept for Firewater Grille is for patrons to enjoy an interactive dining experience, with decor designed to create a unique ambience that differs for each meal service. Within the restaurant is a stunning "retro style" cocktail bar where you can enjoy a pre-dinner drink before being seated at your table, or simply enjoy something tasty from our Tapas Menu.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Excellent restaurant - the service was first class, the food divine. Would highly recommend this restaurant to those visiting Perth

BruceDoig, General Manager at Firewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear 1CG1,

I appreciate your review and thrilled that your experience at Firewater Grille was excellent. I will ensure that the Firewater Grille team recieves the commendation that they deserve.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Firewater Grille

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family visited the Firewater Grille located at the ground floor Lobby of the Duxton Hotel at 1 St. George Terrace for dinner in Dec 2013.

Firewater Grille is a medium size restaurant and we were impressed the moment we stepped into the restaurant as it has nice layout and décor cum a very comforting ambience. The staff at the Firewater Grille was very courteous and friendly and the service standard is commendable. We have an 18 month old baby with us and the Steward who shown us to the table, brought us a baby chair and assisted in placing and securing the baby on the chair before fixing up the tray for the baby.

We ordered a Salmon, Cod, T Bone Steak, Scotch Fillet Steak, Risotto and some side dishes. The food was served in pretty good time and it was delicious. Our dining experience at the Firewater Grille was pleasant as we had a good meal plus great hospitality. Definitely worth a visit when you are in Perth.

BruceDoig, General Manager at Firewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear TonyTay8,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Firewater Grille. I am so glad that our team looked after you in such a professional manner.
I appreciate your wonderful comments and that your experience was very special. We are all very proud of our restaurant and how the public has embrassed the whole concept especially the service and the quality of food.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went to the evening sitting and had a pretty satisfying all round experience. The cold seafood was delicious. (Note, keep the oysters on ice... you shouldn't have to fish them out of an icewater melt!). The roasts were good too and we were just about able to squeeze in a dessert. Service was friendly. The atmosphere could have benefited ftom some background music, which did start eventually. One disappointing aspect was at the start of the evening when we wanted cocktails pre dinner at the lobby bar. We were told we could not as we were not house guests. Only when I queried this with the manager was I advised that this was due to antiquated licensing laws. Fair enough but just politely explain that it's a legal issue at the outset... visitors to Oz won't know this. All up though a really good evening.

Dear TimSGHKSG,

Thank you for your review and apppreciate your comments pertaining to the licensing laws. I was pleased to read that your experience at The Firewater Grille was enjoyable.

Happy New Year

Regards

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Firstly we were greeted in your bar area hoping to start a nice evening by having cocktails, to be told basically not to bother ordering those as there would be at least a twenty minute wait, not quite the start we wanted. After moving through to the restaurant we were greeted by a friendly man called Ronnie who i believe is the restaurant manager, who seated us in nice and pleasant surroundings. The menu certainly looked appealing and were looking forward to good things.

I must say we did have excellent entrees and they arrived in a timely manner, sadly that's where our nice dining experience stopped. The following are some of our comments that we addressed with the General Manager:
The service for evening was very slow, tardy, inattentive and lack lustre.
Wine and food was served in a very inattentive way and wine was frequently empty with our guests having to get up on several occasions to get the attention of staff to order more. After ordering, drink orders took 15 - 20 minutes and staff had to be asked what the delay was.
The rabbit dish which a few of us had was full of flavour but extremely disappointing in that we spent most of the time picking through a myriad of small bones. I would strongly suggest that you try the dish and see if you find it an enjoyable eating experience in the way it was served and presented.
Deserts were ordered and took nearly 40 minutes to arrive in what was certainly not a busy environment, hence we were somewhat over the offerings of the Duxton and its staff at this point.
No mint available for Mojito cocktails, hence not ordered
The beer was flat and lacked life

Fortunately the wine (when available and on the table) and company were excellent and our evening was still an enjoyable one, however paying nearly $1000 for such a disappointing experience is not what i expect from your organisation and although we did inform Ronnie of this, there did not seem to be any seriousness taken to our comments and certainly no review of our bill.

I look forward to your comments and hope you take time to run through these issues with your staff

We had the following response from the GM- token gesture really.

Dear Mr. Gilbert,

Thank you very much of advising me of your experience at The Firewater Grille on the 7th December. I have conducted a personal investigation of the course of events surrounding the problems you and your party have experienced. Our reputation and usual standards within the Grille are very high and reputable. First may I apologise for the inconsistencies with service and I have addressed all your points with the appropriate managers to rectify the problems and ensure that the issues are immediately rectified.
I personal ensure that all feedback is addressed in a positive manner and the issues are made aware to the team as a whole.

I do hope that we are able to be of service in the future and I would be happy to personally oversee your reservation and guarantee that your experience will be our usual high standard as many of our guests experience.
Sincerely
Bruce Doig

As originally stated, we certainly will not be rushing back to spend that sort of money again when there are so many fabulous fine dining restaurants in Perth that we frequent. Hence would not recommend this place either.

1  Thank MikeGMindarie

Dear 1GC1,

Dear Mr. Gilbert,

Sincerely
Bruce Doig

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Dined with 2 work friends last Friday evening. We did expect a great meal and we were not dissapointed.
Can highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal.
Next time will be a special meal with my lovely wife.

BruceDoig, General Manager at Firewater Grille, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear redvers1964,

Thank you for selecting the Firewater Grille for your special dinner. I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations.

We look forward to return in 2014