“Taste of Western Australia”

Adams Pinnacle Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$116.57*
and up
Full Day Pinnacle Desert Explorer from Perth...
Ranked #15 of 99 Outdoor Activities in Perth
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome Discover the beauty of Western Australia with ADAMS Pinnacle Tours. We have over 30 years experience in the industry. Take advantage of our local knowledge and travel in comfort and style. Experience ancient landscapes, unique wildlife, picture perfect coastlines and towns steeped in history. We look forward to showing you the ‘must see’ highlights and revealing little known gems that make this state such a popular destination. ADAMS Pinnacle Tours is part of the ADAMS Group and together with ADAMS, provides Australia’s most advanced operational support and Australia’s most technologically advanced control centre. Why Choose a Tour Sit back, relax and let someone else do the driving for you. Australia is a vast continent with some tough terrain, driving distances can involve up to 950 kilometres a day. With this in mind, it is best to let an experienced driver guide take you to some of the country’s most beautiful places. On tour you can also enjoy informative commentary about the places you visit and delve into the history and culture of the places you explore.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friends and I went on the Full Day Pinnacles, Koalas and Sand Boarding 4WD Adventure. It was so much fun. Starting out at Caversham Wildlife Park where we got to meet kangaroos and koalas, next a pretty drive to the ocean to the The Lobster Shack, the processing plant is not too exciting, but I recommend getting the optional lobster lunch. It was so fresh and delicious, it is worth the extra $$, and the drive there.

The actual pinnacles rock formations were interesting and a great place to take pictures. Lastly the 4WD over the sand dunes was a lot of fun, and for the more adventurous optional sand boarding. This was another place for some cool pictures.

We had a lot of fun and felt it was a nice mix of interesting things to do in the Perth area. It was laid back and relaxing. Our guide was pleasant and pointed out interesting things along the way and shared some history of the area too. I would recommend it.

All reviews
"dirt road"
"beer tasting"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in town for a conference and wanted to see more than the city, so signed up for this day long tour. We definitely covered a lot of ground- I think about 550km in total. The four components were all quite interesting and for me the highlight was the lobster tour in Cervantes, followed by the Pinnacles, which are definitely a sight to see. One shortcoming- I am used to walking tours, and did not realize just how much time would be spent on a bus, with only shorter periods given to walking around the various sites. In retrospect, it makes sense given how much distance we drove, but I got a bit tired at the end of all the driving. Not sure how to improve- maybe just highlight to people how much time is spent in bus/compared to outside and walking around.

One great thing that was unexpected- I was staying in Fremantle and was told I had to meet the tour at the Visitor Centre in Perth. It was a pricy cab trip, but I was happy to do so. On the way back, the driver taking people back to local hotels volunteered to return me to my hotel in Freo- and we had a great chat during the trip. Thank you for that!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

ok, i guess i have very high expectations and none of it was met... i get to see the places... i get to hear some explanations from the tourguide/bus driver.. but i dont see the enthusiasm or the reason why i should take the tour in the first place... its like riding a schoolbus and being told what the buildings are for.... a bit confusing dats all

Chad D, General Manager at Adams Pinnacle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed in our services and tour. We have only been given many praises for our tours after 35 years of running. Our coaches are 5 star with full luxury as you have seen 50% more leg room , reclining seats, toilets and air conditioning on board. Our city Sights tour is a half day tour which feedback asks that we showcase the history of the city with iconic locations such as Kings Park, Cottesloe beach and Fremantle also to have the opportunity for a river cruise back to the CBD.

I will endeavor to build this tour and hope that we can try and entice you back to again travel with our reputable company. I am sorry once again and hope that Western Australia did not give you a bad impression from a half day city tour.

Please let us know if you are out this way again and we will endeavor to satisfy you with our professionalism award winning company.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went for a day trip with them from Perth to Pinnacles. Friendly staff, and quite good commentary while on drive.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked with Grayline tours in Perth. They were an excellent company to deal with. We went on the Pinnacle tour with 4 wheel drive option. ( there was an alternative visiting a monastery). We had an excellent day, starting with a visit to Caversham wild life park where we were able to stroke koala bears and hand feed kangaroos! Then we went on to Cervantes, where we had a fascinating tour of the lobster shack, a huge lobster catching/ selling organisation. An excellent light lunch was provided by the tour company, we then went on to the Pinnacles to see the amazing rock structures in the desert area. Finally our 4 wheel drive bus (an MAN lorry conversion!) took us on a thrilling drive over the huge expanse of sand dunes. Followed by sand-boarding down the dunes!
Overall this was a long (8am to 7.45pm), but very well planned day. There were several 'comfort stops' and the coach seating was extremely comfortable. Our driver Keith gave us lots of information and commentary throughout the day, which filled a long journey of probably the best part of 300 miles, much of it on die-straight roads, often in scrubland and for several kilometres on an unsurfaced road.
If you want an interesting and exciting day this is the tour to take!

2  Thank Flower_golf