“Excellent value for money”
Review of Red Opium

Red Opium
Ranked #24 of 1,499 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Having read reviews on trip adviser went with my family on a Sunday night we shared the spring rolls the wagu beef and prawns for entree which were excellent for mains we had magasun beef cheek duck and stir Fried beef all fantastic service was good especially from the owner the young girl however although friendly lacked communication skills but sorted out by the owner
Definitely worth a visit and found it good value for money for the quality

1  Thank Robert M

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to visit Red Opium the last few times I've flown down from Darwin, and I finally did tonight. I wish I had tried it sooner! The restaurant has a lovely ambience being below ground and the owners have done a lovely job with the decor and lighting. Penny the owner is very friendly and informative, and her and a waitress provided great service for just the two of them with the restaurant 3/4 full at one stage. The food was amazing, I really wish I could've ordered everything off the menu. Some reviews mention it's overpriced but I disagree. You get what you pay for and what you get is fresh quality ingredients with delightful combinations of flavours. Massaman Beef Curry was a hit with us as well as the Sumo-Thai Ceviche, Yin & Yang Dips, Satay Trio, and the Assorted Spring Rolls which were surprisingly filling. Coming from Darwin where there are quite a few different Asian restaurants, this by far is the best one I've been to. I will certainly be making sure I visit Red Opium every time I fly down from Darwin now (even though my actual destination is 2 hours drive away!). Just a tip, there is no alcohol on the menu but you can take your own. Enjoy!

1  Thank Ladybug0208
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was a little disappointed by this restaurant after reading all the excellent reviews on trip advisor. The food was good but not outstanding considering the high prices the restaurant charged, even for Perth. We had 4 tapas and a duck salad and the ingredients were good but Au$25 for a duck salad that came on a small plate is a bit much. The service was excellent and we were greeted warmly by the owner.

1  Thank Woodstocky
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Great Atmosphere.....very welcoming....food to die for absolute heaven on a plate. This Resturant is a must for any Thai food lover.

1  Thank STEELMOUSE28
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Thank you Siri for finding this place, even though your directions were not correct. What a charming place. Fantastic service awesome meals. jungle cutlets fantastic , Masaman Beef cheeks brilliant, jasmine rice perfect. Waitress stunningly good.
Nothing more to say, just go and enjoy.