“Incredible food from this new addition to East Perth dining”
Review of Red Opium

Red Opium
Ranked #23 of 1,485 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The food here is top notch. The only reason I gave them a 4 out of 5 was that the service was a little slow. I'm guessing they weren't quite prepared for a Sunday before a public holiday so we'll definitely be heading back to try again. Try the $40 set menu to get a good variety of dishes-scrummy!

1  Thank Joel C

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Was a very good dining experience especially with the unique deco and ambient that really suits its name "Red Opium". Food was really Yummy. We had Red Opium shooter, Yin & Yang Dips and HOT Diced chicken salad as entrée (Note for everyone, if were asked "how Hot do you prefer', unless u can take very spicy food, otherwise, just get the mild or medium level). Not to forget the grilled king prawn, cant get enough of that. My partner had the Yum Wagyu which he said was really GOOD too... Overall, worth a second visit to try the other dishes.

1  Thank mushimushroom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Came with a large group for dinner and they organized a really enjoyable banquet style set menu that everybody loved. Staff where super friendly and accommodating. It is so good to finally have a Thai restaurant, especially one so authentic in the city. We will definitely go again soon. Favourites were the Wagu entree, red duck curry and Massaman Beef.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Absolutely delicious! I have been here twice now and it just gets better as you try more of the dishes. The mixed entree is a cheap way to sample a few yummies if you arent sure about any of the dishes. With it you get a potato wrapped prawn - so good!, spring rolls, a crumbed crab claw - soooo delicious, a chicken bite wrapped in a pandan leaf (you dont eat the leaf haha ask my dinner companion) and a little salsa dipping sauce that is very yummy. Ill order this every time because you cant go wrong! For mains the most amazing dish is the masaman curry with beef cheeks. The beef is so tender and just breaks apart with a spoon. The soft potato in the most delicious peanut satay sauce make this the best masaman i have ever had (and i used to work in an authentic thai restaurant). The pad thai with prawns was very good also and the only problem is wanting morr prawns. The serving sizes are quite small so its a good idea to order lots. With three ladies we got 4 entrees and 2 mains which was adequate to share. If you are a big eater i would suggest 2 entrees and a main per person. If you want to go on a weekend night you will need to book atleast a week in advance and hope its not booker out. Last but definitely not least, the service and staff are amazing! Cant fault them at all. They check up on you and there is perfect timing with taking your order, getting your entree and then your mains. Absolutely love Penny the owner and her sister (cant think of her name), they will chat with you for hours if you want them too! Overall, LOVE IT! Just go and try it because you wont be sorry!

2  Thank Jasmincatwoman
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I love this place, come here often so it was only natural that I had my Birthday dinner here. I had my Birthday on Friday May 17th, Penny and her team went above and beyond. She had organised a special set menu which was superb. Some of my friends that had never been to the restaurant were very impressed with the ambience and the quality of food. For all the oyster lovers try the Red Opium shooters and my other fave dish is the F Duck. Hmmm I'm getting hungry just thinking about it lol. So to cut a long story short I love this place and I take all my family and friends here. All have been impressed with food, service and decor. To top it all off the pricing is good and it's BYO!

3  Thank RiRi_808