“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing modern breakfast food. The baked egg is my favourite savoury & the chocolate chip banana bread with whipped cream & maple syrup for sweet. I can't understand why people write a great review about the place & give it only 3 stars!(that's one better than poor)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Second time to this sister cafe and enjoyed a late lunch. Previous visit was for breakfast. Have found it reliable and good service. The chorizo, fetta and bread selection was easily shared between 2 and the pumpkin on ciabatta was tasty and again quite easy for sharing. Kudos for the lemon, lime and bitters. A good balance of the mix without ah overpowering of the bitters. If you want reliability in Northbridge check out Sayers Sister.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Such an inviting little cafe. Really lovely atmosphere. The food, however, was a little disappointing. Went for lunch and had the gnocchi which was under cooked and under whelming. Would like to try breakfast sometime.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I visited Sayers Sister yesterday (Sunday) with my partner after hearing so many good reviews. Visiting at peak hour on a Sunday, we were asked to wait for a table to become available - which we were more than happy to do, having being told it was worth the wait. We stood in the foyer for around fifteen minutes, and a waitress cut up a muffin and gave it to us, along with other waiting customers, which was a really nice gesture. Finally, some space became free on the centre table, which is a sort of high, long, communal table. The table was laid with jars of interesting sweets and lollies, flowers, and odd trinkets, which were a cute touch.

After pondering the menu, my partner approached the counter to place our order. Unfortunately, the Eftpos machine was not working, so he was advised to withdraw cash from the ATM machine conveniently placed by the cashiers. At a charge of $3.50, he was a little irritated, but proceeded to place our order. We had noticed that the customers around us were given a table number upon ordering (actually, letters from A-Z were given out), so when he placed his order he asked if he needed one. The waitress said no, because she knew where we were sitting. Shortly after, one of the waiters appeared wandering around with two coffees looking a little lost. We asked him if they might be our mugs of cappuccino. They were indeed, but he was confused about why the girl at the counter hadn't given us one, so he went off and retrieved one. The coffee was really good, and I drank mine pretty quickly (I had worked up a thirst queuing at the door!) Shortly after, our food arrived.

We both ordered poached eggs on ciabbata, with bacon and hollandaise - and I also got the mushrooms. The eggs were poached perfectly, with soft yolk oozing out onto the crunchy ciabbata, and mixing beautifully with the buttery hollandaise and crisp bacon. The mushrooms were served in a balsamic and pesto sauce which was devine! I can't fault the food or drink, and it was reasonably priced, but I would have preferred to have been seated at a different table, as it was SO overcrowded at the big centre one. I couldn't lift my arms to eat properly with my cutlery as I was pressed up against the lady next to me. It was a little bit too cozy for my liking!

The restaurant was really sweet and nicely decorated, and I would definitely return and try some different dishes on the menu, but I would advise going during the week, and NOT peak hour at the weekend, when they try and cram as many people in as possible.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed a scrumptious Friday lunch on an unusually wet day in Perth. This quirky and busy cafe doesn't take bookings, so waited at the communal table for a while until a smaller table was free. Love the decor and batwing chairs with their rich patterns, and generous cushions scattered around. The menu is inviting with breakfast offered until 230pm, but we chose the steak sandwich and a pumpkin, fennel, zucchini grill on crunchy ciabatta. The meals were divine, great flavour combinations, and swapping a garnish to accommodate personal tastes was no trouble. Great friendly service, we will definitely return...