“Good bones but poor management and service”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Perth
adelaide
“Good bones but poor management and service”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This Hotel is well presented on first impression but unfortunately let's itself down by providing the most unsatisfactory service whilst charging ridiculous prices.
$80 for a trundle bed which has holes in the mattress and was rectified by housekeeping wrapping it in a quilt. Really ?
$30 a day for car parking .
Over a 4 night stay my sheets weren't changed once and in fact on arrival there was a dirty pillow on the bed which despite writing a note for housekeeping kept appearing on my bed . Yuk
Room service never answer the phone and the standard of leaning was very below par.
Disappointing and definitely not worth the prices they are charging.

2 Thank jshAdelaide
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear jshAdelaide,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your satisfaction and for that I personally apologize. I would like the chance to speak to you direct on 08 9261 0011 so I can investigate further.

Mariusz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Shocking service. Overall cleanliness below par. Rang housekeeping and room service several times and phone would ring out. Nice rooms, you pretty much have to clean them yourself as the cleaning service was shocking.

5 Thank s_n729
Dear s_n729,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay, I am sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues that arose during your stay. I would like the chance to speak to you direct on 08 9261 0011 so I can investigate this further.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed in the Premier Executive suite. Absolutely stunning. Only complaint is that the staff are a little arrogant... Went out for about three hours. Our cards we're deactivate because they "deactivate after five hours". I can appreciate that if you lost them somehow but when my husband went to correct this they judged him on his attire of shirt and shorts.. "What is your room number?" "1808" "that's the Premier Executive level" "yes" "What is your surname?" **** "and your birth date?" ***** "would this be easier if I showed you my ID?" "Yes.." Showed his ID "oh, sorry sir..."

If they had just asked for that in the first place........?! No need to be rude and condescending!

Otherwise, we are very happy with the residence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ThaWifey
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear ThaWifey,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, however it is disappointing to hear that you found our staff a little arrogant. This is certainly not acceptable and I shall be working with our front office team to ensure that our service levels get better. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Fraser Suites in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Fraser Suites Perth, this Hotel has everything going for it. Great staff, terrific rooms with fabulous water view. We arrived very late at night, we were quickly booked in, bags taken to our room asked if we needed any to eat or drink all with a lovely attitude and smile. This great service was followed through our total stay. The free bus into Perth Centre stopping over the road was also great.

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor ask for a water view.
Dear Edna H,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Fraser Suites Perth. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall be passing this positive feedback with the rest of the team.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

From the country, interstate and overseas, our group included family (bride) and friends. Reservations made more than 6 months prior included requests for adjoining rooms, people to be on the same floor etc, add in a change of Manager at Fraser's - and no hitches -everything went to plan! Although no promise of early check-ins, they were available at the time. A couple of minor hiccups were sorted and dealt with immediately. Staff initiated a change of room for a maintenance issue without a complaint from the occupant. Parking was close, undercover and plentiful. Could not find fault. Hopefully they maintain this standard of service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear wynandtony,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your found our service levels were of a high level. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Melbourne
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My last review of Fraser Suites was in March 2013. It was newly opened and while the rooms were impressive the site lacked some basic hotel amenities, like room service beyond 9.30pm, valet parking, and an in-room minibar.

After my most recent stay I'm pleased to see at least two of the three have been corrected. There's now a (basic) minibar and 24hr room service. However the room service menu needs some work. Overall prices are very high, there are only 4 items available after 10.30pm and none of them are under $20. I had a very simple fried rice which I doubt was freshly cooked and it cost me $24. Add to that the $5 tray charge and that's a lot for a reheated dish. The hotel needs to offer simpler, cheaper hotel fare at that time of night like club and toasted sandwiches, potato wedges, soup and other lighter snacks. And it needs to decide which is more appropriate - more expensive prices for room service than for the same dish in the restaurant, or a tray charge. At the moment it charges both, and that's not appropriate.

The indoor pool was pleasant to swim in. There are three sliding doors in the pool area that open up to a long sunny deck and would vastly improve the amenity of the area, however at noon on a lovely warm Perth day two of the three doors were locked, so it all felt very enclosed and fairly uninviting.

On the plus side I arrived very early on check-in day and the staff were able to secure me a room within an hour.

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartments with balconies and views are a cut above the studio rooms.
Dear AFLtraveller,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our late night room service menu and I shall be passing this feedback on to our kitchen team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Fraser Suites upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Ok so this is a mixed bag review!
On requesting a room with a view we were upgraded for a 1 night stay, as we had plans that night we spent hardly any time at the hotel, the next day we thought we would stay on for another night as the room was beautiful! So I called reception, this is where things took a turn, the staff ( who all are quite difficult to communicate with) were so unhelpful and rude about extending our stay we packed and left. They could of had paying customers for another night!
Very disappointing.
Also the pool area is very average.
Great hotel lacking service.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Kiwiinauz,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear when we have failed to meet guest expectations and for this I personally apologize. This is unacceptable and I shall be working with our front office team to ensure that we get better in terms of our service skills. I hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Perth in the not too distant future.