“Bad Customer Experience”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was really excited to stay at your deluxe hotel on the 7th January for my boyfriends surprise Christmas gift but you guys never took the money out of my bank ...account when I ordered online. I called up the Fraser hotel (Perth) a couple of days before Christmas and a young girl on the phone told me not to worry and that she will make sure my bank details are attached and I made it clear on the phone that I will not make it to the hotel unless the payment has already been taken out of my account, she told me the payment should come out very shortly in the next couple of days. So after about 2 weeks that I set up the hotel room, no payments came out of my account so I thought something was wrong. I decided to just leave it because the payment never came out and I thought I wasn’t able to get the room on the 7th January. It is now the 11thof January and I have checked my bank account today and it states that Fraser’s hotel has taken approx $160 out of my account on the 10th January. Not only did I not check in, I specifically said on the telephone that I want to see that money out of my account before the 7th January or I won’t be there. I have called up Fraser’s hotel and I talked to a manager on the phone today, I didn’t catch her name but she sounded like a young Asian lady, she said she was the manager. She then told me she could not give me a refund because I did not make a cancellation over the phone. However, I did tell her what I told the other lady over the phone before Christmas - that if the payment won’t come out of my account, I will not be there. I find this very unfair. I’m 20 years old and struggling with money problems so $160 is a lot of money to me and seeing as your staff member told me the wrong information over the phone, I don’t find that it is my fault. I’m not blaming anyone for this, but I think it should be fair that I receive a refund. I even asked the lady on the phone today that if she couldn’t give me a refund, I would be happy with a cheap spare room that they might have instead, she also said no. I’m not happy about this at all and I’m hoping someone can help me through this issue. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Rhian C
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Rhian C,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with us. I believe there has been a miscommunication about the method you have used to make your booking with us. Your booking was made through our Frasers Website and we do not take pre-payment for these reservations unlike other on-line booking channels.

I would like the chance to speak to you further in regards to your experience and I offer you my direct number of 08 9261 0011 so we can speak.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite, very nice, clean and spacious. It was bigger than other one bedroom apartments we have lived in. Reception staff very polite, parking is $30 per night but if out all day you can park in nearby parking bays for free after 6pm. We didn't eat in hotel so I can't comment on this aspect. Our room had views to the north over looking the WACA and gardens below. Bathroom and shower very well equiped and modern. Would deffinately recommend to others that are happy to stay on the edge of the city and are happy catching the free CAT bus a couple of streets away to get into the middle of the CBD.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear OSJack,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here in late November 2013 whilst in Perth. Great location close to the city centre and right by the WACA cricket ground. Great views across the Swann. we had a self catering apartment / suite. Good kitchen, very classy decor & really well equipped. Squeaky clean & spacious. Customer service was excellent at front desk. we didn't use any of the other hotel facilities. Good parking in basement car park. Booked via Booking .com & value for money was excellent. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor facing the river - stunning views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Debseleven,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I shall pass on the positive feedback with the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in this hotel three times in December 2013 for a total of about 10 days.
First time was a room - adequate but smallish. Clean and well maintained. Second time we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite - perfect - fantastic views comfortable bed (!!) and spacious apartment. Third time upgraded to a one bedroom suite, but it was a disabled suite - this was fine except no TV in bedroom. The only complaint we have about this hotel is the terrible water pressure in the showers and the cleaning staff were hit and miss about replacement of teabags, shower gel etc Will definitely stay again. Adeline on the check-in desk was charming and very helpful.

Room Tip: River view rooms great - but good views on all sides.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pembyisme,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your three stays with us back in December. I am pleased that overall that you enjoyed your stays with us and found the service provided by our front desk team to be to your expectations. I shall however pass on your feedback about the water pressure and servicing of your room to our Engineering and Housekeeping team.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights on a wotif deal and were upgraded from a studio apartment to a 1 bedroom apartment on the corner of the top floor with panoramic views from the WACA out of the kitchen window and from the causeway around to the narrows bridge from the living and bedroom. We woke on the first morning to see dolphins fishing in the river. The kitchen, laundry, bathroom were all fantastic and we enjoyed the in-house free movies and free wifi. The bed and furnishings were luxurious and the rooms spacious. Our deal included buffet breakfast and was great value considering the wonderful room we had. Very convenient to the city just take the free buses or it's a nice walk along the river into town. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear daisyrose36,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. The views are very good and to see dolphins in the river is very special! I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in a Deluxe 1 Bedroom Apartment overlooking the river last New Years eve.
Apartment was great - large.
We prepared food (room service was not available) and had some problems with the cooktop but the staff were helpful (speedy too).
Bed was super comfortable.
Breakfast was pretty run of the mill.
Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear AustMat,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. When you stayed with us our restaurant was not completely operational and this is why room service was not available. We do get a lot of positive feedback about the quality of our beds and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent a week at the Fraser Suites over Christmas. Our room on the tenth floor was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly although we didn't ask much of them. It would have been possible to cook modest meals in the kitchenette although, given the excellent restaurant scene in Perth we ate out most of the time. Garaging was convenient and we never had a problem finding a space. WiFi was free and fast enough to watch streaming TV with only a few buffering holdups. The shopping centre is about 15 minutes away on foot but there is an excellent free bus service right outside the door. We will stay there again on our next visit to Perth.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear NoosaTraveller,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. I do look forward to welcoming you back upon your return visit to Perth.