“Poor start but great accommodation”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Perth
singapore
“Poor start but great accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I travel to Perth often and my December trip was different in that I stayed four nights each in a different hotel, ie Kings Perth, Somerset St George's, Frasers Suites, Mount Clare Boutique Apartments, in that order, booking them on special rates offer on travel portals.
Frasers felt the most luxurious and has nice gym and indoor pool facilities. The suite was nice and spacious enough though Somerset's was newly renovated and larger. Its location is not ideal unlike Somerset's which is near enough to walk to restaurants area.
However, the experience was marred by disappointing checking experience. I rang to ask if I could check in a little earlier than stated and the answer was yes. Upon arrival, the gentleman at the reception said otherwise and only after a colleague interceded was my room key given. While these slip ups do happen, my unhappiness was more with the way it was handled. Not only was there no apologetic tone, the entire process was handled with little eye contact and normal courtesies one would expect from such a quality hotel. perhaps it was because I was dressed in casual Bermudas and was paying discounted rate as I noted later that a group of executives arriving in suits were greeted with more enthusiasm. My checkout experience however was good enough and I attribute it to perhaps a bad day for the young front desk staff on a Sunday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank angg88
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear angg88,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that you first experience was not to your expectations and I shall be passing your feedback to our front office team to ensure that we meeting our guest expectations in terms of customer service. I am glad you enjoyed the accommodation and I hope that we can accommodate your again in the future.

Mariusz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I took the corner two bedroom apartments which is made out of two rooms essentially. The rooms are comfortable and of good size. I stayed at four points Sheraton at the end of the holiday and for the same price I paid for a Deluxe King Suite there, Frasers probably is better value for money in terms of comfort and luxury.

A little far from Murray Street where all the shopping is, Fraser is still very good location and if you get a view of the river, its a very pretty view to wake up to or a quick 5 minute walk to the river edge for a run.

Folks with families should definitely consider this property. There are convenient shops just up the road so you can get simple amenities if you need any.

The only issue I have with the place with the lack of warmth when it comes to service. When competitive is stiff, its always nice to have service with a smile. I know it was Christmas and you had to work but still?

Nevertheless, I would still come back because of room quality and location.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the river. Higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank purple_dots
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear purple_dots,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, however I am disappointed to hear that you felt the service provided was not to your expectations. I have passed your feedback on to our operations team to ensure that all staff display and deliver the necessary service standards our guests expect.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The England Cricket Team stayed here before the Second Test in Perth and it's very smart and modern in a good location for seeing the city.

There is a top floor swimming pool and terrace and very nice ground floor bar and restaurant serving quality food and an excellent breakfast, suites are very well kitted out and all of the staff friendly and helpful but then none of them are locals.

As we were arriving at the Airport at 1am we booked one room for the four of us to utilise on our first night and this became my room for the next two nights, whilst it turns out that I had the best view from my window the others all had bigger and better equipped rooms and despite two visits to reception the room was never serviced at all during my stay.

Mariska the charming Assistant manager did refund the cost of the first night's stay as a result of this repeated oversight and admitted that they were likely to be dispensing with the services of the cleaning company but it still spoilt my experience and as others have reported the lifts are hopeless.

England of course lost the ensuing test match and I was there for all five days but I don't think this hotel was to blame.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ian F,

Thank you for your time providing feedback about your stay with us. I do apologize that you had an issue with the servicing of your room and I am glad that Mariska was able to reach a satisfactory outcome with you. I hope that upon your next visit with us that your experience will be better.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Booked for 4 nights to see perth and unwind after flight from uk, arrived 3am and as we walked through the entrance we were greeted by the reception staff with a warm welcome and within 5 minutes we were in our suite, the suite was very comfortable with all the full facilities.
Highly recommended only small complaints were one lift out of order, one lift always on 7th or 8th floor locked off. And room windows on 2nd floor were very dirty, Will use again if visiting perth again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
Dear Pennbrae1,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit back to Perth.

Taunton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Fraser Suites for six nights in December which coincided with the third test at the Waca. Our room on the 11th floor provided a good view of the ground. The suites are large and very well equipped. There is a flat screen television in both the lounge and the bedroom. We had breakfast included. This is otherwise expensive but the choice is huge and well presented. Service is good throughout. There is a more than adequate gym and a useful if narrow swimming pool. The Suites are about 25 minutes or so from the CBD and from the ferry terminals but the walk is a pleasant one and largely flat. The Suites are truly a bit special and were ideal for the final leg of our trip to Australia.

Room Tip: Higher the better, facing the Waca and away from traffic noise
Dear Ralph B,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoy your stay and view of the WACA! Hopefully it will not be too long before your next visit to Perth.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

The suites are exceptional and very very comfortable with all the right facilities. At the very end of Adelaide terrace but a short cab ride or walk to anything.
Service is very efficient and 24/7.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: The restaurant could do with better menu and food.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Graham D
Dear Graham D,

Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the comments about the menu and food for which I will pass on to our F&B team. I look forward to accommodating you again upon your next visit to Perth.

Perth - Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Booked for one night via internet, and was thrilled with this hotel. We were upgraded, no parking fees, and given a 30.00 voucher for a meal that night, this all happenend in the first five minutes of arriving. The room was beautiful, clean and very clever in design. We wished we could have stayed longer! Will stay again, thats for sure!
Staff very helpful, breakfast was included in our tariff and was really lovely! Buffet style.
There is a bus stop across road to get right into Perth City, however, a free Red Cat service behind the hotel in Hay Street is just a 5 min walk away. Loved this place!

1 Thank rianae
Dear rianae,

Thank you for your time providing feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our Fraser Holiday Special deal that was booked and the benefits it entailed. I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards