“stylish, quiet and well located”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“stylish, quiet and well located”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Don't be fooled into thinking that because this place is at the other end of the city it'll be hard to get around. You just jump on any of the buses in the westerly direction and within a few minutes you're within the heart of it all, for free! Just tell the driver you're just headed up into the city and voila.
Whilst I was looking out to a crane during my stay, the construction of the building next door should be finished in a few months, maybe weeks. THe rooms are really well appointed and comfortable. Features include a cute couch, nice double seater desk/dining table, kitchenette with enough to cook a light meal, very comfortable bed (best pillows ever!) and the bathroom is modern and again, well appointed. Room service is basic but quick and reasonably priced. There is also a gym and a pool! Again, well appointed and stylish. The basement carpark is $20 a day, which compared to other city hotels is reasonable. They car parks are also really roomy, not like the hyatt in perth! I ordered a breakfast which was pretty average, I didn't get to a buffet so can't comment. The dining room lacks a little ambience, and the menu is basic and pretty average. The wine selection is also that, but matches up to the food to be honest. There aren't too many places within walking distance that I could find for good dining. Suggest taking a cab up to northbridge or highgate, or even leederville. Only about 10 min drive away.

Room Tip: aim for one facing the river?
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear SallySpider
Thank you for writing such a positive and glowing review.
The hotels location is by far one of the best location’s in the city. Quietly located on the swan river and then 2-3 minutes on the bus and you are right in the centre of town. Our Executive Chef is currently working on refreshing our Room Service and Dining Room menu’s so next time you are with us you should see a change in the options.
Thank you again for the lovely review and we do hope you are back with us again in the not too distant future.
With kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I moved here from a cheaper competitor nearby. It was lovely to walk in to a large modern suite, full of light. Service is excellent as well. Room service is brilliant and not expensive - in fact the dinner I had one night was more generous than I expected, and the food is of high quality. Plus it's just near the WACA!

Dear Jane S
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. The size of our rooms is a great selling point as they are very spacious, new and modern. Being right next to the Waca is going to be great in December.
I do hope we get to see you back with us when next you are travelling to Perth.
Thank you again.
Braidwood, Australia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Perth is a horrible place to go for hotels. Due to the mining boom none of them have to do much to keep their occupancy rates up and their prices even higher.

However, in this context, the Fraser Suites offers probably the best rooms in town. Luxurious and comfortable. Spacious and stylish. The larger rooms are the best bet but even the standard hotel style rooms are better than pretty much anything else in town.

The downside is that generally you'll have to pay through the nose and the location is away from the CBD action (but close to Fortescue).

The staff are still struggling with systems that do not seem to support them, but overall this is a very pleasant place to stay.

Tip - not far from here is the City Farm with its lovely outdoor cafe with excellent coffee.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can afford it - a two bed is good to share with a colleague and works out abou...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear SybariteCK
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is always great to receive such positive feedback that we can share with our team. We have just recently undergone refresher training with our Front Office team to be able to assist them with their daily tasks so I am confident that you will see a difference when next with us.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites when you are next traveling to Perth.
australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My partner and i stayed here for his birthday. Having stayed in so many hotels in perth and being dissapointed with the same decor/average service.
What a dramatic difference! Firstly the room was huge with fresh new decor and a friendly lay out where you didnt feel ontop of one another. The bed was sooooo comfy! never had such a good nights sleep anywhere else.
Our room was an executive suite and had an amazing view. Extremely pleased with breakfast and the staff were fantastic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cat_kirst
Thank you for your review. It is so pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team made you feel welcome. I will pass on your feedback to our team so they can keep up the great work. Our beds are very comfortable and we always receive such positive feedback on the comfort of our beds!
Thank you again and I do hope we see you back at Fraser Suites when next you are in Perth.
Houston
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in a one-bedroom suite with laundry and river views. The staff were friendly and helpful and our requests for plug adaptors and extra coffee and washing powder were fulfilled immediately. We loved the clean, modern decor and very thoughtful kitchen amenities. Our only complaint was also a false fire-alarm ( seems to be a recurring problem). We found the walk into the city along the river beautiful and exhiliarating. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear cleobun
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is located in a great spot with views over the river. The walk along the river is very popular amongst our guests and a nice way to spend an afternoon.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back with us next time you travel to Perth.
Mandurah
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Got the chance to spend a few nights here with a good friend. Check in was friendly and efficient. The room was large and felt very luxurious. The only problem was that there was only one queen bed. After calling up and requesting twin beds much to our delight we were upgraded to a suite. It was a fantastic room with a views to die for. The only problem we had was that the air conditioning seemed to be stuck on 20 degrees and the doonas were so warm that I got a little hot.
We ate dinner in the restaurant downstairs where the staff were super friendly and efficient. The food was great too. In fact all the staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful - nothing seemed too much trouble. A few calls to housekeeping and room service were answered promptly.
We viewed the pool, spa, sauna and gym facilities but didn't use them. Just ran out of time!
It was easy to hop on a bus right outside and go into the city centre for no cost.
I would definitely stay at this place again. Thanks to all the wonderful staff for a memorable trip.

Room Tip: We had 905 and it had great views with a separate bedroom, microwave, hotplate, dishwasher, washer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bmmw
Thank you for writing such a positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made you feel very welcome and part of the “Fraser Family”. I will be sure to pass on your feedback with all the team.
Thank you again and I do hope we can see you back at Fraser Suites Perth in the not too distant future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked this hotel which is only 9 months old based on the positive reviews it had and I am left wondering did I stay in the same place?!

In summary - if you want to get some sleep, any sleep, stay elsewhere.

The hotel is on Adelaide Terrace which is a main thoroughfare. It is poorly noiseproofed. Ive stayed at the Duxton, Sheraton (now Pan Pacific) and Novotel - all on Adelaide Tce also - and never had a problem with traffic noise.

Poor design and such a shame for such a new property. Water leaks evident, rattling windows and you can hear every car that passes from the lower floors. Never mind the buses.
So I was helpfully given a top floor room when I asked for a refund so I could move down the road. This time the room faced the back (onto a building site). The rooms seem well soundproofed between rooms but the lift noise and doors banging went on all night.

Then at 2am the fire alarm went off. I hoped it was a false alarm as I was on the 19th floor. I tried to ring reception twice but wasn't answered. There were a few guests milling about the lifts on the floor but no hotel staff to be seen. Obviously fire alarms need to be loud, and there was also a PA system in the room booming "Emergency, evacuate immediately". You couldn't talk above the volume. I was really concerned about how the hotel managed this situation. in the end, I went down in the lift, was told by one of 3 staff at the front desk busy checking in guests that a guest had been smoking in the rooms.
So I went back up in the lift. I am used to fire drills with wardens and people collecting and being officially told it is a false alarm by someone who has actually investigated. All guests should have been contacted and the floor doorknocked. What if people had been walking down the fire stairs as we were supposed to do? What if guests were frail, elderly, not that mobile? I rang the reception again to confirm but just got the impression that although the staff are friendly and helpful, there is not the seniority or support to handle situations that are not run of the mill. They were more interested in telling me that the guest was being fined right at that moment than reassuring me that there wasn't actually a fire and if there was, the alarm had been re-set. With kitchens in the rooms, they really need to get their emergency procedures sorted out.

I guess the person shouldn't have been smoking in the room but the hotel also needs to take some responsibility for warning them, like on an aircraft, that if they do smoke, huge alarms will be triggered and they will be fined! No where in any of the room documentation is there anything about no smoking or the consequences.

Mostly young staff, mostly young guests, in town for the weekend to go out and clubbing I was told. Hence the doors opening and closing till 4 am.

If you are on business travel or need a rest, there are better options in Perth. Five star is a stretch for this hotel : the rooms are average size, the bathrooms are tiny and don't even have a full size shower let alone room for a bath. The décor is contemporary and they have gone for style but they haven't got the substantive basics right.

Pity.

6 Thank Snoopyminder
Dear Snoopyminder
Many thanks for writing your review on your recent stay with us.
It is disheartening to hear of the challenges that you had faced while you were staying with us. If and when a convenient time for yourself, please do feel free to contact myself directly as I would be more than happy to discuss these issues with you in more detail.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to speak with you soon.