“Fraser Suites Perth met my expectations”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was 5 star standard and met my expectations. Too may good points - so only bad points were that the pillows were all too large and put my nexk out. They did not have a thin soft pillow. Now have to go to my chiropractor - neck is out. Front desk staff were like robots. No smily friendly faces. Location is at the very edge of the city. A fair bit of a walk to get to the shopping area. Overall, it was excellent and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pppman
Mariusz T, General Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear pppman
Many thanks for your lovely review. When you are next looking at making your booking with us, please do inquire with our reservations team with regards to our pillow menu. We have a variety of pillows available that will assist with a more comfortable sleep for you. With regards to your experience with our reception staff, all our entire Front Office staff have just recently undergone refresher training in service so I am confident that you will see a change in our service levels from our receptionist.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Perth when you are next travelling.
With kindest regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Arrived 21/7/13 . No smile ,no service. Asked where to park car , told out the back or $30 extra per night ! Given no directions , tried to park out the back , with no directions it is a 1 Klm round trip due to one way road . ( this is at 1.00am after flight from Brisbane) .never told there was additional cost to,park when booking reservation.
Go to room ,no roll out bed as requested and originally confirmed over phone . Next morning no extra towels . Placed sign on door to clean room at 7.00am , come back to room at 3.30 pm , no room cleaned.
I requested general manager to phone to discuss my issues on the 23/6/13 and still have not heard from him/ her up until the 1/7/13 after leaving additional 3 messages !
This is suppose to be a 5 star place to stay, but it's service levels are 1 star !

Appears general manager likes responding to good reviews but does not act on complaints !

Room Tip: Ask plenty of questions when making booking as there can be additional costs such as parking !
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank 220Peter
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel was new therefore very clean. Hope that will be maintained. One of our rooms got upgraded for free. However we had not so good experiences during check in.Tthe staff wasn't good. We booked 3 room and was there around 230pm. Staff told us that they need another half hour to clear the rooms but allowed us to check in first. However she only checked in for 1 room. Was also made to put a deposit as well as pay up fully for that one room( not knowing that the other 2 rooms were not checked in). After half an hour when we returned to the hotel, we then found out that only 1 room was checked in. So we needed to check in again for the other 2 rooms, and also place another deposit for the 2 rooms. We were already made to pay fully for the other room, and now they required another deposit . Is was all messed up. Later on, one of our rooms had other hotel guests coming in. They were give the same room as us. It was so dangerous as anybody could have come in and definitely no privacy as well. The other hotel guests were also shocked to see people in the room that they were checked into. Upon check out after 2 nights, we were made to pay parking charges when we did not even drive, yet another mistake. I also asked if we could book another night for 3 rooms at a similar rate that we got, but was told it was not possible . Location is far from town, not much eateries.
The outer windows needs cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamara K, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear pampiay
Thank you for review on your recent stay with us at Fraser Suites Perth.
Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls in service that you have highlighted with your arrival experience. So I am able to investigate this further, if convenient for yourself, if you are able to contact myself directly via phone that would be greatly appreciated. I will be more than happy to discuss this with you further so I can then also identify with our reception staff the correct check-in procedures we have in place.
Thank you again pampiay and I do hope I have the opportunity to discuss with you in person the areas you have highlighted.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Our 2nd visit here

So we arrived Saturday 29th June at 5pm and reception staff told us due to be fully booked the hotel we couldn't get in our bedroom because they were behind cleaning 250 rooms.
So our room would be available Only at 6.30pm!;(
The reception staff was a guy and I forgot his name, was very nice and very apologetic( he used to work at mantra hay st).
So due to late check in he let us to check out tomorrow late too, which was fair enough.
He also gave us an upgrade room because ours was fully booked.

Got to reception back at 7pm to get our key room, this time was a different reception staff, didn't smile at all, looked very nervous and didn't know how to have a good customer services. He told us our late check out was 12pm, after I explained to her everything she said ok will let you check out at 2pm.

Got into room, very nice room, they gave us an upgrade from standard room ( which we booked online) to 1 bedroom apartment due to be fully booked.
Room is really nice. All amenities new and good.
The bad thing was our Bed! So uncomfortable this time! My husband and I kept sinking in which gave us a horrible back pain! We stayed at room 205.
Previously in other stay here our bed was great, so clearly this bed has a problem.

I except from Frasers to call me about this issue since my husband and I stay in Perth hotels very often for a kids free night out.

Swimming pool is indoor, heated, they do have gym.
Breakfast was great. Staff seemed better this time, more familiarly with breakfast arrangement.

Would go back Only if next time they give us a better Bed!! Not late check in.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Evelyn M
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Please accept my apologies for the delay with your arrival. It is something that I will be following up with our team. I will also have our Housekeeping Manager check the bed in Suite 205. Evelyn M, I would really appreciate if I can speak with you directly with regards to the arrival experience and other areas you have highlighted. When convenient for yourself, if you can please contact either myself or our Rooms Division Manager – Michael Klaus and we will be more than happy to discuss the areas you have highlight in more detail.
Thank you again and we do look forward to touching base with you in the future.
Kindest regards

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked a room for one night ($244) on their website and at the point in time my card was not charged. When I checked they charged me $300 (I was prepared to pay $100 deposit they required). I had ordered some chips and aioli from room service which were $8 and the same size as the ones available from the restaurant downstairs for $6 (funny that) so when I checked out I was charged another $255.80. There was a credit card fee of 1.5% even though the only way you can pay is via credit card... So in total I have been charged $555.80 and my bank account is now in overdraft and not to mention the bank fees I'll be slapped with for going in overdraft.

I do not understand why they cannot just charge my card when I booked it online like every other hotel I've ever booked with, but that's fine, I was happy to pay upon arrival. I do not understand why they could not just refund me $44.20 when I checked out from the first time they charged me instead of charging me again! It's not that hard to process refunds which will go back into your account automatically, I've done it a million times. It's been 4 days and I'm yet to receive my $300 back. I'm going to a different country in less than two days and I need my money back.

When I called up to complain and ask why they can't just charge me when I booked online, the lady on the phone told me that I could book through a travel agent who would charge me when I booked. I asked her why on Earth would I do that and have to pay the travel agent commission and/or fess and she had nothing to say.

Needless to say I will never be back again. I want my $300 back (and it would be nice if my bank fess were reimbursed).

6  Thank Kai Xuan K

Dear Kai Xuan K
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am extremely concerned and disheartened to hear of your experience when you recently stayed with us. If convenient, I would like the opportunity to discuss the service related issues you have raised in more depth. Please feel free to contact myself directly or our Rooms Division Manager – Michael Klaus on 08 9261 0000.
I believe it imperative that we do receive feedback regardless of its nature as it allows our Management team the opportunity to revisit areas whereby there has been shortfalls in service delivery and we can work with our team on further training and development.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I do hope that we can discuss the shortfalls in service in more detail with you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wonderful service. Flew in super early into Perth. Reached the hotel around 7.45-8.00am. Placed our luggage with concierge and went out to have breakfast and walk along Swan River. Came back to the hotel after 2 hrs and ended up falling asleep at the lobby sofa (over-night flight with crying kids = tired). Check-in time is not until 3pm, but the front desk managed to get a room cleaned up and checked us in before lunch. This allowed us to rest properly for the start of our great holiday in WA. Cheers

2  Thank ericTAK
Tamara K, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear ericTAK,

Thank you so very much for your review.

It is certainly appreciated and very pleasing to read that you had a good stay and enjoyable rest with us. We do hope you have or still are enjoying your WA holiday.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I checked in at 12 AM, and even though the staff could see me with luggage at the door- it took the calling button for them to open the doors and good 2 minutes..hmmm...no smiles, no welcome, nothing- and worse of all no power adapters. I mean how do you open a property without any thought. Got suckered into staying for a night wont happen again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank ashkale
Tamara K, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear ashkale,

We greatly appreciate your valued feedback.

Our sincerest apologies for the shortfall in our services, which I have personally addressed the issues with the relevant departments concern.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on 08 9261 0027 to discuss further.
or alternatively feel free to skype me on tamara.kasalica.

With Kind Regards