“Really very good!”

Fraser Suites Perth
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked into this hotel as part of a conference I wasn't sure what to expect. I was really impressed in terms of value for money and accessibility.

A new hotel there is the obvious construction that occurs nearby as that end of the city is being developed, however I had no issue with noise or other problems typically encountered. Being new, everything is shiny and clean and the staff were only too keen to be helpful, I didn't acquaint myself with the gym but the restaurant was great for breakfast and the bar although small is surprisingly comfortable.

The room was clean and comfortable the provisions were great (kitchenette wasn't used) the bathroom was well appointed.

I think the best measure of a stay and a hotel is for me to stay that when I return to Perth I am most likely going to stay here again.

Room Tip: Not hotel related, buses in the Perth CBD are free, every day I caught a bus to the exhibition cente...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tamara K, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear AMH007
Thank you for such a glowing review. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto our team.
Thank you again and I do hope we get to see you back at Fraser Suites next time you travel to Perth.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you require a hotel close to the central police station or the WACA then this hotel is ideally suited.
The opening specials provide excellent value.

The hotel amenities are first class and nice to be in a room with a new bed and use to an iron without the remnants of the previous users.
The rooms are extremely functional and well appointed. House keeping do a good job.
Customer Service is a bit hit and miss, some staff lack some of the fundamentals. To be fair customer service in Perth hotels is lacking in general.
There is a lack of frontage and in busy periods the car parks out front can be crowded. Really need to leave the front for taxi drop off and pick up and open up the back entrance to private vehicles and vehicles waiting for extended periods.
hints
The card you need it operate the elevators (swipe the below floor numbers) and room door above the handle.
The hair dryer is behind the mirror in the bathroom.
Pool is heated
DVD and TV have modern connections. USB on the DVD player to play movies and music. (FAT32)
Out of the five days I spent in the hotel, only one morning was there a taxi was outside waiting, so recommend ordering one beforehand.

Dear AussieTravelBug86
Many thanks for your recent review. It is always pleasing to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I will however pass on your feedback to our Rooms Division Manager to ensure there is consistency with the service from our reception staff.
Thank you again and I do hope we can welcome you back to Fraser Suites Perth in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed in a Studio room here last Saturday night instead of my regular Hotel as I wanted to try something different.
Good points:
Very clean room and bathroom, modern decor, flat screen TV, and it was very convenient having a kitchenette. No traffic noise in the room. I was also able to park near the premises free of charge because it was a Saturday, which was also a bonus (a fee is charged between 8am to 6pm weekdays). I found the staff friendly and helpful and breakfast was very nice.
Bad points:
The one major flaw is the proximity of the rooms to the elevators. When booking, I asked for a room located away from the elevators and was pleased when on check-in I was advised that this request had been honoured. When I stepped out onto the 15th floor, I walked about 5 to 6 metres from the elevators and there was my room, facing the elevators. I thought there had been a mistake and was about to go back to reception until I studied the floor plan hanging on the wall and discovered that this Hotel is a rectangle shape and the elevators are in the middle of the Hotel. All rooms are therefore situated around the elevators. This will not be an issue for many, but I am a very light sleeper and found the “ding dong” of the elevator bell, plus the voice system in them announcing the floor number to be very annoying. Around midnight a couple of very noisy guests got out the elevators and made their way back to their room, waking me up. I had just got back to sleep when another group of very noisy guests came out the elevators laughing extremely loudly at 12.45am because someone had lost their access key card and couldn’t use the elevator. The loud discussion, constant laughing and ensuing phone call made it impossible to sleep. I realise that loud inconsiderate guests are in no way the fault of management, but this is the main reason why I prefer accommodation where you are not right next to elevators. The rooms behind the elevators are probably a lot quieter, but studying the floor plan, these seemed to be the more expensive one bedroom apartments rather than studio rooms. The other problem was the very high pillows. I had glanced and seen 4 pillows on the bed when I arrived and thought one would surely be suitable. However, when going to bed I found they were all very high and I don’t know why Hotels do this. It is extremely uncomfortable to sleep with your neck kinked at a 90 degree angle. By the time I realised no pillow was suitable it was 11pm and I was already in my pyjamas, so was too embarrassed to be calling anyone at that stage and just put up with it.
If you are not a light sleeper then I would recommend this Hotel as it was great in all other areas.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KayZel11

Dear Kayt_SouthWest_WA
Many thanks for your review.
Please accept my apologies for the disturbances you had during your evening. Next time you are looking at staying in Perth and would like to inquire about our rooms, we do have different room types available that are around past the elevators. Ask about one of our “01, 02, 11, 13” room types as these do vary between room types and are away from the elevators of the hotel. Being a light sleeper this is where I would recommend requesting your room allocation to be.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope we see you with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at Fraser Suites, Perth. We got the deluxe room. The room was rather small, about 35sqm (but that's just me), others thought it was reasonably sized. The room was definitely clean and nice, and very new, which is always a good thing.

Furnishing, Tv (40" LCD), all good and nice. Amenities in general were *ok*, but quality toilet products. They don't replace your soaps and toothpaste ona regular basis. Infact, my toothbrush and paste were missing! Had to ask for it.

Front desk service was pretty good, helpful, friendly and efficient. Housekeeping on the other hand was so so and a tad slow. Do note that if you drive, parking fees is AUD30 a day at the time I stayed there. Location is pretty decent also; about a 10min walk to the city centre.

Overall; it is a new hotel, clean nice and modern. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfain

Dear Wolfain
Many thanks for your recent review.
I will pass on your feedback to our Housekeeping Manager in relation to your bathroom amenities as these should be replenished on a daily basis and to ensure the team are adhering to this procedure.
We have a variety of different rooms here at Fraser Suites Perth. Next time you are staying with us, ask about one of our 1 Bedroom Executive Suites or 1 Bedroom Premier Suites, these room types offer a generous lounge / dining area which are quite comfortable to sit back and relax in after a day in the office or shopping.
Thank you again for your review and I do hope to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Perth next time you are traveling to Perth.
Kindest regards

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Decided to come to the City for 2 nights in March, on our way back from Margaret River. First the good things: Hotel was nice & clean, heated swimming pool, adequate gym with equipment As it should be considering it's a new Hotel & opened last year. Rooms were well designed, spacious. Our suite had a lovely large balcony that you can sit outside. Traveled in a party of 5. A friend booked for 3 rooms, 2 of them was a connecting corner double suite type of rooms. Now the bad: What brings this Hotel's rating down to an average for me was the service & experience. It started during check in, when we drove up to the driveway with large glass frontage windows they can clearly see who is pulling up and no one came out to help us with our luggage. My husband has to go inside and ask someone to help, and there was clearly 5 people standing there. Checking in I asked the lady Adeline if we could get our rooms on the same floor, not possible, ok fine, but you can at least smile. Adeline didn't make the welcome or first impression positive for me. Be warned, they ask you for a misc deposit of AUD $100+, to cover any misc charges??? So your very careful in the room so as not to be blamed for any damages? WTF? When I get to my room, its a suite with one bedroom for 4 pax? So the bellboy asks me if I want to get some extra beds at extra charge. I finally figured out the FO girl Adeline didn't check me into the room next door. It gets better. When I call her from the room to complain, she says "oh I thought you knew that was your room next door?" How could I have known, especially when she only gave me one room key with my room number on it!! So I had to trek it back downstairs to get the other room key. 2 hrs wasted, in addition cause my friend had a safe problem in his room. When we all finally gathered downstairs in the lobby, there was still @ 5 people standing around, so we asked how to get to Freemantle, the lady starts rambling off, take this highway, exit so and so, and I'm supposed to remember all this. That was it? She didn't even offer to assist me with any directions, even though they had these 2 big Apple computers in front of them. Useless concierge, if Frasers wants to call it that, don't expect any level of service. If you got 2 fancy big Apple computers, make it useful for staff and a get a concierge software that will assist guests. All that's enough to turn me off from Fraser's Suites. Why pay a premium for staying at this Hotel, stay somewhere else closer to the City. I've read on other reviews for their properties that service is bad. I would try another Hotel that will put more effort into making their guest feel welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Twinbro

Dear Twinbro
Thank you for your honest review.
It saddens me to hear of your experience when you stayed with us in March this year. We do welcome all feedback we receive whether it be positive or negative as it allows us to revisit areas of training and development for our team.
I would really like the opportunity to discuss the shortfalls in service that you have highlight in more detail if you have the time, please do contact myself directly on the hotel’s main number.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in May 2013 for business.

The hotel is modern and check in was an easy affair.

I stayed in a studio deluxe room. The room itself was incredibly spacious, with a large flatscreen tv, very large and comfy bed and all amenities I could possibly require were provided in the bathroom. For the lady travellers, the hairdryer was new and powerful (men won't understand this but women will appreciate the need for a reliable hairdryer in a hotel.) I would agree with other comments however that I struggled to get the air con in the room at a right temperature. It was either freezing or very hot so I was changing the levels quite a bit during the night.

The benefit of staying in a new hotel and part of a large hotel chain, is that it leaves you in no doubt of the hotel's cleanliness. The bathroom and hotel room was immaculate.

Breakfast here was lovely and served up many delicious options such as fruit, yoghurt, granola, bacon, eggs, sausages and assorted pastries. They also catered for those of us who require the gluten free substitutes.

When I enquired about getting into the main shopping district the staff member at the front desk was a bit unsure which is problematic as this hotel is not in the centre of the action and does require some directions to get around.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience at the Fraser Suites and I would stay there again,

Room Tip: A studio deluxe is more than spacious for a couple or single traveller.

Dear Gen_TravelJunkie
Many thanks for such a lovely review. Our breakfast buffet is one of our most popular features. I am glad that you enjoyed the wide variety on offer and that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back at Fraser Suites Perth in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nice, new hotel on the edge of town in Perth. Close to the river and the park, but not much else. You will need a taxi to travel anywhere. The rooms are nice and the service is friendly, but can't believe how expensive Australia has become. Moreover, the outlets in the room are not international outlets, so remember to bring a AUS/NZ adapter.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tamara K, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Woodbury729

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us.
The hotel is situated in such a great location down by the Swan River and the Waca. We are fortunate enough to also be in the free travel zone on the bus through the city to the opposite side of town.

My apologies that our reception staff did not offer you one of our international adaptors during your stay. We have these available at reception for guest use.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. I do hope that you choose Fraser Suites as your preferred accommodation choice next time you are in Perth.