“lovely posh wakeup breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe - Hyatt Regency

Cafe - Hyatt Regency
Ranked #123 of 1,647 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With a unique "Pan to Plate" philosophy, cafe offers three interactive stations for diners to select freshly prepared dishes, as well as an a la carte menu to suit any occassion.
Busselton, Australia
“lovely posh wakeup breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

feels expensive and lush, such a variety of food, asian, gluten free bread, everything very fresh, service prompt and friendly

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“Cafe at Hyatt - always impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the best buffets in Perth.
Staff always go the extra "mile" with their excellent customer service
I make good use of my membership!

• Visited July 2014
“Jimmy's cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Four of us dined at the café on Wednesday night. One of the best buffet's we've had. The staff in particular were attentive from the time we entered, thanks Rohan, to the time we left. Daniel, your cocktail selection for my daughter was well received and my G & T perfect. Your dry sense of humour was very entertaining, don't change. Ryan, you too did an excellent job and was there when we needed you. You guys are a credit to the hotel.

Sorry management, have one complaint. The aircon was way too high.

“Perth prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yummy good food, but you pay for it. Nice atmosphere with comfortable furniture and cosmopolitan decor.

Visited July 2014
Perth
“In need of manager to review the service staff and food quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My sister was over from Victoria and has always like this, but hadnt been for a year or so. I also took my wife.
The maitre de position was great, well mannered and knowledgeable
The waitress and waiter were substandard for this venue, food and drink knowledge was seriously lacking in general. Also, the watress was a little changed in the English language department.
it was a middle eastern theme night. The Lamb koftas were over cooked, as was the skewered beef, the chicken dry....generally most meat and fish was overcooked.
The pulses etc couscous, vegetables etc were great...so I ended up mostly doing those. There was only one meat item I feel that was cooked properly...the Lamb off the bone
The usual cold section was to the standard it always has been.
The thing that really annoyed me was the limp mixed salad offering...I think probably been there for hours...maybe eveybody wanted meat.
The one section that was a saving grace, at least for the ladies, was the desert section. Chef was knowledgeable, attentive and smiled.
Plates were cleared promptly but no replacement cutlery provided, had to steal from the desert area
I may try again, but from an experience over many years of this restaurant, I no longer place it as a special place for me against Perths other options....shame really
Best items according to the girls...fresh oysters and the ice cream

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AdamMyott, General Manager at Cafe - Hyatt Regency, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear C B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your comments regarding our Maitre D and Dessert Chef were well received, however it’s very disappointing that the rest of your experience was not so positive, particularly the quality of the food selection available. I will certainly be sharing your review with our Executive Chef as I am sure he will be keen to follow this up with his team.
My thanks again for your constructive feedback and as a regular guest of ours over recent years, I very much hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards