“Scrumptious!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was looking for a place that is special enough for my birthday breakfast. Few people recommended this place so I decided to try it out. I was disappointed when I found out that you can't book a table but was determined to try. I went there Sunday 9.30 am and was told that the wait was 45 minutes.. I thought to myself, this better be worth it! at least they tell you honestly how long the wait is - no sugar coating. I was able to leave my name and number and went for a walk around Northbridge so the wait was not bad at all. It ended being only 30 minutes, and we got a good table inside. We ordered Nasi Goreng with fried egg - this was good but not super amazing, the hash brown with braised beef spinach and basil - this was SENSATIONAL ridiculously good! and the beef curry pie - this was probably the best pie I have ever had, will definitely go back there just for the pies. The crust was just very light and crunchy, with very meaty inside.

Service was excellent as well, wait staff kept coming and checking up on us, and they were all very friendly. I was very happy with the service provided!

We also had some coffee - which was perfect, and mixed fruit juices that is more fitting to be called Moctails as they were pretty fancy.

so I concur, Tuck Shop really is AS GOOD as people made it out to be. We are already looking into coming back real soon for those scrumptious pies!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Northbridge has a lot of great places now to go to for coffee and breakfast. This place is popular and be prepared to wait outside before a table is available. Excellent coffee and food. Fantastic menu with vegetarian options as well.

Tuck shop is a simple cafe open for breakfast and lunch, very casual but excellent service and good food.

1  Thank leanne_pearc
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Came in for brekkies on a weekday and they are busy. This place is buzzy! There were people streaming in and out and I can only imagine what it would be like an a weekend!

The menu has some interesting out-of-the-box things i like. Ordered the Moroccan meatballs and my friend had the chorizo with crispy pork belly. Both had good flavours, well seasoned, we enjoyed it! The crispy pork belly was definitely crispy! What a joy! ;)

The negative on the meatball dish was the flat bread- think it was a Turkish bread but it was dry and hard- difficult to cut, let alone to eat despite the fact that hummus and sauce were on it! It didnt feel fresh!

1  Thank WhoopsyBabe
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were greeted by its friendly staff when we walked in. Service was fast and efficient. The attention to detail was great - they offered to join two tables for us, among other little things.

Great selection of food and they tasted great! The food was served quickly. Could do with some detailed description of food on the menu though, as one of the dishes didn't turn out quite as we expected.

Nice setting which gives a cosy feel to the cafe, which is located in the city fringe.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a very popular little cafe that is worth the hassle you may have on a busy day trying to find parking nearby (fine for locals to walk to). The staff are consistently friendly and will try to seat you as soon as they can (you may have to wait in the doorway for a while on the busy days). Coffee is excellent and there is a good array of breakfast and lunch choices. Sweet note: have tried cakes a couple of times and while they look appealing, tend to be a little too sweet.