“A pleasant experience.”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Two of us enjoyed dinner at Tasik this week and the experience was lovely. We had service with a smile and the setting was cozy and personal.
Having lived in Indonesia I am aware of what the authentic dishes taste like, and the food came close enough that I was happy with my meal.
We had the Daging Endang (beef dish) that was full of flavor and very tender, Sate Ayam (chicken satay) with delicious peanut sauce, Tempe (soybean dish) which had as much tofu as it did tempeh, and Nasi Goreng Kambing (lamb fried rice) which was also very good but steamed rice would have been a better choice.

There was plenty of food left to take home.

I was disappointed with two things here:
The lack of vegetable dishes. Indonesians have a great way with green veggies and it was disappointing to note the limited options at Tasik
The lack of choice on the dessert menu. Indonesian sweet are something I regularly crave and although very full from my meal I still wished to have dessert. The only things on the menu were the iced desserts and as it was a very cold night we chose to go without.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Dined in this eve. The cook may alter the taste to the local and does not taste like indonesian authentic signature.

Price is not in accordance to its value

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This a a lovely Indonesian restaurant in Perth. Its food and ambience are authentic. I ate there last night with my husband and daughter, and the restaurant is named after a place in West Java, and we loved it. The atmosphere is very relaxed and typical of the eateries we came across a decade or so ago, when we travelled by car across Java with some of my husband's Indonesian family. We had Sop Buntut (oxtail soup) which was $ 10.00 and with a bowl of Steamed Rice is a substantial meal, and Soto Ayam which was authentic and 'enak'. And as it was a hot day, we had an Es Teler which was very refreshing ($4.00 each); this is a drink which has jelly, tropical fruits, and avocado and coconut juice, and ice. The service is charming and gracious, and we had a lovely evening. The restaurant is in Northbridge, and is situated in an old house, which adds to its charm and authenticity.We will visit this restaurant again, because of its reasonable price, and its authenticity.

4  Thank 302aussietraveller
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A delicious and extremely authentic meal. Simple honest dishes full of flavour. Having eaten in literally thousands of Indonesian eateries over many years, from warungs to five star, Tasik certainly rates. Service was friendly, the atmosphere relaxed. I loved my Sambal Goreng Tempe! Thank you Tasik for bringing a little piece of Indonesia to Perth.

2  Thank Susiq7
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had lunch with my Indonesian wife there today. My wife is an exceptional Indonesian chef so I am spoilt. So, our standards are very high. Unfortunately, Tasik did not make the grade for us, for several reason.
We had the Rendang, Chap Chai and Satay Kambing with teh manis panas. The tea arrived quick
Y, as did my Rendang, followed soon after by the Satay which was an entree. We ended up eating it all and drank the tea waiting for the Chap Chai. We enquired why it was so long as was told it is fresh so took longer. We ended up asking for takeaway instead and even got the bill before it was ready. Took it home and it was not good anyway. Very oily and overcooked.
Staff friendly and service ok, just the food service no good.
Old 1900's house in average condition, but nice I suppose.

1  Thank AdamVW