“Good simple food with class.”

The Trustee Bar & Bistro
Ranked #109 of 1,352 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Trustee Bar and Bistro is a multi-award winning venue that has been established since 2012 and has quickly cemented itself as one of Perth's favourite dining options with it humble, bistro style food, a savvy wine list and its dedication to outstanding customer service. Offering several different spaces to dine and hold events in as well as now housing the very cool Angels' Cut Bar it is the perfect place to enjoy the best that the Perth CBD has to offer
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Good simple food with class.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Good ambience ,attentive waiting staff ,good selection on the menu,beautifully cooked Barrimundi & lovely turkish delight dessert.

Visited June 2013

Perth
“Great food, great service but a tad noisy and cramped.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I went there for our anniversary. I made the booking online which was easy and fast.

We were expecting a quiet dinner but the place was very noisy. We had a group right behind us that were having some sort of office party and there were a bit of yelling. It was a Friday night and the bar section was filled with people having drinks.I found the tables are a bit too closed together. I felt like I was having dinner with two other couples, one on each side.

I ordered a Portuguese red wine, Quinta do Crasto ‘Flor do Crasto’ Tinto Douro, which was surprisingly very good. My wife had apple cider.

We are not big eaters so we shared the entree. We decided on the pork belly parcel. The prok parcel itself was a bit dry and bland. I thought the apple salad and fried shallots carried the dish. I though maybe a sauce of some kind might have made the dish better.

For mains, I had the Barramundi and my wife had the duck leg config. My skin of my fish was crispy and the fish was white, moist and tender. It was excellent. The duck was good as well but the tempura zucchini was a bit too oily.

For dessert we shared the trustee affogato. It was a great end to the night.

The food was good, the price was reasonable. If you don't mind the noise, this is a great place.

Perth, Australia
“seriously good”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

wine list awesome, had a very cool by the glass list, quite expensive but had a nice mix of easy drinkers and some serious big boys

service is relaxed but informed, no hovering, fawning staff unnecessarily filling my water glass nineteen times but there if you need them, I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I much prefer this slightly hands off approach - hate it when staff fill my wine glass, I'm not an invalid and I prefer to go at my own pace

food SPECTACULAR, try the chateaubriand.

Perth, Australia
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I went there for my birthday dinner on the weekend. We felt the service was good. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. I had the scotch fillet and my husband had the short ribs. I thought the meals were nice but not great. I ordered medium for my steak but it was medium-rare.

The atmosphere was quite dull and it was also cold. There was a draft coming through, perhaps because of the high ceilings? It definitely wasn't a cosy place!

Not sure if I'd go back. The one thing I did like was the Nutty Mule cocktail, it was delicious!

Western Australia
“Great Night”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to the Trustee for a work function. The first thing that struck me was as we walked past staff on our way upstairs they cheerfully said hello and wished us a good evening. Really!!? In Perth!!? The last time that happened was in San Louis Obispo California. Very impressed.

We enjoyed some starters we shared. Anchovies, chicken parfait, fries, olives and croque Monsieur. All very good.

For mains there was a few steaks of which everyone said was good. I had the duck which was good without being brilliant. Dont get me wrong I'd happily have it again but it wasnt revolutionary. There was also the braised beef cheeks that I sampled which were typical braised beef cheeks. Well cooked but nothing I havent had before. Overall the meals were good and we were very satisfied but they arent breaking new culinary ground here.

For dessert I had a chocolate plate. I am not a great lover of chocolate, like it but dont live for like some people. I texted a picture of the plate to my wife who asked what it was called. I texted back that it was called OH MY GOD. Seriously this dessert was that good and if you are a Chocoholic this is nirvana.

The food was good, the dessert was unbelieveable and the service was excellent and in my experience a standout for Perth. It may be because the guy waiting on us was from San Francisco and in the USA service actually means something but from the unusually warm welcome we got I am thinking its just how they roll.

Overall we were very appy with Trustee and I will come bck, even if its just for that dessert!

• Visited May 2013