“Enjoyable night out”

The Trustee Bar & Bistro
Ranked #166 of 1,413 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Trustee Bar and Bistro is a multi-award winning venue that has been established since 2012 and has quickly cemented itself as one of Perth's favourite dining options with it humble, bistro style food, a savvy wine list and its dedication to outstanding customer service. Offering several different spaces to dine and hold events in as well as now housing the very cool Angels' Cut Bar it is the perfect place to enjoy the best that the Perth CBD has to offer
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited The Trustee on 21st December 2012 for dinner with our cousins during a visit to Perth from London. There was a queue to get in when we approached the front door, which is a sign of its popularity, but as we had a reservation we sailed straight in. It's a fairly grand looking place with good decor. The menu had a good variety, as did the wine list. Service was good and as it was a few days before Christmas, it was a nice touch to have some Christmas crackers on the table: there was a mini chess set in my cracker which my son was delighted with! Our meal was served promptly, with no problems at all. We ordered a bottle of the Clonakilla shiraz to go with our main course - a simply gorgeous bottle of wine! Portion sizes were extremely generous so make sure you are hungry when you visit The Trustee!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had a function here and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. I would recommend the establishment to anyone

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've a a few drinks at The Trustee, but finally had a meal there for a work lunch session with 11 others.

I ordered the 'short ribs' which turned out to be almost a foot long each :) Well cooked and the seasoning was mildly spicy as good ribs should be. I could not go past the pistachio icecream for dessert and was impressed by both the complexity of the taste and the presentation of the combo elements - the whole table wanted to know what was on my plate
The serving sizes are very large - not what I would expect from a French menu, so if you are looking for a light snack go elsewhere.
Prices were on the upper range for a bistro, but that is to be expected considering the location
and market.
Service was a bit lacking, but that might have been to do with every seat in the house having a bum in it.
All said and done, we all had a good time and enjoyed the occasion and venue.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We've been to The Trustee twice now and I must say they will be hard pushed to get us back. I ordered the pie with the different made from different cuts of meat. I was so disappointed when it came out. Not only was it cold in the middle, but it was served in a ramekin and had bought puff pastry on top.....that's a lazy chef. You're kidding me. I was looking forward to a beautiful pie with gorgeous pastry. Also, the vegetable we ordered that cost $11.00 had grit in it. A mortal sin for any restaurant.

I'm more that happy to pay top dollar for great food and service, but once again Perth has demonstrated that it just isn't quite where it needs to be for the prices they insist on charging.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I asked the waiter to suggest what I should eat and he said the 'Pie special is amazing' I ordered and it was an ENORMOUS meal (for a little ole girl like me) and quiet frankly (for springtime weather) was more a meal I felt should be eaten in the midst of winter when it was freezing cold.
Apart from the (lack of) taste the presentation was awful....a great big balloon of puff pastry on the top (I didn't eat it) and a measly bit of limp rocket on the side (undressed). Bleuhhhh.
The atmosphere was good, if you don't want to be able to have much conversation and the service was ok, the waiter knew his wine at least.
The weird part was the bathroom, industrial chic mixed with Granny's roses didn't do it for me at all and worse...they were filthy on a Wednesday night that wasn't busy.
I'd go somewhere else to try and be trendy next time :)