“Great Atmosphere & Staff”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I'm surprised by some of the previous reviews as to the staff as they have been excellent on both times we have visited. There is a relaxed friendly atmosphere. In response to a previous comment about the "cover charge" this is in fact a charity donation and I'm sure if you can afford to eat and drink here you can afford an extra dollar each for charity - it's a shame more businesses don't have a similar policy - imagine all the money that would be raised for charity !
I can't comment on the actual meals as we have only had bar snacks which are yummy, and the cocktails are fantastic - don't miss the Lemon Meringue cocktail - it's divine -tastes just like the real thing !

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went here for a quick drink with friends after a show on a Saturday night.

The pro's:
1. Only a short walk from Perth Arena
2. No queues to get in (unlike most of the other bars nearby)
3. You could sit outside on the rooftop underneath the stars to enjoy the view
4. Outside you could talk to each other without having to yell over the music.
5. The doorman and bar star were friendly enough without being exuberant.

The con's:
1. It is a bit small and could get a bit cramped when the late crowd rolls in
2. You need to climb 3 flights of stairs

We didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food. The drink prices were normal Perth CBD prices.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went on a Saturday for lunch a took my mother for Mother's Day but the day before a also took my little boy who is six after reading the reviews had no idea what to expect but thought may aswell give it ago as I had been up there for drinks but never eaten there we got greeted with a warm happy smile by a nice Irish lady who was very helpful a nice a friendly to my little boy which made me feel comfortable we both ordered a launch time special which is a bargain for what u get I had a steak sand which with tomato aioli a salad a my mum had the salmon with veges a little boy had hand cut chips with aioli a Tom sauce which were great a tasty all meals were cooked fresh a probably the best lunch I've had in a while the staff were very attentive a always checked to see if we were happy will def be going back !!!!all I've gotta say is don't go by everybody else's opinions a try for yourself as we had a pleasant experience and are def going again

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My partner and I decided to come here for brunch one Saturday but ended up leaving only after our coffees. The ladies at the bar were ok enough but seemed a little cross that we were disturbing their peace. The waitress lead us to one seat but it must have rained the night before as the wood was still damp and there were puddles in various parts of the bench. We weren't offered an alternative so because of the view the table offered (out over Murray Street and the city) we stayed where we were and dodged the wet spots! We took a look at the menu but unfortunately nothing took our fancy so to be polite, we stayed for coffee. Distracted by our conversation a little while after, we accidently left without paying before getting half way down the road and realising our mistake! We hurried back upstairs to pay and to explain ourselves and the ladies really couldn't have cared less! As the bill came to under $20 we were told we had to use the atm and get cash out which charged us $2.50, before we could pay. We did this but found it very rude! Especially seeing as we had been honest enough to realise our mistake and came back to pay. If we hadn't of, how would they have explained to management that they hadn't been around to witness our leaving without settling the bill?! I would not go to this bar again.

1  Thank MzTaylor88
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had dinner here with some work colleagues just before Christmas. Whilst the service was not great our waitress tried very hard to make up for the efforts of the bar and in the kitchen. We were seated in the middle of the bar area and it was super noisy for most of the evening. The sun belted though the window meaning that some of our party had to resort to wearing sunglasses with the rest of us near expiring with the heat.

The food was just OK with the tasting plate which we shared being quite pleasant. My main course of salmon was average and something I could have done myself. Dessert was a disappointment (when it did arrive - some desserts did not arrive) a trio of ice-cream. They only had strawberry which was very hard and cut into unappertising chunks.....so much of the delicate trio we envisaged.

We had a number of cocktails and in fairness to the management we were not charged for one round as they took over half an hour to get to us. Again, our waitress apologised etc and I actually felt sorry for her being the meat between the sandwich!!

The Conservatory had an opportunity to impress and they disappointed us miserably.