“DID honour reservation!”

and up
Kayak Tour on the Canning River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rivergods Kayak Adventures is Perth's leading kayak adventure provider, we supply a range of tours, equipment hire, and courses. Tours range from half day river kayaking, full day sea kayaking, and multi day sea kayaking. Seal and Penguin Island day tours run between September and June. 5 Day Monkey Mia tours run between April and October. Half Day Canning River tour runs all year round.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“DID honour reservation!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

In response to the post of 17 Jan...

I was a member of the group who posted about the extra $50 being charged.

Each member of our group booked their kayaks individually. When the first kayay was hired, delivery of the kayak to our departure point (30km away) was offered free because there were a couple of spaces left on a trailer being used for another delivery. When our final numbers grew to four, there was not enough room on the trailer and Rivergods contacted our organiser to advise that we'd now need to book a trailer just for ourselves at a total cost of $50, to be shared between the four hirers ($12.50 ea). Our organiser then cancelled the entire booking and let us know after the fact.

Rivergods contacted me personally with an apologetic explanation of what had transpired and told me they'd held my reservation for the kayak in case I still wanted to hire it, but also offered a full refund if I didn't want to continue.

They were totally professional, polite and helpful. I'm sorry they've been on the receiving end of such anger. This whole thing was nothing more than a miscommunication about a kind offer of free transport to begin with.

3 Thank Jill M

Perth WA
“Monkey Mia and Penguin Island”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My first experience was a Monkey Mia trip which was an amazing travel where I could share with people who like adventures. I had the opportunity to visit incredible beaches around Shark Bay and also paddling to different Islands. All the staff brought a suitable equipments for all the trip. The best kayak you can find here, because you can feel save and protected and the material is a high quality. through all the trip I felt supported and working all the time as a team (helping each other). I can say the same about Penguin Island (great day). We saw the Penguin show already paid and we did Snorkeling and we had a delicious lunch.
I definitely recommend the tour with Rivergods Paddle Adventures.

Visited November 2012
Arlington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Didn't honor reservation”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I made a reservation for a kayak to be delivered at a certain place at a certain time. Rivergods confirmed and charged my credit card. Two days before the day of my reservation they said I had to either pay an extra $50 or my reservation was cancelled. Obviously, I wasn't going to pay an extra $50 (which they never said was a possibility when I initially booked) and my weekend plans were totally ruined. Thanks for nothing Rivergods.

6 Thank Traveler_From_Va513
Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Canning River”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hi All

We went on 1/2 day tour of Canning River. Fantastic! Organised very well. Lots of fun. We had children age 12,10,7 and 1 person who had never paddled before. They instructed those who didn't know how to paddle very well and were very patient. After a slow take off we all started to get the hang of it. The instructor was very informative about the river and told us about the many different birds that we saw. We saw many nests and babies in which we probably wouldn't have seen if not pointed out. We went through little secret areas which were so pretty. Highly recommended and now we can't wait to the the Penguin Island tour!! The guides were very friendly and we all felt very safe...

2 Thank Melissa R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A "Must Do" Day Trip”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A great way to get close to the best of WA, it was a really wonderful experience to paddle out on the Indian Ocean on a beautiful spring morning, we made our way over to Seal and Penguin Island and saw loads of wildlife and stopped for a great lunch. Very knowledgable guide really enriches the whole experience and we'll definitely be back again this season and planning to take visitors from over east out too. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Visited September 2012