“At long last!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
“At long last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have come a long way since my "de-virgination" in Los Angeles when I was first subjected to eating raw fish.

At the time, I thought my hosts were joking when this minuscule piece of fish was delivered on an empty plate before me and I was urged to tuck in. I was also 18 years old and it wasn't April Fools Day.

Back in 1983, fine dining, for a student like me, was a Roy Rogers burger washed down with coke. And back home in England, a good meal was meat and two veggies.

It took me another five years to have the very greatest fortune to find myself in Washington DC and at the mercy of the then Japanese Embassy chefs who moonlighted in a local sushi joint. I became a convert and have never looked back.

Aisuru Sushi is the first sushi restaurant in Perth that I think comes close to deserving an "Excellent" tag. Artistic, interesting and above all else tasteful, their mixed and exciting offerings are what you should be eating in any place that peddles under the names of sushi or sashimi. Sure the price tags are slightly steep, but not in the league of the Crown Burswood restaurant proportions.

Aisuru is not a big place, but it is airy, neutral, functional and full of vim and vibe, bustling with aesthetes and pagans like me. Seriously, I would go there every day if I didn't have the urge to do what I like to do, experiment and go to other places.

Yes...I will be back...lots.

• Visited March 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent sushi and selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

LOVED the sushi here. Wasn't the cheapest meal but was excellent quality and speedy service. The restaurant was packed with a wait list, but being a solo traveller, I got right in. Liked that they had the "sampler" size of rolls (4 pieces) so you could try multiple types.

Visited April 2013
“Superb sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

So fresh and such high quality ingredients, preparation and presentation.

This is a great addition to the Northbridge scene.

The sushi is made right in front of you, I would highly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2012
perth
“Melt in your mouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

So fresh and what a beautiful menu... I loved this fresh sushi place. We ate here before attending the theatre. The kitchen with all its activity was very entertaining. The food was quick and very tasty. I would recommend this place to people looking for a new twist in sushi.

• Visited March 2013
“My Favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you LOVE sushi and you feel like a treat this is a MUST TRY!!! pretty much everything is delicious!! Service is fast and friendly and the desert YUM!!! Pricey for sushi but not more than you would pay going anywhere else for dinner. The place does get very busy and sometimes there is a wait to get in but it is very much worth waiting for!

• Visited December 2012