“very disapointting.”

Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Perth
London, United Kingdom
“very disapointting.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at the goodearth for two weeks. On our first week of staying, we had money stolen from our room. Police were called, but to no avail because they could not get enough everidence. Second week went well, untill the day before we were going home. We went out for the day on our return, more money had been taken yet again from our room. Again police were contacted, but could not do nothing. It was bad enough it happening the first time, but not second. Yes maybe we were stupid, for leaving money there but there was no safe in room. We came to that hotel to enjoy our stay, not to be robbed. Staff were sympothatic at reception. Area manager and ower have not been incontact with us, which says alot about the hotel. So whoever is reading this be very careful, with your monies. Rooms are cleaned every day.

Room Tip: Basic room, get what you pay for including phone in room,which did not work properly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 74deb
Goodearth-Ambassador, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Goodearth Perth, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear 74deb,
We have taken this alleged loss of goods experienced at the hotel very seriously. As with any complaint, staff and management make every effort to assist guests where ever possible. We understand that guests may have valuables which need to be kept safe, and have safety deposit boxes available at reception for the specific use of safe storage during their stay. In this particular instance, the safety boxes were not used, although offered to you on several occasions. The hotel contacted the Police on several occasions to assist you, and management spent a considerable amount of time attending to this matter. If we can help any further, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We normally stay at Miss Maud's Hotel which on this occasion was fully booked. As we only wanted one night and this hotel was close to where we were picking our hire car up from it seemed to fit the bill.

Check in was smooth and friendly on my booking I had asked for a quiet room - to which I was assured we would have. Room was tired, dated, dreary but functional. The aircon unit worked well. I read the in room information which pointed out the hotels noise policy and felt somewhat reassured. All appeared quiet except for the fridge. So we settled down for the night, then the door slamming started and people knocking loudly on doors, scrapping of furniture across floors. As people started coming back to their rooms room their night , there was shouting, screaming and howling, running up and down the corridors this finally stopped at about 2.30.

Now we have stayed in many, cities and hotels over the years, but the paper thin walls and floors of this hotel, the noisy plumbing unbelievable. To add insult to injury the building. Work started at 7.00.

There is nothing to recommend and no we won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Book another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Redtop1

Travelers are raving about these Perth hotels

KL Malaysia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We are a family of 6 with 4 children under 14yrs and stayed at the Goodearth Hotel in Perth for a week till Halloween.The hotel is located in the CBD and very close to all the modes of transportation one may require.All buses are free and if not afraid to walk a block or two can interchange between the free city bus lines.
The Goodearth hotel itself is very comfortable as its rooms are spacious enough and clean.The furniture is a bit dated and mattress lumpy but if its only to spend the night perhaps we were a little forgiving.It came with cooking facilities and microwave so we managed to make simple meals and save some money. The hotel provided a very satisfactory prebooked buffet breakfast which we will miss.Even our packed breakfast prior to our early departure was very refreshing and tasty.Its not really a 3 star to my taste but will do if you are on a budget.
The staff are pleasant and helpful but mostly we were quite independent as there are ample leaflets and brochures at the lobby to help you make up your mind and choose your travel plans.
We took 2 tours from Valentino tours which took us to the Pinnacles, Caversham wildlife park and Swan river cruise.
The there was also a bus tour of Fremantle which was very informative,you would be advised that the Fremantle market is open only on Fridays and weekends and worth a trip to pick up some nice momentos and souveniers.
The Caversham wildlife park is slightly over-rated but the kids will enjoy petting the kangaroos and kualas .The pinnacles are full of flies and be advised to buy those flynets or you will be tested severely as the weather heats up by swathes of large insistent flies i have never encountered anywhere else.
Don't bother to buy the anti fly cream ECO or not from a nearby roadstop its all humbug doesn't stop a single fly .
We managed to take in some decent sight seeing trip just using the free city CAT buses .
If taking the family its cheaper to use the trains only on the weekend as they offer a family fare, however once you've purchased the full fare you can use it all day long for any train,bus or ferry .
All in our trip was really relaxing and fun. We saw a lot of Perth and Freemantle but would love to see more.If our currency exchange was not so steep we would have loved to savour more local delicacies.

Room Tip: If travelling from Malaysia book tours from here.They are cheaper but if you have time do take the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ACPKLMalaysia
Nashville
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am amazed that anyone could review this hotel as a good one. This ranks as one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I was travelling with ten other people who were also booked into this hotel. Within minutes of check in, we were all calling each other saying what an awful hotel it was and immediately discussed trying to get another hotel. Therefore, my opinion is also shared by the other's I travelled with.
The hotel is old and musty. I was almost sick from the odor in my rooom. I'm not sure what the odor was but it smelled like I was in a hospital. The bedding was old and very uninviting. I did not want to sleep on the sheets they provided, therefore I threw my clothes over the sheets and slept on those. The room cost in excess of $300.00 per night. (what a joke)
I did not know this until I asked at the front desk clerk ( because someone else made the reservation and paid for it). I was expecting him to say that the cost was $60.00 or $70.00, so I almost fell to the floor when he told me the price. In fact, he said it could cost as much as $500.00 on any given night. It is one of the most depressing places I've been to in many years. Stay away, this is a real dump. Next morning we checked out and checked into the Duxton (about a mile down the road) an amazing 5 star hotel at around the same price (at least it was on that day) Calling this hotel "The Good Earth" is also very misleading.
Rather than trying to save all that water they should heat it up and give the place a good scrubbing, put in new carpet,bedding, and a few coats of paint (just for starters) and maybe then it would rank as an "acceptable" room for the night for those on a real budget. BTW..I ordered room service and I had to go and pick it up myself from the restaurant.(I thought the idea of room service is that they bring it to you) The in house restaurant is awful and the cooks handle meats and vegetables with their hands. I quickly went across the street to the Dome restaurant which was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mambojo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

room 611, extremely noisey elevator, all night I was constantly woken by the lift noise travelling through to my room as though it might as well of been in my room.
I guess noise is the biggest issue here, doors closing, people in hallways, the noise just travelled but the elevator noise drove me insane!!!!!
Bathroom was so small, had to contort to get in and out making sure the door was closed so I could actually get into the shower, anyone bigger would really struggle, ergonomics and design is shocking.
Food on the dine in menu was terrible, very basic and overpriced.
Luckly I did not pay for my stay as my work did, but I will be recommending the book elsewhere in the future.
Make sure if you get room 611 ask to be moved!!! or prepare to listen to an elevator all night.

Room Tip: dont stay in room 611 if you want a peacful nights sleep, constant elevator noise heard easily in ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mattieflavour
Aussie
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having recently stayed at this hotel, I was most impressed.
We had a 2 room apartment which was very comfortable.
The hotel is well situated and only a few minutes walk to other hotels and the city or the river.
The free bus leaves from outside the hotel.
We had the full buffet breakfast which was great and a very reasonable cost.
The staff were very helpfull and friendly.
Free car parking was a bonus as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank faboio
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well Perth was the Best Place.
It was very lovely and you where able to travel from out side the Goodearth Hotel on a free bus that took you around the city for free, you could get on and off and it would not cost you any thing for the day, it takes you to the train so you can take the train to where you would like to Freemantle/ down to the last stop and then up to scarbough where the wave beachers are.
YOu can walk fromt he Goodearth Hotel to the City it and around if you wish it has alot of old buildings and lots of Photo Opertunities. then if you walk it again at night the lights change the whole City. The city the shops are all over they have little Allies that look so coolies with little shops in them with alsorts of this nicknakes, I love this place it is clean and tidy and it is the Simply life and so relaxing. Fantastic rail service and bus service, lots of cheap places to eat. in the city.
I would recommend Perth to any one, you would have to go to the Cosino that is different, for me it did not work but it might for you.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the Lifts. A quiter Room.. Corner suites are large and sunny"...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple