“Great base for all Perth has to offer.”
Review of Mantra on Murray

Mantra on Murray
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in late September for 2 nights as a special. Went to the Cirque du Soleil concert at the Perth Arena on Friday night. The arena is a pleasant 8 minute walk (800 metres) away and this is a convenient base for that venue as well as the food outlets in the Murray St and Hay St Malls. On Saturday we took a train to Patterson's stadium (Subiaco) for the AFL prelim final. Perth train station is a 5 minute walk to get the train to Clarkson, Cannington, Midland and Fremantle or 3 min walk to Perth underground to catch the train to Mandurah. The room was clean and comfortable and the food at the restaurant is good value. All in all a great venue. If you have a car you have to park across the road at Raine Square at the reduced rate of $25 per day. There is no set down bay for the hotel which is my only criticism.

• Stayed: September 2013
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Roscope,

Thanks for your great feedback about Mantra on Murray. Our location is certainly fantastic for exploring the central city and using Public transport to travel further afield.
We do have a fine minute parking bay at the front of the hotel which is designed for pickup and setdown and this is managed by Perth City Council. Unfortunately this is shared with the needs of other adjacent businesses.

I hope we will see you at Mantra on Murray again soon.

KInd regards
Peter Halliday

Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Really poor. I was told that the restaurant was closed for cleaning, but in room service was available. So I ordered in room service, but it never came. I rang up after 45mins and was told it was only 5mins away. 20mins later they rang back and said it still wasn't ready. I cancelled and went outside to another restaurant. Very, very bad performance for a hotel that cost $80 more per night than all the others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon H

Dear Simon H,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is disappointing to read reviews when things have not gone to plan.
There were circumstances on the day that necessitated the restaurant opening being delayed due to events out of our control. However our performance in offering, but failing to deliver timely room service was not up to our usual standard and I apologise for that. I was unable to contact you at the time but I believe my Duty Manager has been in contact with you and was able to assist you the following night.

I hope you understand this was an isolated incident and not the service we strive to deliver on a daily basis. I do hope you will consider us agian for a future stay and we have an opportunity to show you what we are truly capable of.
Please do not hesitate to conact me directly should you wish to discuss this further.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I purchased a 'secret stay' on lastminute.com and wasn't expecting too much for the budget price. However, what I got was a beautiful studio, well appointed, self contained apartment. The staff were lovely, the room was clean, fresh and modern. The only complaint I had was that the plumbing needed a little bit of attention. The cistern had a drip and the taps needed seeing too. However on the whole, this was nothing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandgroper71
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Sandgroper 71,

When we offer rooms on the "mystery sites", we offer very good value for money. Thank you for your kind review. I have passed your comments about the plumbing to our maintenance team to focus on.

I look forward to welcoming you again, perhaps on another secret stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I can't imagine a better hotel in Perth, both for how new and clean it is from top to bottom but also because of the great value. Perth is a surprisingly expensive city -- just have a look at real estate prices, especially in the central business district. This hotel is sitting on a very valuable location and might be a lot more expensive. It's right smack in the middle of everything. The entire experience staying was outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LAXtoLHR

HI LAXtoLHR,

Thank you for your kind review of Mantra on Murray. Our location is certainly a distinct advantage for us but I am particularly pleased that you found our product and service was also up to standard.

I do hope we can welcome you back when you next stop in Perth.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our last minute booking was a nice surprise. Though right in the city, the Mantra on Murray was an easy walk to Subiaco where we were going for the footy. Undercover, secure parking in Raine Square was at a reasonable rate for 24 hours. Checkin staff were pleasant and helpful and the room itself was comfortable, clean and spacious. The only downside was a little bit of noise from the Moon and Sixpence directly opposite. Ideal stopover for regional West Aussies wanting city accommodation.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BunburyPaula
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Hi BunburyPaula,

Thanks for your feedback about your stay on the weekend. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay. Did you know that you can very easily catch the train to the Football from Perth Central Station which is only a very short walk from the hotel?

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

walking to the arena and the train station is easy
Comfy beds, tidy, and clean rooms
Quite large with armchairs and a kitchenette.
We found the bathroom taps to be very confusing. To make a pretty pattern they have some of the taps upside down so that they turn in different direction for on and off.
The hot and cold aren't very well marked either.
Apart from that its a very nice hotel in a great location close to the train station, hay st mall and the perth arena.
Breaky was limited but still good.
Only down side was in the morning there was a lot of light leaking around the edges of the curtains. It made the room very bright.
defiantly stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate B

Dear Kate B,

Thank you for reviewing Mantra on Murray. Our location is definitely an advantage for guests attending events at the Perth Arena as well as a number of other venues close bu such as the State Theatre, His Majesty's, and the PCEC.
I am pleased you found your room comfortable.and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

It was quite fortuitous because I was going to Perth in Sept anyway and then the Mantra hotel chain had a special offer on, so I was able to book a great room for $99 per night. The location is very central, everything you need is close by. The staff were really helpful and friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The prices in the mini bar were okay and I would recommend the prawn curry in the restaurant. Also there are 2 great bars in close proximity to the Mantra on Murray - a happening drinking hole bar opposite the hotel "The Moon & Sixpence" and a lovely lingerie shop next to it "The Bra Bar".

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room then I would suggest a room at the back / south side of the hotel as &quo...