“Showing its age.”
Review of Mantra on Murray

Mantra on Murray
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Rooms were clean and had a kitchenette, so you can cook for yourself, the property is showing its age, but has obviousely had some renovations. The room airconditioner was very noisy, and had to be turned off in order to sleep, then the room became stuffy and hot. The shower dripped, and was noisy, and was reported to the desk, on return it was fixed, but then dripped again after use, we eventually found that you had to get the taps in just the right spot to stop the dripping, but some feedback on this would have been nice.

Room Tip: Front rooms can be very noisy due to proximity to hotels and nightclubs in area
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear VinceM50,

Thank you for your review of Mantra on Murray. I am sorry to read that you have had some maintenance issues with your room. I have referred these to our Maintenance Manager.

I do hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Peter Halliday

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Mantra on Murray was in a great location, in the town centre of Perth. Close to the shops, transport network & swan river. Always like to stay in the Mantra. The kitchenette had everything we need, the bathroom was a gd size, nice lounge area n comfy bed. The staff were friendly & helpful. Enjoyed our stay in Perth.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HannahMansfield
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Hannah,

Thank you posting your review of Mantra on Murray, I am very pleased to read that you found everything to your liking. I will take please in passing on your comments to my team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not stayed here for a few years but the location is great( right in the City center) 1 min walk to the nearest watering hole. we used to stay 6 to 9 weeks at a time for training. Rooms were clean but basic, all you really need . staff very nice and willing to help with anything. only had room service a few time as prefer going out but its the same as all hotels. Good for parking car as the have a deal with NCP across the road. Tour bus stops right outside hotel for kings park which is a must but also a good walk. Not far to wlak to Swan river which is always nice. No Gym at the hotel but loads of fitness centers round the corner

Room Tip: only view would be a room facing the front of the hotel but i didnt care your in Austraila hotels on...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MadMal79

Dear MadMal79,

Thank you for your appraisal of Mantra on Murray, I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stays here in the past and have a clear understanding of what the local area has to offer. One point to note is thjat whilst the hotel does not have a Gym, guests have complimentary acces to the The Cove Gym around the corner in Hay Street.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My visit here was uneventful - which is a good thing. Room was clean and basic, with all that I needed, e.g. kitchenette, sofa. Good for a city break. Maybe more for business than a luxurious weekend away. In saying that, the room was smart enough and the hotel was fresh and trendy (though not smart and boutique). The staff were friendly. It is centrally located in the town center. There was noise from a closeby nightclub - but the tunes were good! I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jared,

Thank you for your critique of Mantra on Murray.I am very pleased to read that the property was to your liking. I regard it as wonderful endorsement when our guests say they will stay will stay with us again in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Quite reasonable for Perth but certainly not 5 star. Good sized room but shower was sprayed water everywhere and air-con noisy. Right in the centre of town and ideal location for business or holiday although no on site parking. Stayed for 4 nights and it was a different rate for every night but by Perth rates not too expensive on average.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Geoffg111,

Thank you for reviewing Mantra on Murray. I am pleased to read that overall your stay was good and you found us reasoanbly priced. I have forwarded you comments regarding the shower and airconditioner to my maintenance team to review.

I do hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband & I needed an overnight stay in Perth from from our home in the country last week and chose to stay at the Mantra on Murray, what a great choice. Ended up staying 2 nights and found the staff wonderful from the first we walked in. We were in need of some TLC as my husband had suffered a nasty accident over Easter and we had to visit a specialist in Perth. Everyone went out of their way to assist us in every way.

The room was immaculately clean, the restaurant food was to die for and the wait and bar staff, considerate, pleasant and efficient. We did have a little hiccup waiting an hour for our lunch on the Friday, but the positives of everything else far outweighed this inconvenience.

We will certainly stay again and recommend others to do the same.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SuzanneM,

Thank you for your review of Mantra on Murray. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry we had a hiccup in the Restaurant but trust this was resolved to your satisfaction.
I was very pleased to read that my staff have been able to look after your needs.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Like other reviewers have mentioned the stay was fine and have no real complaints. Don't arrive thinking anything will be special or above average, you will be disappointed. Mantra on Murray offers a no thrills basic room, bland decor, small restaurant and little else.
Ideal for a short business trip but not for a prolonged stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Underestimated,

Thank you for your review of Mantra on Murray. I am pleased that your stay with us was fine.
Mantra on Murray was refurbished 2 years ago in a contemporary style and being right in the heart of the city we have endeavoured to position our product as a launching pad to all the city of Perth has to offer for both business and leisure guests. Our rooms are spacious and contain cooking facilities which are appreciated by guests who stay more than a couple of nights. In addition to our own bar and restaurant, it only a very short stroll to a wide range of bars and restaurants to suit all budgets. It has been my experience that the vast majority of guests are very happy with our product so I was a little surprised by some of your comments. Nevertheless, you have challenged us and I have put this to my team to respond and improve.

I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and we can deliver an experience you will rate as special.