“Thoroughly Recommend”
Review of Mantra on Murray

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed for first three nights of a holiday in Western Australia.
Location, location, location….Superb, access for the CBD, a Coles Supermarket across the road and only a couple of minutes from a Woolworths Liquor store.
Both the accommodation and staff could not be faulted.
Was suitably impressed with all aspects of the hotel and location to return for our final two night of the holiday three weeks later.
Wifi a tad expensive, so walk a couple of hundred yards to the central library where it’s free.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Petrus_58_13
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Petrus,

Thank you for your kind review of Mantra on Murray. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. My staff work very hard to look after our guests and it is always satisfying to be able to pass on positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Mantra on Murray

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed 4 nights for Business from Monday to Friday. Great location for me as everything was close by. Room was large and comfortable for my needs. Bed was quite comfy. Air-Con was noisy but put up with it as it was a warm week in Perth. Room service was very quick but I think they would benefit from an upgraded room service menu. It is not very extensive and for those that travel alone on Business some prefer the option of dining in their room. Movre variety is need I think. I am booked in to stay again in January.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deborah A
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Deborah A,

Thank you for your review of Mantra on Murray. Iam pleased tyhat you have been satisfied enough to book with us again. The location of our hotel and size of our rooms are both features that our guests like about us. Thank you for the feedback about our room service offering, I will be reviewing this with the Food and Beverage Manager oin the New Year.

I look forward to welcoming you back in January.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here for a week while on business in Perth, the rooms were great. Huge room with King size bed and sofa plus plenty more space. There is also a small kitchenette also, while I never did any cooking you could make a basic meal without any real problems, There is a coles right accross the road and if your on a budget might be an idea to buy some food from there as it's fair to say Perth is pretty expensive to eat out in. The bathroom was also big, and I really like the Mantra toiletries, (The novotel brand could learn a bit here).

The hotel is smack bang in the centre of town, with the train station 2 blocks away and a subway enterance accross the road. The shopping malls are just around the corner. The staff were friendly and my room was always very clean. Only thing that was a pain was my card to get into my room died 3 times in a week. Also the gym that use is very basic and not that nice.

I'd more than happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank marktravel2000

Dear Marktravel2000,

I am very pleased to read your review of Mantra on Murray and find that your have enjoyed your stay with us.I am disappointed to hear that you had problems with your room key. We seem to have had a spate of these problems over the last few weeks and I am trying to get to the bottom of it at the moment. I suspect it might be a bad batch of electronic keys. We are awaiting a new delivery to try and resolve this. Your comments about the Cove Gym are the first adverse comments we have had about these facilities. I am sorry you have not found this arrangement ideal.

I am pleased that you have found our location, room size and our inroom amenities to your liking. I note you would be more than happy to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at Mantra on Murray with my partner for an Xmas do. Definetely handy for being so close to the Underground Station and the male front office staff were friendly and personable. The room was clean enough but the aircon played up all night - didn't stay on a constant temperature and whined all night and the pillows aren't very comfortable. We had to leave early for work and upon booking the room, the website said breakfast started at 6, so we booked a B&B package. Signage out of the front of the hotel stated breakfast starts at 630, but the reception staff told us it didn't start until 7, which was incredibly inconvenient, so the hotel needs to update its advertising. The restaurant staff ignored us completely while we were waiting around, even though we could see everything was ready to go before 7am. All in all, its proximity to public transport and the early afternoon male front office staff would be the hotels' saving grace, but I do not think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Olesherxo,

Thank you for your review of Mantra on Murray. I am sorry that you have experienced some issues with your stay. I would be very interested to talk to you and find out which room you were staying in so that we can have the airconditioning unit serviced. I apologise for the service you have received in the restaurant and will be addressing this with the staff there. We have changed our opening times over the Christmas period whilst demand for early breakfast is reduced, however we have obviously not communicated this properly. In any event if the staff were there, they should have been assisting you regardless of the time.

I do hope that you will try us again again at some time in the future as I firmly believe your stay was not indicative of our normal service levels.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The staff at Mantra On Murray were just so kind and helpful with all requests attented with speed and no trouble. The breakfast was first class and accommodation excellent and clean. I would strongly recommend this hotel for future stays in Perth. The location is excellent with good access.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank D
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Frank D,

Thank you for posting your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your experience staying at Mantra on Murray.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon,

Generla Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Good location with friendly staff who were very helpful. We found the restaurant excellent both in quality and price. Room and facilities impressive. All in all highly recommend. Would use again when next in Perth.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank NandTofH
Peter_Halliday, General Manager at Mantra on Murray, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear NandTofH,

Thank you for your revew of Mantra on Murray, I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have found my staff to be friendly and helpful. It is always encouraging to recieve positive feedback and I will take satisfaction in passing on your comments to my team.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you need a clean quiet comfortable place to stay for your Perth business trip, this is quite suitable. The room was a long thin shape, at least it had a window with natural light and some partial views of the city west. I thought the Internet charge was ridiculously expensive, and this really is an insult. Such services should be complimentary for business people who are already paying incredibly high room rates for this average standard of lodging.
I read of other persons bad experiences with front desk staff. I noticed there is a mix of pleasant staff and rude staff working different shifts at the counter. The day shift manager Tony was courteous and helpful in resolving a billing query I had. Overall not a bad hotel, and the location is excellent for quick easy walk to everywhere in downtown Perth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your constructive feedback about my hotel. I appreciate your honesty and have rasied your comments with my departmental managers in relation to our service standards and we are working hard to address areas where we can improve.
Delivery of internet services to hotel rooms is always a challenging topic. In order to keep pace with changes in technology we engage an external provider to supply and maintain the infrastructure and connection needed to deliver an acceptable service to our guests. There are many variables that need to be accommodated in a hotel including the enormous range of devices guests bring with them, the various settings and restriction placed on a lot of that equipment by guest's employers for security purposes and the knowledge level and communication levels of individual guests. These require a dedicated help desk to be available to assist when connection problems occur. For all these reasons, provision of internet connection in a hotel is not the same as in a home or single employer work environment, and hence incurs extra costs. In the same manner as telephone calls, minibar, and breakfast are on charged, so internet costs are passed on to guests on a user pays basis, rather than spread across all hotel guests regardless of useage.
I hope this helps to address your concerns in this area