“need staff that speak english and cleaners that clean :/”
Review of Hotel Northbridge

Hotel Northbridge
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed July 15, 2014

staff were hard to understand behind reception and in the fuse bar and room needed to be cleaner found a screw that I nearly stepped on and hair in the spa the room was basic but comfortable but cleanliness let it down.there was also only a sheet on the bed its the middle of winter to me it just screams laziness have stayed here every year for the past 5 but wont be returning

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank travelbugskj
Lake210, Front Office Manager at Hotel Northbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear travelbugskj

Please accept our apologies for having trouble understanding a few of our staff members, I will pass this information onto all our Department Heads to use for further training.

I am also really sorry with the issues that you found with your room. This is not the standard that we aspire to be and I will be speaking to our Housekeeping & Maintenance Manager further about the issues you pointed out.

I do thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention, as it helps us identify areas that we need improvement in.

Thank you once again and please accept our apology.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in April for one night. We were both on holidays, wanted to get out of the house and relax in a spa bath. We stayed on a Monday or Tuesday night so the price was very affordable. Majority, if not all of rooms at this hotel have a spa bath which is great! Most hotels charge so much more for rooms with a spa bath. It made our stay very relaxing. Reception staff are welcoming and polite. Rooms are neat and tidy. Worth what you pay. Ate at Chime Restaurant. Never again. I won't go into detail but it was the worst food my partner and I have ever come across. The service was as bad as the food as well. I ended up complaining and got a refund. The food just was not restaurant quality. Hopefully the restaurant picks up because the hotel is a good place.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ellen K

We are really happy that you enjoyed your room & staff on your recent visit to the Hotel Northbridge.

I am really upset that you had a bad experience in the Chime Restaurant and will be taking this matter up further with the Head Chef.

If you would like to give me any further information on this matter, please feel free to contact me on fom@hotelnorthbridge.com.au

Please accept my apology on behalf of the restaurant and hopefully will see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Some of the decor in the hotel is slightly dated but it is very clean and fairly well maintained. And as our second visit to this hotel it met all our expectations and more by the level of service we recieved.
Upon arrival we were met by helpful, friendly reception staff. Having booked a deluxe room with a spa I decided to run a bath but the fitting unfortunately came away from the wall and had to be looked at by maintenance. Upon advising reception of the issue they upgraded our room without any delay and within an hour we had been given a complementary bottle of bubbly, from the manager himself, for the inconvenience.
I'd recommend to anyone for a relaxing city break.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tee3182

Thank you for the positive feedback from your previous stay at the hotel. We are extremely sorry for the incident with the tap in the spa and thank you for your understanding in having to move rooms.

It was our pleasure to bring you a bottle of bubbly to enjoy whilst having a spa, for the inconvenience of having to change rooms.

We thank you for the kind feedback with regards to the Reception staff and will pass this information along to them.

We look forward to seeing you back in the future, next time you need that relaxing city break!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are Perth locals and have stayed at this property numerous times, usually when flying in or out either early morning or arriving back late at night. By Perth standards it's well priced for what you get. Rooms are clean with good air cons (we always book a delux room)only gripe I have is there are no porters to help with luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear bmr46

Thank you for your feedback from your previous stay at the hotel. It is a pleasure to have local people using us on a regular basis.

We are very sorry that the hotel does not have porters, however if you ever need assistance with your luggage - please ask the reception staff and they will make sure that someone helps you out.

I thank you for your repeat patronage and look forward to seeing you back with us again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Northbridge for one night on our trip to WA as it was conveniently located near Mount Lawley, where we were meeting friends for dinner. The hotel was 1.3km from Mt Lawley, roughly a 15 minute walk.

The hotel provides basic accommodation with the hallways and rooms showing signs of ageing. The bathroom in our room had some very obvious patching on the wall and the toilet door appeared to have been repurposed as it had screw marks on he rear of the door which suggested that it had been a self-closing door in a previous life.

The furnishings are a little dated also.

There was a strong smell of cleaning product when we checked into our room. The room was clean and tidy.

We parked our car on the street after reading the reviews regarding the hotel's car park. It was limited parking during the day.

While the hotel was comfortable and convenient, we will probably try other options if we should return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We could not be anymore upset about our stay. Would NEVER reccommend this hotel to anyone.
When we arrived we were told it was an extra charge of $30 per person. I then asked where in our emails or the website was this stated. The extremely rude receptionist then said "can you read?!" after snatching the paperwork out of my hand. When she could not find the explaination of the extra charge she threw the paperwork and slammed the door in our faces.
she came back out moments later and said this one time there will be no extra charge. She put our details in the computer and didnt say another thing.
I then asked why she was rude to us when i was just trying to understand why there was an extra charge and why she slammed the door as it was very rude.
We were then yelled at and told that she was not rude to us and that the door always slams.
She did not apologise to us and continued to be very rude.
We then asked about parking and she told us there was none left and we would have to park away from the hotel. Very dissapointing as we had called ahead and were told that they had many spaces free.

We then went up to the room to find the beds were a mess and the bath ect had not be cleaned to a proper standard. It was just more dissapointment.

Then we recieved a noise complaint at 5:00pm on the saturday night.

Rude, unclean and total dissapointment.
We left the hotel early as we were just too disspointed with everything.

Not a single good comment to leave. Felling extremely let down.
Do not stay at this hotel unless you want to be ripped off and dissapointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Marcy T
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was greeted at reception by a very rude lady, who ignored us for about 5 minutes before proceeding to check us in. She then tried to rip us off by increasing the rate of the room saying it was due to the extra people however none of this was stated in our booking information. She then became very rude as we were not happy to pay this as was not on our booming information and she slammed the door on us to call the manager I assume. The matter was resolved by not making us pay but we did not get an apology for her rudeness and will not be going back after this! Ruined my birthday weekend!

• Stayed: June 2014