“Bad Service”
Review of Hotel Northbridge

Hotel Northbridge
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Northbridge is no customer friendly, had numerous small problems that detracted from the overall experience including charging my customers credit card instead of mine. Elevator failed several times during our stay forcing us to carry our luggage up and down the 3 flights of stairs. The showers are in the middle of the room with only a curtain separating the sink and shower from the room. Not recommended at all - would never stay here again

Room Tip: Most room even if they have a window only look to other windows in the hotel - ask for a room that...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Marc T

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here for business recently, and it was fine for my purposes- leaving first thing in the morning and returning after dinner etc. The bed was very comfy and the size of the room was great, although the 'studio' setup with the spa in the same room was a little odd (also the fact that the shower is in the spa isn't great).
Staff were fine, although they weren't able to give me much info about where to eat in Northbridge and pointed me towards Brisbane St- for a bigger range of restaurants I'd recommend walking about 500 metres down Lake St towards the city, where you'll find a lot of restaurants and pubs.
My only other pointer is that the lift in the hotel is incredibly slow- make sure you allow an extra 5 minutes or so when leaving the hotel, because you can we left waiting there for a very long time!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was my second visit. Great value (by Perth standards anyway). Room was clean. My favourite thing about this Hotel is the location, close enough to Northbridge to walk in for the restaurants, bars etc but far enough away from the madness. Great cafes close by too.
The rooms don't seem too well insulated as you sometimes hear a little noise from other rooms and/or the hallway.
Lots of room too.
Bath/shower is in room, something to keep in mind if you are sharing with people that don't normally see you naked!
I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kiwikel8
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Inititally, I walked into the hotel and I was impressed but as we walked into the room I thought we were in the wrong hotel considering the photo's on the website. I was disappointed. The decor was dated, spa bath old but working and in the actual room itself, only 2 feet from the bed! with a very low pressure shower also..
Toilet was missing one flush button, corners of the floor dusty, walls chipped and scuffed but the rest was reasonable. Room service prompt and was nice food.. Bed was comfortable and linen not too bad also. We only stayed for 1 night and paid $160 (was a Tuesday) so for the money it was OK but maybe for a budget night while out on the town maybe but not a romantic couples retreat! Will not be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Not exactly a 4 start hotel, but for the same price as a comfort inn- definetely a great value. Great service and comfortable room and bed.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you are looking for budget accommodation, Hotel Northbridge could be a choice. It has lodge rooms which cost you the same or even cheaper with your private room in hostel in the city.
We have standard room, queen size bed, fireplace inside -but not working, shared bath room.

It's an old bulding with well maintenanced. However, I don't like the carpet and the fireplace in our room , it looked filthy. Out of that, all is OK. Acceptable and stayable.
With AUD 65 per nite, 10 minutes walk to the nearest blue CAT, price is soo competitive. Especially if you compare with other hostel's private room price, Northbridge hotel's offer is better

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My friend booked this Hotel for a weekend escape in Perth. Not only did the bathroom not have any walls but to add insult they had shower curtains not only for the shower but also to separate room from bathroom. We had booked for 3 people but only had two towels (until my friend complained), and they charged our credit card twice. And when i asked the front desk for information regarding where to dine locally the guy at the front desk completely ignored me and then i realised he couldn't speak English. We were told that we could only have one swiper key until we complained and then were told that if we lost them we would be charged..... these are the same type that most hotels throw away. I would not feel so disappointed if this hotel was priced under $100 but it was $210.... way overpriced for what you get. I would definitely not recommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends